PDA

View Full Version : Abstergo is Google

Jessweeee♪
10-18-2010, 03:22 AM
So who is excited for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood?! I thought it was just going to be a continuation of Ezio's story, but the whole plot is going forward it turns out.

Also you get to play as Abstergo in multiplayer?!

EDIT:

Please mark spoilers with the spoiler tag!

Skyblade
10-18-2010, 03:52 AM
You don't have a non-Animus persona in Multiplayer, from what I understand. So you might be playing as someone from Abstergo, but there is no way to know.

And it is a continuation of Ezio's story, but not through his eyes. He rebuilds the order of Assassins, and the story is told through his students.

Jessweeee♪
10-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll just be like "okay you get to be on Team 2 pick what kinda Templar you wanna be!" as far as being Abstergo in multiplayer goes xD

DMKA
10-18-2010, 04:31 AM
I can't wait for Brotherhood. I thought the first Assassin's Creed was blah but I freaking LOVED 2! It was hands down one of my favorite games this gen.

I just finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow so I'm going to have to find something else to play for the next 30 days. Bah!

Freya
10-18-2010, 10:09 PM
I went and bought a new xbox today pretty much just for Brotherhood (and fable 3 of course too ^_^). I'm so freaking excited about brotherhood. I'ma lay some smack down!

Bolivar
10-18-2010, 10:18 PM
I got around to AC2 a few months after it came out and really fell in love with it. I liked the first one, but for obvious reasons the second one was much better. I thought it had one of the best endings ever in a video game, that kinda freaks you out a little with the kind of things they can do in this medium.

Unfortunately I think I'll wait again when it comes to Brotherhood. 1 Year just seems too soon to release it unless they purposefully cut off the non-Vatican parts of Rome from AC2 to have two big games in two years. So let me know how it turns out!

Madame Adequate
10-18-2010, 10:34 PM
The promise of more Leonardo and Ezio bromance is enough for me to want this all by itself.

Also, the multiplayer sounds very interesting. It should hopefully be a lot more involved and tense than simple deathmatch is.

Quindiana Jones
10-18-2010, 11:06 PM
It is set through Ezio's eyes, as well as Desmond's. The Brotherhood aspect simply involves recruiting, training, customising and utilising new members. All from Ezio's perspective. Apparently there's going to be some more hewt Desmond action, which I'm looking forward to.

My initial doubts were along the same lines as Bolivar's. One year seems too short to make a new game. It seemed to me that it was essentially going to be a little add-on with multiplayer, but it's actually turning out to be pretty amazing. The developers are keen to emphasise the importance of the singleplayer campaign, and I'm hoping they're not just bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:ting us. I'll probably take this one home before I buy it, though, just in case.

Jessweeee♪
10-19-2010, 03:39 AM
Game Informer had a pretty neat thing about it in the latest issue.

The present-day Assassins are setting up base in the Monteriggioni Villa (but of course it's all old and stuff) and you have to sneak into it as Desmond!

DMKA
10-19-2010, 04:48 AM
It is set through Ezio's eyes, as well as Desmond's. The Brotherhood aspect simply involves recruiting, training, customising and utilising new members. All from Ezio's perspective. Apparently there's going to be some more hewt Desmond action, which I'm looking forward to.

My initial doubts were along the same lines as Bolivar's. One year seems too short to make a new game. It seemed to me that it was essentially going to be a little add-on with multiplayer, but it's actually turning out to be pretty amazing. The developers are keen to emphasise the importance of the singleplayer campaign, and I'm hoping they're not just bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:ting us. I'll probably take this one home before I buy it, though, just in case.

Yeah when I first heard about it I thought that it was going to be more of an expansion pack than an entirely new entry in the series. I'm pretty excited about it.

I like that Ezio still has his beard from the end of ACII, and that it has the same scar through it that Desmond has. x]

G13
10-19-2010, 05:25 AM
I am so stoked for this! I'm a huge AC fan. :hyper:

Anyone hear about the comic miniseries coming out right before the game?

Jiro
10-24-2010, 12:13 PM
I watched a gameplay demo and almost creamed myself. Assassins fell from the sky. And then something about customising them and I was sold.

Roto13
10-26-2010, 03:48 AM
Fun fact: The Brotherhood multiplayer mode is what got me into Assassin's Creed. I played it at E3 and was really impressed with it. Then some lady with a microphone and a camera ambushed me and told me to go play AC 2. So I bought AC 1 because I hate skipping games and liked it. Then earlier this month I bought number 2 and REALLY liked it. I will probably wait on Brotherhood, though. I'm kind of burnt out on Assassin's Creed for a while.

G13
10-26-2010, 03:57 AM
Burnt out on AC!? :eek: I don't think I could ever be.

Freya
11-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Oh gawd i'm so excited. I just learned that I have to work tomorrow so I wont be able to play it right away. :( BUT STILL! I have it preordered and if I wanted to I could go get it tonight but I don't wanna go stand in line with a bunch of guys who eye me (because that has been happening a lot at my gamestop lately, creepers) Game informer gave it a 9.25/10 so it's gonna be good! (I hope)

I've been playing the facebook game, legacy. IT MIGHT tie in and I hear you can unlock things from that on the actual game, so i'm interested in wtf they mean by that. Anyone else tried that?

Psychotic
11-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Altair, it seems my students do not understand what it is to wield a blade. Perhaps you could show them what you know.

Carl the Llama
11-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I had originally planned to have the day off so I could get into this but I got a nice 12 hour shift tomorrow followed by a 13.5 hour shift on Wednesday so have to wait till Thursday to play it :/

Jessweeee♪
11-16-2010, 07:50 AM
I am still broke. I'll probably have to make a new thread six months from now to talk about the game.

Roto13
11-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Apparently there's a new Assassin's Creed planned for next year. Which means I'm never getting my sequel to Prince of Persia '08.

DMKA
11-17-2010, 04:49 AM
Got it today and played it for about four hours. It's great.

Haven't tried out the multiplayer yet, mainly because I got so engrossed in the story.

Freya
11-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah I haven't tried multiplayer yet either. The story is awesome. In fact, 'ma go back to playing it now xD

Ramza Beoulve
11-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Apparently there's a new Assassin's Creed planned for next year. Which means I'm never getting my sequel to Prince of Persia '08.

Well, with them launching the PS2 Prince of Persia games on PSN, that's quite possible.

Freya
11-21-2010, 11:31 AM
HOLY MOLY! I just got all the subject 16 stuff and beat the game and I just don't know what to think now. o.o They have to get the 3rd out soon. I haven't even tried multiplayer yet and I think this game was worth it's money.

DMKA
11-22-2010, 04:15 AM
HOLY MOLY! I just got all the subject 16 stuff and beat the game and I just don't know what to think now. o.o They have to get the 3rd out soon. I haven't even tried multiplayer yet and I think this game was worth it's money.

I think I'm still pretty early on. I've been busy renovating Rome and helping out the brothel mistresses. :p

Skyblade
11-23-2010, 04:38 PM

I think I'm still pretty early on. I've been busy renovating Rome and helping out the brothel mistresses. :p

"Helping out"? Is that what they call it these days.

Unable to afford this due to medical expenses, but it is on my Christmas list.

Shiny
11-27-2010, 04:10 AM
While playing this game I accidentally stumbled across some type of cathedral where you could go inside. Needless to say my mouth was open for a good ten seconds. Breathtakingly beautiful scenery! And the storyline seems more developed than the previous two. The side story with Desmond and Kristen Bell was cute -- though I hope to see less Desmond and more Rome. Still excited to progress and find out what happens. I haven't played online yet either, but I look forward to that as well.

G13
01-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Didn't want to start a new thread.

Played it for the first time last night and holy crap it is awesome! I've got over half the Subject 16 glyphs and most of the map discovered. Rome is massive and so incredibly beautiful, and only getting more so as I upgrade the place! The story is really interesting, not that I expected any differently. I find myself already excited for the 3rd and I haven't even beat it yet.

Madonna
01-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh yeah, I got this. The story is pretty fun, you get to rebuild Rome, Arrow Storms are your friend, and I have been playing Project Legacy to get more uPoints or whatever. So it is rewarding and fun to play by yourself.

Screw all of the above noise; multiplayer is where it is at. I want to say it is flipping awesome but here is my explanation of how it works out: you walk around pretending to be an AI and stab people who you think are not AI. The level of accuracy of this summary varies depending on how lame your competition or teammates are, but it generally holds true. Oh, do you know what else you do? Stand around in a group, pretty much idling. Is this fun? Yes.

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Ahhh I still don't have this game ;_;

kotora
01-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Well you better not get all that hyped up. They changed almost nothing from the AC2 gameplay which means that you'll still be doing a lot of the repetitive stuff.

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2011, 09:40 PM
If I could play the first Assassin's Creed and think it was awesome, I think I'll be safe. Now that was a repetitive game.

kotora
01-14-2011, 09:45 PM
lol yeah it sure was. Just keep in min that Brotherhood doesn't bring a lot of improvement compared to how much AC2 improved the original gameplay. Also the story is much more interesting and has a better ending in AC2

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2011, 09:49 PM
I liked it, but AC2's ending was completely bat:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Jesus was aliens!

kotora
01-14-2011, 10:56 PM
makes more sense than him being an actual human don't you think