PDA

View Full Version : MY JUMPER HAS SHRUNK!

Alive-Cat
10-12-2010, 06:01 PM
But it was on purpose. I got it wet and put it in the tumble dryer on a high temperature on purpose because it was too big before. I also shrink jeans a lot because it's rare to buy them and they're actually tight enough. Usually shrinkage is required.
On the other hand I love baggy t-shirts, I can't stand a t-shirt even clinging to my torso a little bit. If a t-shirt is too tight I sit with my knees inside it for a good long while stretching it. Then it's good. I don't like the sleeves being too long either, so I often roll them up and sow them that way. Also, I hate LONG t-shirts, I like them baggy, but I don't like them to go too much past my belt. Thus why I shrunk my jumper, it was TOO SMURFING LONG.
So I'm pretty particular about the fit of my clothes. I would go to lengths to adjust them. I like to look the way I like to look. How particular are you about the fit of your clothes? And generally how important is your image to you and how far do you go each day to maintain it?

Pheesh
10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Baggier the better. Tight clothes are for cyclists and single, sterile men.

NorthernChaosGod
10-12-2010, 08:04 PM
I generally buy clothes that fit well in the first place. o_O

They make different fits for jeans, I usually get the slim, straight fits and they're awesome.

Rodarian
10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
I generally buy clothes that fit well in the first place. o_O

They make different fits for jeans, I usually get the slim, straight fits and they're awesome.

This.....

NorthernChaosGod
10-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Baggier the better. Tight clothes are for cyclists and single, sterile men. men who aren't criminals and/or poor

Rye
10-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I generally don't dry my clothes in the drier, unless they're the kind of things that don't tend to shrink. Most things go on the drying rack. Sometimes I'll pop some shirts in for 5 minutes, just so they get the wrinkles out, but then I let them air-dry so that they don't shrink.

The only time I tend to purposely shrink is when it comes to jeans, lately. I've been losing a lot of weight lately, so when I'm in between pants sizes, I shrink my pants so that they don't fall off my butt. Right now I'm in between sizes, and I'm shrinking my jeans and waiting for a few short weeks until I get to buy more jeans in a smaller size. If I don't shrink my jeans, I can pull them out from my waist, Jared style.

I'll officially be at my freshman year of college thin size once I get down to that pant size! *dance*

Bunny
10-12-2010, 09:21 PM
I wear clothes that are comfortable. These include semi-tight fitting shirts and slightly baggy jeans. Image isn't all that important to me and I do not go to great things to preserve it, but I do not look like a bag of asses all the time.

Seraphic
10-13-2010, 12:04 AM
I started wearing skinny jeans sometime at the beginning of college and ever since it's hard to wear anything that isn't somewhat form-fitting.
I'm also of the school of not wearing shirts that are too long. I'll end up rolling it up and tucking it in the back or something or just try to buy shirts that are the right length.

NorthernChaosGod
10-13-2010, 01:36 AM
I tried on skinny jeans one time, my legs are too big for that :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Shorty
10-13-2010, 03:10 AM
I wear comfortable clothes when I'm at home - IE, t-shirts, pajamas pants, gym shorts, etc. When I go out, I prefer more form-fitting clothing.

I've never shrunk anything on purpose, though. And I do not put my jeans in the dryer. That's the worst thing you can do. I have to buy "short" versions of pants, and if they shrink, they become too short. :(

Laddy
10-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Tight clothes are well...tight.

Pheesh
10-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Baggier the better. Tight clothes are for cyclists and single, sterile men. men who aren't criminals and/or poor

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the screams of 1 billion sperm, emanating from your considerably small package.

Laddy
10-13-2010, 06:27 AM

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the screams of 1 billion sperm, emanating from your considerably small package.
You can't sell a product without advetising, dearie. <3

Alive-Cat
10-13-2010, 09:52 AM
This is the state of the clothing industry. They rarely sell clothes that fit me in the manner of which I want them to! :nonono: So I'm forced to take matters into my own hands.
It seems I'm constantly messing about with my clothes because I'm having to renovate the inside of my running shoes this morning. They're giving me blisters on my feet for some reason so I'm having to cut bits out of the inside and stick bits of material in there to cushion them.

LOOK THERE'S A SMURFING RECESSION GOING ON OKAY :mad2:

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-13-2010, 03:49 PM
I buy comfy clothes that fit in a way that makes me feel good.

What the eff is a jumper?

Alive-Cat
10-13-2010, 03:54 PM
A jumper is a small man with dark olive hair who's natural habitats include subway stations and closets.
But it can also be used as a British term for 'sweater'. :D