PDA

View Full Version : Stalkterwebs

Yar
10-14-2010, 05:03 AM
How often do you e-stalk people? Intentional or not.

Because you know one quick look at a picture on Facebook leads to the next 15 minutes of looking at pictures that you really have no business seeing.

Right now I'm stalking Rantzien! :ichigo::hello::hello::hello::hello:

Clo
10-14-2010, 05:05 AM
I don't usually e-stalk people. Sometimes if someone pisses me off I'll be inspired to find out about their life. Then I get bored. BECAUSE THEIR LIVES ARE BORING.

I have a few awesomely good childhood friends who live far away, and when I miss them I'll look through their pics.

Shorty
10-14-2010, 05:08 AM
Is it stalking if you're friends with them?

I think when I e-stalk, I do it on accident - aka, without thinking. Like you said, one picture turns into fifteen minutes spent ogling the rest of their albums.

edit: I'm gonna be the first to admit to (briefly) e-stalking boyfriends' exes.

Jessweeee♪
10-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Sometimes if I stumble upon an old classmate from elementary school I'll be like "huh I wonder how s/he turned out" and stalk for a bit.

Madonna
10-14-2010, 05:12 AM
Nothing beats having a dossier on anyone you encounter; consider it a real-live bestiary.

BoB had a fun game on Aiyon relating to this, short-lived as it was.

Rodarian
10-14-2010, 07:41 AM
I stalk EVERYONE :shifty:

Rantz
10-14-2010, 07:57 AM
:O!

I stalk both intentionally and un-ditto. I'm pretty creepy about it! I go to their Facebook wall and check out ALL their activity. For example, I now know that Yar's experience of a Japanese class is highly dependent on the presence of Mike Gillum in the class :monster:

Bastian
10-14-2010, 08:04 AM
All. The. Time.

But mainly only if I have or have had a crush on said individual.

Be afraid, Yar. Be very afraid.

Chris
10-14-2010, 12:22 PM
I've stopped stalking people.

Now, I just contact them directly if I'm interested in them, that way, things get done much faster.

Rye
10-14-2010, 01:05 PM
I e-stalk people who I find interesting!

escobert
10-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah if I see a picture that looks interesting on FB I may look at it and in turn look at a bunch of pictures from that person.

Loony BoB
10-14-2010, 04:46 PM
I am known to do this from time to time. Sometimes because I'm interested in them in one way or another, and other times because I don't know who they are and they've tried to contact me. Sometimes it's for EoFF staff reasons, like when we try to figure out a possible second account. Finally, there are the few and far between occasions where I try to trace down someone I used to know.

Is it stalking if you're friends with them?

I think when I e-stalk, I do it on accident - aka, without thinking. Like you said, one picture turns into fifteen minutes spent ogling the rest of their albums.
I do this all the time. I don't consider it major stalking. Just play-stalking.

edit: I'm gonna be the first to admit to (briefly) e-stalking boyfriends' exes.
Ahahaha, I think pretty much every ex I have has talked to at least half of the rest of my ex's at some point.

qwertysaur
10-14-2010, 05:08 PM
If I was to e-stalk someone it would be troublesome to have them know that I am. So I will say no to the topic, but keep in mind that it can be taken as the truth or a lie.

E-stalking also has the advantage of a lack of rustling bushes. :bigsmile:

Alive-Cat
10-14-2010, 05:11 PM
E-stalking has NOTHING on real stalking. It has not the adrenaline nor the anxiety.
E-stalking whilst suspended 30 foot over a busy road, however! That makes the cut. :love:

NorthernChaosGod
10-14-2010, 05:23 PM
If I was to e-stalk someone it would be troublesome to have them know that I am. So I will say no to the topic, but keep in mind that it can be taken as the truth or a lie.

E-stalking has NOTHING on real stalking. It has not the adrenaline nor the anxiety.
E-stalking whilst suspended 30 foot over a busy road, however! That makes the cut. :love:

You two need help.

Alive-Cat
10-14-2010, 05:26 PM
You two need help.

That's what you said last time, before you STALKED me. :chuckle:

NorthernChaosGod
10-14-2010, 05:28 PM
You can't prove it. :colbert:

Alive-Cat
10-14-2010, 05:36 PM
You can't prove it. :colbert:

OR CAN I!?!? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OULLiXkwVck) :cool:

Peegee
10-14-2010, 05:50 PM
This is why you set the fb privacy settings to probe all people who look at my profile before they even realize it's not the right percival galdan.

qwertysaur
10-14-2010, 07:17 PM

You two need help.
It's like a game, and I'm not going to cave in and use a strategy guide. :p

Shiny
10-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I occasionally use Facebook to browse through people's photo albums and their wall (if I care). I wouldn't really call that stalking though, but Facebook is basically Stalkerbook so I dunno.

Shlup
10-14-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't recall ever e-stalking anyone ever.

Peegee
10-14-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't recall ever e-stalking anyone ever.

When I visited California this one time, I was chilling in my hotel room when who 'happened' to call me but you.

Stalker.

Raistlin
10-14-2010, 10:45 PM
I e-stalked Shlup once a few years ago to get her mailing address. I did a full background check, looked up medical records (it's true, they're real), and hacked into her computer.

And by that I mean I asked her friend for it.

rubah
10-15-2010, 01:31 AM
We had a presentation to make this week, but no one was really sure who all was in our group.

Allie-hime: Okay, I know you are, Daws Boss, and I am, and that guy is... I know this other guy is because he approached me directly. Weren't there six of us?
Daws Boss: yeah, I think so. Let's ask the prof.

. . .

Springer-sensei: I have a list, but my office is a clustersmurf of paper shambles. You'll never see it again. The other names of possible people are Scott, John, Nathan, and maybe one of the italian guys.

. . .
Allie-hime: Okay, I know Scott isn't, I already asked him. WTF are John and Nathan?
Jeremy: I know Nathan, so I'll ask him.

Allie-hime: Hey, does anyone know who this John guy is?
Sara-sama: Well, he's kinda blond, with a big nose...
Allie-hime: ...That... That doesn't help ;_;
Jeremy: Okay... Let's see if we can facebook him.

Jeremy: man, none of these profiles seem to match that description.
Allie-hime: Are you guys sure you don't know who this guy is?
Mechanical Engineers: . . .

Anyways, presentation's tomorrow, and we never actually did hear back from John and Nathan, so I guess they aren't actually in our group or don't care. Not a big deal for us, but it would be for them!

fire_of_avalon
10-15-2010, 01:50 AM
You just don't even know. I've found PDFs of lease agreements. If it's in the public record I will find it.

It's pretty fucked up.

Freya
10-15-2010, 02:24 AM
I tend to e-stalk people my friends crush on. "Oh so-and-so is so cool! I really like them." *e-stalks* "Yeah they're cute! Did you know they like making puppet shows with a flashlight?"

OH WAIT I have a video for this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIiW0Trk3T0)

Mo-Nercy
10-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Pretty rarely, but when my hot friend from uni told me she had a hot younger sister, I did check it/her out =].

And also when a guy befriends my girlfriend on Facebook. :colbert:

Rodarian
10-15-2010, 11:36 AM
I e-stalk people who I find interesting!

Our affair must never be exposed Rye!! Oh wait....... D'OH!!

leader of mortals
10-15-2010, 11:51 AM
I have a few friends that are a little on the preppy side, and one of my favorite things to do is look at their pictures and laugh at how they all look the same.

Peegee
10-15-2010, 03:28 PM
We had a presentation to make this week, but no one was really sure who all was in our group.

Allie-hime: Okay, I know you are, Daws Boss, and I am, and that guy is... I know this other guy is because he approached me directly. Weren't there six of us?
Daws Boss: yeah, I think so. Let's ask the prof.

. . .

Springer-sensei: I have a list, but my office is a clustersmurf of paper shambles. You'll never see it again. The other names of possible people are Scott, John, Nathan, and maybe one of the italian guys.

. . .
Allie-hime: Okay, I know Scott isn't, I already asked him. WTF are John and Nathan?
Jeremy: I know Nathan, so I'll ask him.

Allie-hime: Hey, does anyone know who this John guy is?
Sara-sama: Well, he's kinda blond, with a big nose...
Allie-hime: ...That... That doesn't help ;_;
Jeremy: Okay... Let's see if we can facebook him.

Jeremy: man, none of these profiles seem to match that description.
Allie-hime: Are you guys sure you don't know who this guy is?
Mechanical Engineers: . . .

Anyways, presentation's tomorrow, and we never actually did hear back from John and Nathan, so I guess they aren't actually in our group or don't care. Not a big deal for us, but it would be for them!

Linguistics?