PDA

View Full Version : time stamp

Tarshish
10-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I looked everywhere and I can't find an answer to this, and honestly feel like I missing something huge. Why can't I see date and time stamps on posts? This bothers me. Am I missing something here?

Rantz
10-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Which style are you using?

Tarshish
10-16-2010, 12:59 AM
EoFF Classic

Rantz
10-16-2010, 01:32 AM
The date and time show up for me with the postbit above and beside the post. It's located just above the username.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/datetime.png

If that area is empty for you or has seemingly random numbers, check your Date & Time options (under Settings -> General Settings). Here, make sure that the dropdown menus for Date format and Time format respectively are set to a readable date - any of the first three should work. Also make sure that the text field under each one is empty. I don't remember exactly how it's set up (and this shouldn't really happen), but just to be safe, make sure they don't contain spaces or other whitespace, too.

Tarshish
10-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks, I'll mess with it. Yeah that area is blank to me. I am wondering if it's a Chrome issue. I'll try firefox to see if that works too.

Edit: Well got it working just switched it from the default to International, and the back and now it's fine. Very odd. Thanks a lot! Now I can sleep at night!

Rantz
10-16-2010, 06:27 PM
No problem! These things happen. I suspect, since you're an old member, that your settings in a past forum installation didn't get carried over properly in an upgrade, or something of the sort.