PDA

View Full Version : Acne! :D

KentaRawr!
10-19-2010, 04:55 PM
I have acne! I've had it for a while now, actually. :3 I decided I'd do something about it, so I went on the internet and found out that toothpaste applied to the spots apparently helps make acne go away. So, I tried it. My face still feels (and probably tastes) minty. But the acne does seem smaller. Or maybe that's just a placebo.

Anyway, what do you EoFFers typically do to get rid of acne?

black orb
10-19-2010, 05:01 PM
>>> Dont drink sodas/soft drinks, dont eat candy/chocolate, dont eat junk food, etc..:luca:

Jessweeee♪
10-19-2010, 05:16 PM
I keep my hair tied up if I neglect to wash it. Greasy hair and, well, pretty much anything touching my face is the #2 cause of horrible acne for me (number one being the sinister menstrual cycle). I use apricot scrub a few times a week to make my face feel nice and smooth. I used to use baby wipes daily and peroxide once a week, and that combined with the birth control I was on at the time had my face the cleanest it had ever been.

Each face is unique and one person's miracle solution might not work as well for someone else. Two things that at least help a little for everyone are:
1. Wash your face a few times a week.
2. Keep your hair out of your face and DON'T TOUCH IT.

Shorty
10-19-2010, 05:28 PM
I've heard that the "don't eat chocolate/oily foods" is a myth.

The toothpaste trick works for me. I don't get acne very often, but when I do, either a little dot of toothpaste or a little dot of my Olay facial mask and it would shrink it overnight.

Everyone's skin is different, but what helped me get rid of my teen acne was washing my face every morning and night.

~*~Celes~*~
10-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Too much sugar causes me to break out, as does my menstrual cycle, but not every month.

I use Neutrogena oil-free acne wash every day in the shower. That seems to help :D also drinking more water helps too. So drink lots of water!

Rodarian
10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
I used have acne as a teen (damn hormones) but now its mostly gone except for the of emergence of a pimple...

I usually wash my face three times a day with clean and clear cream.

Neutro overdrives my skin though.

Alive-Cat
10-19-2010, 05:54 PM
When I first hit puberty I was one big pimple! It was terrible. After suffering for a few years in school I went to the doctors and I've been taking anti-biotics for about 3 years now. Bonus is these are non-suicidal pills :D
Works. I have absolutely ZERO acne now, except for the occasional one that doesn't really notice. But I still have to take them now, two a day every day. And I can't eat a two hours before or an hour after. That part's a pain. :p
OH YEAH I forgot I go for long distance runs every morning, it proper sweats my skin out and I drink massive amounts of water before, during and after. I think that does wonders for washing my skin out.

escobert
10-19-2010, 06:11 PM
I never really had much of a problem with acne. So I dunno!

Roogle
10-19-2010, 06:18 PM
You may find this article to be helpful: Bad Acne Cured In One Week (http://clippednews.wordpress.com/2009/09/29/bad-acne-cured-in-one-week/)

NorthernChaosGod
10-19-2010, 06:26 PM
1. Drink lots of water
2. Finish puberty

KentaRawr!
10-19-2010, 07:42 PM
That's really interesting. A clean towel on the pillow, huh?

Why didn't I think of that? :(

Shlup
10-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Always wash your face in the morning and before bed, keep your pillow clean, keep hydrated, moisturize your skin after washing to prevent your skin from over-hydrating itself with oil. I use a face wipe before bed, and in the shower I use Burt's Bees Radience cleanser, which I love.

Rye
10-20-2010, 12:23 AM
I love Burt's Bees!

I don't suffer from acne. I get a pimple or two around the end of my period, though, but that's really it. Clear skin is one of the few good cards I was dealt. XD

Cold sores, on the other hand... I know everyone gets those occasionally, but when I get them, they take over a week to clear up and they're huge and sometimes scab over, despite how much I put on moisturizer and lip balm. HATE.

Bastian
10-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Food choices has zilch to do with acne.

It's all about hormones, usually. Though it can be about your skin and whether it is much too oily or much too dry (in other words, OVER washing may make it worse).

At 17, I had one of the worst cases of acne my dermatologist had ever seen. I was put on various mild prescription medications to no avail. Then on slightly stronger medications. Again to no avail. Then on very powerful medications... you guessed it: to no avail. Finally they had to prescribe the most potent (and, it turns out, possibly very harmful via permanent side effects) acne medication: Acutane. And guess what? It fixed it almost instantly. It was like magic. And I've been 99% acne free ever since.

NorthernChaosGod
10-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Acutane is the one that supposedly makes people crazy or some :bou::bou::bou::bou:?

Peegee
10-20-2010, 10:21 PM
/r/ kenshiro jpg for acne.

Anyway the gist is not to eat junk (though I am not sure myself if it is a myth) and to keep a clean towel every day for sleeping on. You don't wash your pillow case every day and it gets dirty.

Don't wash your face so often but do keep it clean. If there's hair in your face keep it clean or tied back.

I get recurring adult-onset-acne and the pharmacist says there's no avoiding it. I was prescribed tetracycline when it got pretty bad, but try to push for accutane if you can afford it.

Shiny
10-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Drinking water
Not touching your face except to wash it
Using Neutragena facial wash 2 times day
Using non-comedogenic moisturizer on the face

Normally I get breakouts near my chin where I tend to rest my hands or on my forehead where I tend to have a bang or something. Better hairstyles and less hair spray solved this issue.

fire_of_avalon
10-21-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm pretty lucky when it comes to skin on my face. I have a tendency to have really dry skin on my arms, though.

Anyway, I use the Neutrogena scrub in the morning and Neutrogena one-step cleanser at night to get rid of dirt, oil, and mascara. If you don't have actual acne and just bad pimple outbreaks, I would recommend that combo. The one-step cleanser is very gentle and moisturizing, so you don't have to worry about over-cleaning by using medicated cleansers.

I used to use a toner to exfoliate, but using the scrub and a washcloth is enough for that, now.

Shiny
10-21-2010, 02:09 AM
I will say don't use a wash cloth unless you pat it soft because rubbing it can irritate the skin and cause more breakouts.

KentaRawr!
10-21-2010, 04:23 AM
It seems like every time someone types this:

Don't touch your face with your hands.

I happen to be touching my face with my hands when I read it.

NorthernChaosGod
10-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Then cut that :bou::bou::bou::bou: out.

KentaRawr!
10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Thankfully, right now I have toothpaste on my face, so I wouldn't even want to touch my face.

Jessweeee♪
10-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I've heard that the "don't eat chocolate/oily foods" is a myth.

I think more harm comes from the fact that it gets really close to and a times even touches your face on the way into the mouth than actually ingesting the food.

1. Drink lots of water
2. Finish puberty

That's not enough for some people. My mom drinks nothing but water and she is 40 and she still gets acne sometimes. I think these things are genetic so I'll probably be the same ;_;

NorthernChaosGod
10-21-2010, 05:21 PM
1. Drink lots of water
2. Finish puberty

That's not enough for some people. My mom drinks nothing but water and she is 40 and she still gets acne sometimes. I think these things are genetic so I'll probably be the same ;_;

If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't being completely serious. :(

Ashi
10-22-2010, 08:46 AM
I did hear the toothpaste trick but it didn't work for me. It works for other people I know, too. I got some tea tree gel to spot treat acne (something random from Boots) but it also didn't work for me.

I don't really get that much acne anymore, but if I do it's under the skin. My chin has a lot, A LOT of tiny bumps under the skin. The good thing about them is that they never really come up to the surface.

A few things I do to try and keep my face balanced:
-Wash and moisturize my face every morning and night
-If I wear make up, make sure to clean it all off really well
-Exfoliate once or twice a week but always moisturize/hydrate after
-Use a deep cleansing mask (sometimes called clay or mud mask) but not on all my face, just the oily parts or parts with under the skin breakouts, but also always moisturize/hydrate after
-Use sunblock! I don't really know if it helps with acne, but some parts of my face really burn if I don't wear sun protection, it's just as unpleasant as acne.