PDA

View Full Version : A word from Square-Enix...

Loony BoB
10-15-2010, 06:32 PM
FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=ce357898b8968d9c0b3327ff9a706ba97b218fec)
That's a free trial extension for people who have purchased/will purchase a character before October 25th!

FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=8b1c4590510a0639c4196f50a3ea129606cef4b5)
That's a talk about what they've updated this week, mostly surrounding retainers, bazaars, etc! Also, priority loading is being given to certain NPC's (this is probably my biggest gripe overall, so I'm happy with that).

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=33be5935a0fc4018e52c4837d0d19898de3263f8
That's a Q&A on the User Interface!

FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=246d20e1a81fe6b6854f61d7bf0187bd24c462ad)
That's a long message from FFXIV director Nobuaki Komoto!

Detailing future updates which will include the following...
- Inventory Sorting
- In-game location-based server optimisations to help remove lag
- Improved enemy distribution
- Market ward search functions
- Multiple retainers (finally...)
- Better party balancing
- Improved Targeting
- Notorious Monsters (both in open areas and as part of faction leves)
- Seasonal events
- UI improvements, which going by the UI Q&A, will include...
- The ability to move the map via mouse (click and drag).
- Player co-ordinates will display on the map (and for journal maps).
- <</>pos> will be introduced (yay!)
- Area name will be added to journal maps
- Journal map feature will be added to main map
- Log window will no longer be hidden when viewing maps
- New chat tabs
- The ability to open multiple chat windows
- Ctrl+R will work for replying to a /tell (this already works, but at the moment doesn't work unless you've already /tell'ed them recently, which is kind of weird and annoying)
- Ability to change chat mode using menu functions instead of just /chatmode
- Ability to use Home/End keys when chatting
- Option to adjust font colour for various chatmodes
- Loot list icon will be added, and a Loot List option added to the main menu (personally I liked it how it is now, but oh well)
- Change of several menu layouts
- Completed quests will appear in journals
- Adjustements to target cycle priority
- Targeted party members will have a 'mark' that will appear next to the characters name in the party member list
- Players will be able to target party members using the party member list
- New functions to be added to keyboard including ability to target nearest NPC

And I haven't read the rest yet. xD So yeah, read it for yourself, it's all in those links.

EDIT: Okay, read the rest, here are the additionals...
- More leves, including more faction leves which lead you to Notorious Monsters
- The ability to abandon local levequests
- The ability to adjust levequest difficulty after accepting them
- Increased number of enemies
- Increased number of servers (already in effect, possibly?)
- Introduction of powerful enemies more suited to parties than soloing
- Decrease of anima cost for Returning
- Three user-defined 'Favourite' aetherytes will allow for half-cost of anima.
- A sort of recipe book system for crafters that includes 'one-button' to select a recipe and instantly selects the appropriate ingredients.

And that's that!

Awrini
10-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Very nice. =p I like it.

Ouch!
10-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Well that was certainly unexpected.

Del Murder
10-16-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm glad they are getting off their butts and fixing stuff.

Depression Moon
10-16-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm glad they are getting off their butts and fixing stuff.

:cheers:

Rostum
10-16-2010, 04:11 AM
Perhaps I'll be reactivating sooner than later. ;)

Aethalas
10-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I was expecting a trial extension but definitely not an extra month, so that's quite a nice surprise. It was obvious they were going to change a lot about the game, since it's pretty dire at the minute. But a good response to the criticism, nonetheless!

ljkkjlcm9
10-19-2010, 01:07 AM
sounds like they should have just had a longer open beta!
Certainly welcome changes, makes me more likely to buy this game in the future (PS3 launch time, when more of my friends are likely to get it)

THE JACKEL

Loony BoB
11-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Another update with more specific details about what we'll be getting and when.

FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=9a18c549d68b08a4e6f2d162f5bd4263ed466626)

Not much that appeals to me content-wise, I have to concede, but I'll probably be playing it throughout anyway because I enjoy the core mechanics. As soon as I can find a bunch of people I get alone with, this game will be more than addictive for me. =x Pity most EoFFers have given up or simply don't play when I'm around that often.

Interesting to see that there will be company-owned buildings for headquarters, possibly replacing the individual homes of FFXI. Alongside that will be company-owned ships which allow for access to multiplayer content. Interesting indeed.

Lionx
11-11-2010, 06:03 PM
It just left a bad mark to many players upon launch is all. Most, including me, kinda already moved on...but i will look back later. I did spend 70 bucks on the thing...

That company building thing and ships are pretty cool i will admit. Will have to see how that pans out and how accessible it is.

Ouch!
11-11-2010, 06:08 PM
It appears to me that with everything they're planning to add by the first 2011 content update (presumably March unless they push for one before then), by the time the PS3 launch roles around, FFXIV may be in the position to experience something of a resurgence. It will be interesting to see what happens. I should be playing by Christmas; I'm cautiously optimistic.

Del Murder
11-11-2010, 06:37 PM
The PS3 release in March will definitely be an opportunity for SE to create a resurgence in this game. Hopefully they will rise to the occasion.