PDA

View Full Version : Air travel annoyances.

Agent Proto
10-13-2010, 03:04 AM
I want to make a thread about air traveling. Well, not really, but annoying stuff that have happened to you while traveling, especially by air. So this thread is all about the annoying things associated with air travel!

Last month, as you know, I was at Cancun. Traveled there by air, so you should know I have a couple things I want to mention in this thread. While returning back home, we got stopped by the security and they searched through all of our bags. I didn't really mind, but my mom on the other hand made such a big deal out of it. It was kind of embarrassing to watch her complain how she and her family felt "discriminated" because it seemed we were the only group to have their entire luggage searched through. -_-;;

Another thing, well this was several years ago. It was just me and my mom. We were returning home. Anyway, we went on this medium sized jet, and as we landed, the stewardess made an announcement telling us that we just landed and that no one should get their bags until the plane had fully stopped. Of course, my mom was the only person on the plane standing and getting her suitcase from the overhead bins. I facepalmed because she was doing this while the announcement was made.

Laddy
10-13-2010, 03:07 AM
SITTING NEXT TO OBNOXIOUS KIDS

Shorty
10-13-2010, 05:35 AM
SCREAMING CHILDREN

dammit, lad beat me to it. Also, creepy old men who stare at your boobs as you reach up to get your bag from above. I see you, you dirtbag.

Pheesh
10-13-2010, 07:54 AM
I would say it's mostly the whole 'lots of people' thing. Yeah, I'll go with that *shudders*

Also, there's a certain Australian airline (Jetstar) who have something going on with their planes that gives me the worst pressure headaches, it feels like someone's jabbing sewing needles through my head. The last time I was on one of their planes it felt like I was about to die, never again.

Rodarian
10-13-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm a pretty gracious traveler however the sector which gets me annoyed the most is the Dubai-Karachi one....People are unimaginably plain out rude and have no manners.....Like what Proto mentioned, people start to get up right after the plan has landed and is taxing to the gate...I feel pretty sympathetic to the cabin crew as they have frequently announce to the passengers to remain in their seats...

Whats the rush people... Your bags aren't going to come out of the cargo hold any quicker and may I remind the folks that there is still customs to go through...

Oh and never use the lavatory during this sector...Just don't X_X Not even if you're travelling Business or First....

Another thing I hate the most is pushy travelers who want to trade seats, just because they don't want to sit on the back aisle seat... Lady I don't give a damn if you think I'm an asshole, I paid for my window seat in the forward section and not at the back..So shut the :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou: up and leave me be.....

Oh and crying babies and unruly....While babies I can understand (subtle changes in cabin pressure)...Parents I do not want a four /five year old running down the aisle with their jam dirty hands touching me or anyone else......

Oh and people who fart dirty dirty cheese and very obviously lifting their ass up to release their toxic fumes for myself and other to breathe and desperately trying to unleash the oxygen mask on the overhead compartment....

What happened to the glory days of travel......I can tell you....Airlines started to let people wear flip flops and shorts on board...... :P

So remember if you're travelling econ and want an ugrade....Dress smart and be gracious....

Shlup
10-13-2010, 08:28 AM
I... I've never really had a problem during air travel. And I think I've done it kind of a lot, my longest flight being twelve hours.

I guess the line to check in to go home from Jamaica kind of sucked. But, I mean, that's a third world country so whatyagonnado.

Oh, and they lost my luggage when I got there. So I didn't have most of my stuff for more than half of my honeymoon. Including my razor. Poor BJ. I had my swimsuit in my carry on though, so it didn't spoil the trip.

Abominatrix has a really good air travel horror story.

Rodarian
10-13-2010, 08:48 AM
I... I've never really had a problem during air travel. And I think I've done it kind of a lot, my longest flight being twelve hours.

Either you're blocking out some painful air travel memory or you took a shiit bunch of sleeping pills to knock yourself out.....

I think I was someone's else air travel story when (due to cabin pressure) my eyeball nearly popped out of my eyelid.....:eek:

Shlup
10-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Well, I sat between BJ and our friend on that one, so I was probably bugging BJ by leaning on him to nap (though he didn't complain) and bugging our friend by making him let me out to pee every hour (he did complain, but that's, like, his thing).

Badge
10-13-2010, 09:47 AM
I've never really had a problem flying. But I totally agree with the one about people getting their bags and luggage after being asked to wait till the plane has stopped or whatever. It reminds me of a funny Lee Evans sketch where he talks about airports and British people. Us British are so impatient and we are stood up and waiting to get off the plane before it's started to descend.

Alive-Cat
10-13-2010, 09:55 AM
I HATE it when the plane turns into a giant robot with me inside. :mad:

Bunny
10-13-2010, 09:58 AM
The most annoying thing about flying is when you're sitting next to a really hot chick who isn't interested in baning you in the airplane bathroom.

Rodarian
10-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Well, I sat between BJ and our friend on that one, so I was probably bugging BJ by leaning on him to nap (though he didn't complain) and bugging our friend by making him let me out to pee every hour (he did complain, but that's, like, his thing).

So you're the passenger that bothers everyone else!! Just peachy! :mad:

kotora
10-13-2010, 11:02 AM
I hate air travel in itself. It hurts my ears and there's too little space for my legs which means I have to take one of the seats in the front and it pisses me off when they're already taken.

Rye
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
I hate customs and I hate the kind of people who are really short, yet push their seat wayyyy back, which squishes the legs of tall people, like Huxley. I want to slug them.

Rantz
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
So this thread is all about the annoying things associated with air travel!

The prices :(

Chris
10-13-2010, 02:17 PM
This thread reminded me of "Why Do the Wrong People Travel":

"What compulsion compels them and who the hell tells them? To drag their butts to Zanzibar, instead of staying quietly in Omaha?"

"What explains this mass mania to leave Pennsylvania, and clack around like flocks of geese, demanding dry martinis on the Isles of Greece."

:D

That being said, a flight from Denmark to the Philippines is roughly a 24-hour flight, which would kill most people, but I'm a champ when it comes to flying. Rudeness aside from wary personnel, I only awaken when meal time rolls around.

Rodarian
10-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Chris I bet you and I would be awesome travel buddies.... If I weren't tied to down to a job and low on travel funds....I'd meet you half way and visit with ya to your second native land! :D

Marshall Banana
10-13-2010, 02:58 PM
The flying part! It always makes me sick.

Shlup
10-13-2010, 10:41 PM
I hate customs and I hate the kind of people who are really short, yet push their seat wayyyy back, which squishes the legs of tall people, like Huxley. I want to slug them.

The customs people in Japan were so different than America! I dunno about Europe.

But they were so gentle and polite, asking nicely if they can please remove things from BJ's bag to inspect it and gingerly placing stuff on the counter. Fuck, I wanted to make out with the Japanese customs people.

blackmage_nuke
10-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Ive never been on a plane :(

Parker
10-14-2010, 12:03 AM
dude next to me had intermittent and obvious boners pretty regularly through a 12 hour flight......dude sat next to me stop getting boners please it is awkward when i have to get up and brush past you to use the bathroom.

my second flight i was sat next to this cute canadian girl tho who discussed books with me so that made up for it

Madame Adequate
10-14-2010, 12:11 AM
IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS

Nothing else compares. At all. I'm 6'3" so the seats are always too small, and on a huge-ass plane that does transatlantic flights there are inevitably going to be a couple of crying babies. I can handle all of that no problem. I can handle the customs people, they're usually pretty polite. If something goes wrong I can sort things out by rebooking flights or whatever quickly and easily, no problems there.

But smurfing immigration people. I swear to Christ you would think I walked in wearing this (http://images.regretsy.com/hat_cathywtc.jpg) and waving an Iranian flag, yelling "JIHAD JIHAD ALLAH AKBAR MY NAME OSAMA" with a light dust around my nostrils and an entire colony of feral badgers in my underwear, making my crotch writhe in an extraordinarily unsettling manner.

Jiro
10-14-2010, 05:18 AM
So this thread is all about the annoying things associated with air travel!

The prices :(

This. Storms also suck.

NorthernChaosGod
10-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Airline food, what's up with that?

Rodarian
10-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Airline food, what's up with that?

I never had problems with my airline meals....The only thing I don't eat on it is the bread....

I've never had problems with customs. *touch wood*

Peegee
10-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Not this past week but last year when I visited Rubahs, I took a bus because I was stupid (also because I was still supposed to be working, so I didn't want to pay more money than I needed to). At the border, the following things happened:

- a woman bringing flowers to a funeral was prevented from bringing said flowers cross border
- a woman acting 'funny' (even to me; she was turning around and stretching awkwardly and etc) was taken to the back room for (I presume) a cavity search
- the chinese guy who was using a travel visa or something was not allowed cross border bc he didn't know where he was staying, so he didn't come with us as we continued into USA
- outside of the car, drug dogs got mad at a car and the guy got arrested. Border patrol appears to be equipped with M16s.

Don't act stupid when you are in an airport or at the border.

Madame Adequate
10-14-2010, 09:41 PM
- a woman acting 'funny' (even to me; she was turning around and stretching awkwardly and etc) was taken to the back room for (I presume) a cavity search

Contrary to popular imagination, a cavity search is not the first resort of the border patrol :p You have to go through a long set of other things before they'll even THINK about resorting to that, and honestly if they're that suspicious they're more likely to just say "Nope" at some point before getting there than to even bother.