PDA

View Full Version : Bad Hair Days

Laddy
10-19-2010, 01:44 PM
I recently got the worst haircut in my entire life.

You see, I had some really beautiful light brown wavy, curly hair that I was really proud of, so I was upset when I had to cut it for a play. I told my hairdresser that I wanted it just off the shoulder. Well, I got it a lot off the shoulder. In fact, my hair looks like Shirley Temple's. So I took advantage of the bad American education system and I am staying home until I can get it cut better.

What is the worst hairstyle you have had thus far?

kotora
10-19-2010, 01:50 PM
there was a time when I didn't cut my hair for like 2 years. I looked like some retarded 70s rock star.

Alive-Cat
10-19-2010, 01:51 PM
OH I'VE HAD SOME BAD'ERNS.
Once I had some massive black spikey hair with emo fringe. Oh, to be 14. Wait I'm not even 12.

Rodarian
10-19-2010, 04:30 PM
You should see my high school graduation photo...That haircut should never have existed....

black orb
10-19-2010, 04:34 PM
What is the worst hairstyle you have had thus far?
>>> Bald..:luca:

~*~Celes~*~
10-19-2010, 04:36 PM
sex hair :aimblush:

or back in the day when I used to get my hair cut in a bob. It looked great when I was a kid, it was adorable. But when I got it again when I was in middle school, it looked terrible.

Now my hair's so long that it reaches the top of my butt if i tilt my head back :D

Clo
10-19-2010, 04:40 PM
The process of growing out my boy-short hair led to some not so hot haircuts just to get the layers grown out. Egh. It was only for a few months though.

NorthernChaosGod
10-19-2010, 05:20 PM
I once had bleached spikes back in middle school. :|

Bunny
10-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Back in middle school, I went to the haircut lady and she must have been drunk or high or some combination of the two, because she cut one side noticeably short than the other side and it was incredibly uneven and looked absolutely horrible.

Shlup
10-19-2010, 08:12 PM
I kind of had mushroom-head in high school. I also cut my own bangs in middle school, but I think they looked okay.

Shiny
10-19-2010, 09:13 PM
My mom took me to a woman who couldn't speak English. She ended up cutting my hair in a super short bob and then giving me crooked bangs. Took forever for my bangs to grow out straight.

Seraphic
10-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I for some reason thought I could even out the back of my head with clippers with no attachments and no mirror to see what I was doing.
Needless to say after I was done and I looked at my handiwork I almost vomited.
It looked like a raccoon mauled the back of my head.
Eventually I had the entire back shaven off while everything else stayed.
Two bad haircuts in one,yay~

Shorty
10-20-2010, 02:16 AM
I have a wonderful story for this.

When I was thirteen, I had gorgeous long red hair. I wanted highlights for my birthday, so my mom took me to an academy (bad idea). The chick asked me if I wanted a trim, so I agreed. She started cutting. And cutting. And cutting some more. And eventually lopped off about seven inches of my beautiful hair. She didn't even layer it - it was one length, all across.

Then came the highlights. The mild blonde and red highlights I picked out were apparently not a good enough choice for her. She replaced them with nearly white blonde and super dark brown - nearly black - highlights instead.

In the end, I looked like a zebra. My mom was horrified. She took me home and fixed the cut and gave me a super cute bob. But I still looked like a fucking zebra.

Seven inches of my hair gone, for no reason. :(

NorthernChaosGod
10-20-2010, 03:08 AM
That sounds awful. D:

fire_of_avalon
10-20-2010, 06:14 AM
My story won't top Shawty's, but it drove me away from hairstylists for over 10 years.

When I was 8 my Mema took me to get my hair cut. It was long and curly and I wanted just a few inches taken off. The stylist looked at my Mema over my head, and Mema shook her's, pointed at her own hair and nodded.

30 minutes later I had a granny mullet and I cried. I cried and I yelled at the lady and my Mema and I didn't have a professional haircut again until I was 19 years old.

kotora
10-20-2010, 07:45 AM
how can you not like having a mullet?

Jiro
10-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Some might say my hair now is bad because I used to have blond hair to my ass. Now I have near black school boy hair.

Rye
10-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Oh my god.

My worst haircut was when I was 15. I had long pretty hair and a nice long sidefringe. At this time, it was still before I was able to get a job, so I had to go to the cheapest trashiest Lemon Tree hair cutters because that's where my Mom goes for some unfathomable reason. I all asked for was a trim on my bangs and to two inches from the length of my hair.

Instead, this random guy at the salon who I find out later didn't even WORK THERE(!!!!!), gave me crooked blunt bangs, and chopped my length short. The guy was a real asshole too. I got really nervous halfway through the haircut because I had a feeling he wasn't professional, so I kept looking over at my momma like "HELP ME!!" and he kept jerking my hair away really hard. If I was my age now, I'd have slugged him for that, but I was still fairly shy and soft mannered then.

I absolutely freaked out. I think this was up there with one of my worst tantrums of all time. I guess good things happen from bad though, because it taught me a valuable lesson in life: quality costs money. You can't go to a place for a $15 dollar haircut and expect it to come out nicely. Now I go to a really posh professional salon (which doesn't even cost that much because I get a student discount!), while my Mom is still going to the same ghetto ass place and complains every time after that her bangs come out crooked.

Clo
10-20-2010, 08:08 PM
You can't go to a place for a $15 dollar haircut and expect it to come out nicely.

What?! I pay like 12 for my hair cuts at a nice salon in a small town because the woman is used to me and adores me.

Shiny
10-21-2010, 12:47 AM
30 minutes later I had a granny mullet and I cried.

hahahhaaha

I mean that sucks tho. :(

You can't go to a place for a $15 dollar haircut and expect it to come out nicely.

What?! I pay like 12 for my hair cuts at a nice salon in a small town because the woman is used to me and adores me.
Yeah, I've went to inexpensive places before. It all depends on who's doing the hair -- not the money because even some really expensive places have hair stylists that are unqualified or don't listen to what you want.

fire_of_avalon
10-21-2010, 12:55 AM
The lady who cuts my hair now charges me 13 for a cut and 18 for a cut & style (which I never get.) Actually it's been almost a year since I've had a proper cut. I've trimmed it a little bit though.

Rye
10-21-2010, 12:59 AM
No, you're right on that Shiny. It depends on how qualified you are. It just tends to be that the people out of those really nice salons tend to hire more qualified people, usually. I don't think that the salon I go to now would ever have some random shmoe who didn't even work there just cut my hair.

The woman I go to is beyond talented, and very friendly. She's good at finding things that are flattering, and explaining technique so I know how to blow dry and style things like she does in the future. The place is really nice, clean, and provide you snacks and beverages. I only pay $30 for a wash, cut, style, and dry, because of my discount. Usually it's $60. I get free bang trims.

Iceglow
10-21-2010, 01:06 AM
My mom when I entered high school (grade 7 to you americans or year 7 to us brits) got my hair cut with a side parting... I :bou::bou::bou::bou: you not a side parting comb over style. I looked like a 'tash-less Hitler! Needless to say I didn't even bother growing it out I simply shaved my head a week later at my brothers didn't even tell her I was doing it just went upstairs and shaved it myself.

I also had curtains at one point, complete with undercut lol. I've also had hair past my shoulderblades (kinda suits me actually but also looks kinda rapey bit like hux) currently a fan of my current style, suits me and my beard looks good with it