PDA

View Full Version : They're Always After Me Lucky Charms!

Alive-Cat
10-17-2010, 09:08 PM
LUCK. Some people got it, some people don't got it. Some people think they can get it, some people like McFly.
Have you ever found a four leafed clover? I've fabricated many a clover in my time but to be honest I've never found a real one. Never. Not once. Do they even exist? Do you believe this scrawny little weed can bring you luck?
On the other side of the coin; do you believe in bad luck? R U LIEK SUP4R SUPERSTITIOUS. Black cats and voodoo dolls!? ;)
What about walking over 2 drains and all that, or whatever number of drains is bad. (I don't walk over any drains myself, not because of superstition, just because I have an insane fear that if I walk over any ground that's not ground I will fall through.)
So what's your good luck charm? Do you have one? I like to start the day with my red Kit Kat mug, I feel like if I have my morning coffee in that mug, the day will be good. I used to wear these necklace thingys, but I lost them. I have lucky underwear.
You know those socks that say the day of the week on them? I'll never wear the wrong day of the week if the day on the sock is earlier in the week than the actual date - I get scared wearing it will jinx life and turn back time to the start of the week and I'll have to do it all over again. Whereas if it's the start of the week, I don't mind wearing socks with a later day on them because I don't care if time gets pulled forward, heck, that would be beneficial.
What do you think about luck?

Shorty
10-17-2010, 09:40 PM
I didn't get tagged with luck, I got tagged with Murphy's Law.

I used to have a pink dyed rabbit foot that I considered lucky, and then one day I just found it obscene and threw it away.

Fujiko
10-17-2010, 09:49 PM
There is no such thing as luck; I don't believe in it.

Alive-Cat
10-17-2010, 09:52 PM
There is no such thing as luck; I don't believe in it.

I knew a man like that, except with him it was eating shrimp. His name was Psychotic.

escobert
10-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Better to have bad luck than no luck at all!

Bastian
10-17-2010, 11:13 PM
At my friends' old place I found FOUR four leaved clovers. They had been dating for a long time and had just recently broken up. I gave them each a clover, and now they're happily dating other people...

fire_of_avalon
10-17-2010, 11:20 PM
As the recipient of mostly bad luck I have to disagree with you Bertiebutt.

Sometimes weird stuff happens to me and I want to attribute it to luck, both good and bad. Usually the only "good luck" I have is really oddball stuff. With bad luck, it will always be something important and it will always stress me out.

I have never personally found a four-leaf clover. My ex found one for me, though, one day. He said you just had to look hard in any patch of clover. I didn't believe him so he went to this scrawny patchy place in front of this apartment building and came back with a perfect four-leaf clover. I was shocked.

Iceglow
10-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Luck is undeniably real, it is murphy's law it's the time you should've killed yourself by touching the wrong object and yet somehow escaped with minor or no injury. It's the times when things don't add up the way they work out good or bad.

I'm often considered a lucky person however personally, I'm lucky at times and in some regards sure but at other times I am as unlucky as can be. I believe for everything you do where your luck is good there will be something where your luck will go bad in. It's not karma and it doesn't have to balance out but when you get lucky you will get unlucky in something somewhere. Generally however when I look back I like to think that my luck overall plays out on the positive side more.

NorthernChaosGod
10-18-2010, 01:18 AM
I get lucky. :jokey:

fire_of_avalon
10-18-2010, 01:30 AM
If you're gettin' lucky with my mother, sweetheart, then you've got diseases they haven't even named yet.

NorthernChaosGod
10-18-2010, 01:36 AM
It's not your mom, it's Eric's.

Clo
10-18-2010, 02:44 AM
I like Lucky Charms, except I become sad when there's no more marshmallows left.

This is... this is what the topic is about right? :jess:

Alive-Cat
10-18-2010, 08:49 AM
The topic is about whatever you want it to be about; your wildest dreams, your ambitions, marshmallows roasting on an open fire. Pterodactyls. :greenie:

Rodarian
10-18-2010, 09:04 AM
I believe in luck.....That's given by GOD.....

Alive-Cat
10-18-2010, 10:08 AM
I believe in luck that's given by: dragons

Chris
10-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm not sure if I believe in "luck". My life's been mostly about coincidences, which is fine by me. I'm not really a planner, and most of the time, I prefer things to just happen.

Clo
10-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I believe in luck that's given by: dragons

I believe in luck that's been given by Gods who ride on dragons.

On a realistic note, whenever I am feeling lucky I try to sustain the feeling by buying myself a pastry or a big ol' fancy coffee to celebrate my luck.

Raistlin
10-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Luck is nonexistent and is just a psychological effect of our desire to see patterns in things. See pareidolia (http://stuffthatlookslikejesus.com/).

That being said, I have terrible luck. :(

Bunny
10-18-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't have any luck; I design things to work out exactly as I want them to and be beneficial for me and detrimental to the rest of your lazy fuckers.

Alive-Cat
10-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't have any luck; I design things to work out exactly as I want them to and be beneficial for me and detrimental to the rest of your lazy smurfers.

But that could potentially harm somebody! :onoes:

Peegee
10-18-2010, 06:29 PM
lol alive man asl op ^_^

cuz liek thsi one time i was liek lol lucky charms so I kept a marshmellow in my toe for a month but it started to rot you know cuZ like there wasn't enoughs ugar and too much protein for your bicepts

lol

so liike what do you think we need to do about this issue? i thinkw e shoul d make it a law that people who are unlucky are not allowed to be alive lol that would fix it so that you are alive and i'm not T____________________T

Alive-Cat
10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
The thought of you not being alive, Peegee, is what tears my soul apart and spits out the pieces!!! :whimper: Look it's ok, I'm Alive-Man; I have the uncanny ability to grant life. If you ever start to not be alive, I will make you alive. You will become Alive-Peegee. You will father a family of smaller Alive-Peegees. I will visit you every day. I will be known as 'Uncle' Alive-Man. I promise not to touch the small Alive-Peegees. I will only touch you. If that's ok. Not in a gay way. Just on the shoulder, possibly back. :D

Peegee
10-18-2010, 06:54 PM
The thought of you not being alive, Peegee, is what tears my soul apart and spits out the pieces!!! :whimper: Look it's ok, I'm Alive-Man; I have the uncanny ability to grant life. If you ever start to not be alive, I will make you alive. You will become Alive-Peegee. You will father a family of smaller Alive-Peegees. I will visit you every day. I will be known as 'Uncle' Alive-Man. I promise not to touch the small Alive-Peegees. I will only touch you. If that's ok. Not in a gay way. Just on the shoulder, possibly back. :D

STOP RESSIGN ME I DON'T LIKE BEING ALIVE OMG ASL

blackmage_nuke
10-18-2010, 11:54 PM
I certainly didnt get an easy life with my disasterous skills so I can only assume it was luck.

Shlup
10-19-2010, 08:18 PM
I have no luck. Raffles and :bou::bou::bou::bou:? Never win 'em.

Shiny
10-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Luck seems to have a lot to do with coincidence and karma. Do good on to others and good comes to you for the most part -- well at least this month that's how it's been for me. *knocks on non-existent wood*

Clo
10-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Once, I won tickets to a John Mayer concert.

Am I lucky? Y/N?

NorthernChaosGod
10-20-2010, 03:03 AM
N