PDA

View Full Version : Create a Job!

Bastian
10-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Invent a job the likes of which Final Fantasy has never before seen!
Describe the skills that you would eventually learn with said job.

Will it be Prostitute? Lard-Ass Gamer? Plumber?

Loony BoB
10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Batman.

Jiro
10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
I like the concept of Maya Schroedinger from Wild ARMs 3. She gets different abilities based on comic books she reads. Batman could obviously be a comic to read.

Loony BoB
10-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Enemy Relations
Convinces enemies that it's not cool to attack the characters, and that they should hand over any items they have now and, if his skill is high enough, convince them to just kill themselves and get things over with. At an even higher level, can convince enemies to join the characters in overthrowing the big bad guys. Also gets low prices etc. In fact, everyone loves him and he can get anything he wants. It's amazing.

Kzar5678
10-14-2010, 02:55 AM
New class:
Chuck Norris
Always does 99999 damage and has roundhouse kick which automatically kills all enemies XD

Laddy
10-14-2010, 04:38 AM
Charlatan
Think Black Mage meets Thief.

Bastian
10-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Game Designer

Scrawny and weak against insects and bugs.

Delete: Can delete bits of enemies
Program: Can cause curative instances
Binary: Assembling a series of eight 0s and 1s can cause helpful or harmful outcomes.

Great Jobs so far!

ljkkjlcm9
10-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Evolver
Instead of killing enemies, they have the option to steal a piece of the enemy and make it a part of them. The more you use that part(and it's moves) the stronger it gets. Enemy parts can be combined, or discarded, but not equipped/unequipped. If you had a cool ability that you discarded or molded into something else, you have to get the initial part again. Essentially all enemies of a certain type (like all behemoths) give the same part, harder behemoths give a higher level of that part. The character clearly changes look when this is done.

THE JACKEL

VeloZer0
10-15-2010, 04:19 AM
Artist
A combination between Blue Mage and Geomancer. Take an enemy plus an environment and combine them into one drawing. The effect depends on the combination.

Plumber?
First thing I though of having a plumber was having a class that jumps on enemies. Which we already do. Now I want someone to ROM hack a FF Dragoon into a Mario title.

Bastian
10-15-2010, 04:27 AM
Artist
A combination between Blue Mage and Geomancer. Take an enemy plus an environment and combine them into one drawing. The effect depends on the combination.

Plumber?
First thing I though of having a plumber was having a class that jumps on enemies. Which we already do. Now I want someone to ROM hack a FF Dragoon into a Mario title.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that. It would be SO awesome to see Kain leaping up and lancing down on enemies in a simple rom hack of SMBW. When getting the fire flower he could toss his lance at them!

Loony BoB
10-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Evolver
Instead of killing enemies, they have the option to steal a piece of the enemy and make it a part of them. The more you use that part(and it's moves) the stronger it gets. Enemy parts can be combined, or discarded, but not equipped/unequipped. If you had a cool ability that you discarded or molded into something else, you have to get the initial part again. Essentially all enemies of a certain type (like all behemoths) give the same part, harder behemoths give a higher level of that part. The character clearly changes look when this is done.

THE JACKEL
I like this idea. It could actually work if done right. Like, have a class that wears enemy parts instead of actual gear. It could end up pretty gross, but hey!

Vermachtnis
10-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Overzealous High School English Teacher

!Essay - Makes enemies write an essay on their battle formation and the director made them have that formation.

!Essayra - Makes enemies write an essay on their motivations and the meaning of their design.

!Essayaga - Makes enemies write an essay on the deeper meaning of everything they come across and when their isn't any deeper meaning they have to tell why there isn't any deeper meaning coming to realize that every thing has a deeper meaning!

!Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory - Sends them to TVTropes to put up their findings.

Kzar5678
10-17-2010, 10:58 PM
History Teacher
Bores enemies literally to death by talking about the Neolithic Revolution all day long.

Nevermore
11-09-2010, 03:51 AM
Cannibal
Eat parts of people. Depending on what you devour, you may acquire a skill that belongs to that person's job, refill HP, or choke on an item and then get to keep it.

Stalker
Run around stalking everyone. You have enormous physical strength and you specialize in instant death attacks, however you're very slow, and you usually miss. Once you get an invisibility cloak off of Mount Germinas though, you're a killing machine.

Bar Tender
Like a Chemist, but with booze.

Saber
11-09-2010, 05:24 AM
I would just like to see complete differences in spells involving paladin and red mage. Its not cool three classes can cast cure.

Omni-Odin
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Sniper-like an archer, but much cooler (Irvine without the puss quality)

Biologist-like a red mage except for just Black magic and Alchemy combinations. I think this is a great idea.

General - call forces like a Summoner but call in air strikes or battalions to do your bidding.

sir helix
11-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Cavalier= uese shields, has defensive magic, heavy defender (sort of like an auron opposite)
necromancer= calls forth the souls of fallen monsters and certain bosses
arc-flyer- an angel like job, hovers above the field, immune to earth based attacks, has both sword and shield, wht magic, and can summon

Rocket Edge
12-19-2010, 09:38 PM
New class:
Chuck Norris
Always does 99999 damage and has roundhouse kick which automatically kills all enemies XD
ahaha

Electrician - Attacks with created machines that are made of spoils from enemies. The more difficult an item is to get, the better it's effects will be on the machine. Some parts will input status & elemental effects, plus other things. Can also turn off enemy machines quickly, instead of fighting them.