PDA

View Full Version : Come Around Sundown

Alive-Cat
10-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Kings Of Leon's new album out like yesterday or something. I'm not really into them but a lot of people in my scene are and I've been hearing them for years and have given them a listen on quite a few occasions.
It's alright. First track 'The End' is pretty good. Next two tracks 'Radioactive' and 'Pyro' are also good. But a lot of them aren't particularly interesting to me. Its got nothing on the album 'Because Of The Times', the scope of that album is amazing. It's got everything a good album should; songs like 'Knocked Up' are beautiful, 'Charmer' is fucking mental. 'On Call' is really emotionally catching and has such weirdly produced vocals that works for it.
This new album is just a bunch of tracks that all sound pretty much the same...
I'm still surprised I give Kings Of Leon a listen, though. They've went really mainstream of recent years and I don't really listen to much mainstream music at all.
Plus, I hate American accents for singing, usually sounds cheesy. Only exceptions to this include: Nirvana (obviously,) At The Drive In, Deftones, Glassjaw and Vampire Weekend.

Clo
10-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Vampire Weekend have American accents? :confused: I always thought they sounded like they weren't American.

Shorty
10-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Funny, everyone always sounds American to me when they sing.

Alive-Cat
10-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Vampire Weekend have American accents? :confused: I always thought they sounded like they weren't American.

That may be why I don't mind it!

Funny, everyone always sounds American to me when they sing.

That's one of the worst things about music today. ESPECIALLY with the Pop-Punk and Emo and Metal thing. Bands from England/Wales/anywhere in the United Kingdom singing with American accents. It's the epitome of fake music. It's not real, they don't talk like that, so why sing like that? If they're gonna sing with a different accent to their real one, why not sing with a Transylvanian accent? :D
This is why Indie music from the UK is the best music! (not mainstream pop indie stuff though)