PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any superpower ...

ihateart
10-16-2010, 02:12 PM
If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?

Rebellious Eagle
10-16-2010, 02:25 PM
The power to be invisible. Oh, the things I could do if I were invisible. >:P

Rantz
10-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Instantaneous teleportation is definitely the superior superpower!

Clo
10-16-2010, 03:01 PM
I want the power to never need sleep.

Rodarian
10-16-2010, 03:30 PM
To fly...It'll save a ton of gas money and travel tickets!!! :cool:

Inferno
10-16-2010, 03:34 PM

All other answers are wrong

fire_of_avalon
10-16-2010, 03:36 PM
You are like a sister to my soul. This. This times one thousand.

Vermachtnis
10-16-2010, 04:13 PM
ZA WARUDO! The ability to stop time would be awesome. I love messing with people. Also for more practical reasons I could study and get work done and spend my time on something good like video games.

Laddy
10-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Mesmerism.

Alive-Cat
10-16-2010, 05:28 PM
I want the power to always be drunk.

NorthernChaosGod
10-16-2010, 08:22 PM
The Force!

"No officer, I wasn't speeding." *handwave*

*force lightning* :mwahaha:

Clo
10-16-2010, 08:42 PM
You are like a sister to my soul. This. This times one thousand.
Think of all the stuff we could do, and how we would never be tired. Beautiful.

I want the power to always be drunk.
Fun times, without the hangover!

Raistlin
10-16-2010, 09:50 PM
If I didn't need to sleep, so many things would be better...

Mind control would be awesome for a while, but I think it would be boring eventually. Although just mind-reading could be pretty damn cool.

Madame Adequate
10-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Either mind control or mimicry. Sure, flight or superspeed or something would be great, but compared to the power attainable through either of my preferences, they are insignificant.

Chris
10-16-2010, 10:34 PM
The power to animate objects. Seriously, that would be fantastic. Also, the power to control people/beings through touch, like that chick in X-Men Origins. :D

blackmage_nuke
10-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Extreme Luck

Bunny
10-16-2010, 11:17 PM

This is probably the best answer.

Psychotic
10-17-2010, 12:59 AM
The power to make all of you guys lose your powers.

Yeah I'm a dick.

TyphoonThaReapa
10-17-2010, 01:55 AM
The power to make all of you guys lose your powers.

Yeah I'm a dick.

The power to make walruses go extinct and erased from existence...

Bitch

Edit: I want the power to have a Death Note with any book and any pen. I'll be your new god bitches...

Shorty
10-17-2010, 04:52 AM
Time control~

escobert
10-17-2010, 04:56 AM
Invisibility would be awesome

NorthernChaosGod
10-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Time control~

But what if you stop time and then you get stuck? :onoes:

Alive-Cat
10-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Drunk-Man will thrash all of you. :)

Laddy
10-17-2010, 06:05 PM
He's most alive when he's drunk!

:colbert:

Rocket Edge
10-17-2010, 06:07 PM

This is probably the best answer.

Depression Moon
10-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I agree that instant teleportation is one of the superior ones, but I would have to know how it would work. Would it function like Nightcrawler's who teleports to a dimension then his destination and would be limited by the range of which he can teleport which looks to be normally limited to a 3 mile range? Would their be a chance I could die from teleporting to a spot I already know, but it may be occupied at the time.

Let's say I wanted to teleport back on the porch where my first home used to be, but it just so happens at the time that someone was standing in that exact same spot or a bulldozer was there. If I teleport there would I die from trying to materialize in an occupied space or would my body sense it and it would automatically teleport me to an unoccupied space? There's also stealth to consider. Would I have this power in the world as it currently is? If so it would be wise to have a power that could easily be disguise. If my teleport makes a loud popping noise, give off a visual spark, or gives off traceable energy then I risk myself of being exposed every time I use it and I would have to think carefully where I teleport.

Phasing would be a power that could be easily disguised though, but I think it would be a highly dangerous one. If the power activates and stays on by concentration then at certain moments due to being unfocused for a fraction of a second it could kill you. For example you're trying to get past a locked door. You phase your arm through the door so you can reach the lock from the other side. In order to even touch the lock though you have to solidify your hand. While you're trying to do this the smoke alarm goes off throwing off your concentration and half of your arm is cut off since you lost your concentration and ended up canceling your powers.

I think the most useful, easiest to conceal, and least dangerous one would be divine regeneration.

NorthernChaosGod
10-17-2010, 08:45 PM
I agree that instant teleportation is one of the superior ones, but I would have to know how it would work. Would it function like Nightcrawler's who teleports to a dimension then his destination and would be limited by the range of which he can teleport which looks to be normally limited to a 3 mile range? Would their be a chance I could die from teleporting to a spot I already know, but it may be occupied at the time.

Let's say I wanted to teleport back on the porch where my first home used to be, but it just so happens at the time that someone was standing in that exact same spot or a bulldozer was there. If I teleport there would I die from trying to materialize in an occupied space or would my body since it and it automatically teleport me to an unoccupied space? There's also stealth to consider. Would I have this power in the world as it currently is? If so it would be wise to have a power that could easily be disguise. If my teleport makes a loud popping noise, give off a visual spark, or gives off traceable energy then I risk myself of being exposed everytime I use it and I would have to think carefully where I teleport.

Phasing would be a power that could be easily disguised though I think it would be a highly dangerous one. If the power activates and stays on by concentration then at certain moments do to being unfocused for a fraction of a second could kill you. EX: You're trying to get past a locked door. You phase your arm through the door so you can reach the lock from the other side. In order to even touch the lock though you have to solidify your hand. While you're trying to do this the smoke alarm goes off throwing off your concentration and half of your arm is cut off since you lost your concentration and ended up canceling your powers.

I think the most useful, easiest to conceal, and least dangerous one would be divine regeneration.
You're far too involved for this thread.

kotora
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
The power of Heart

Shorty
10-18-2010, 05:38 AM

I won't get stuck. I control time.

G13
10-18-2010, 05:45 AM
Time control~

To control time is to be time itself... or some :bou::bou::bou::bou:. :monster:

I would want the power to shoot $100 bills out of my nose. Never without cash. I would be called Automatic Teller Man.

Shorty
10-18-2010, 05:59 AM
So really, you want the power to sneeze on command.

G13
10-18-2010, 06:04 AM
If I'm sneezing money then I'm solid.

NorthernChaosGod
10-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Sneeze me up some money for med school, holmes.

Agent Proto
10-18-2010, 07:06 AM
To eat whatever the smurf I want! I'm mostly useless, but my powers will definitely come in handy one of these days. Let's say that I'm trapped behind a locked door. No problem! I'll just eat my way out through the door! NOM NOM NOM

blackmage_nuke
10-18-2010, 07:17 AM
To eat whatever the smurf I want! I'm mostly useless, but my powers will definitely come in handy one of these days. Let's say that I'm trapped behind a locked door. No problem! I'll just eat my way out through the door! NOM NOM NOM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090919130246/fma/images/thumb/6/6a/Gluttony_is_hungry.jpg/320px-Gluttony_is_hungry.jpg

Rodarian
10-18-2010, 08:11 AM
I rescind my flying powers....Instead my new power is to control all matter....

Bitches ur world will end as u know it.... :evil:

Loony BoB
10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm with the bulk of the people here, definitely teleportation. The benefits of such a thing would be immense, and I seriously want this. I mean, sure, I know I can't get it, but damn, I want so much! The things I could do... no more travel costs, for a start, and I could get immense money by either legal (courier/messenger service!) or illegal (banking!) means if the need arised. Ideally, the possibility of teleporting into a wall or mountain would not work if teleportation was perfected. You would 'sense' where you are going before you get there, and thus it would not be an instant process, allowing you to effectively 'reverse' if you get the impression that, you know, you're going to die instantly at the other end.

But yeah. The main benefit for me would be the ability to meet anyone I wanted whenever I wanted. The travel/money/whatever would be great, but to simply teleport to the door of any one of your houses and knock - I'm not so rude as to simply appear in your house uninvited, after all - would be ideal.

Madonna
10-18-2010, 02:32 PM
If I'm sneezing money then I'm solid.There has to be better way to do money shots.