PDA

View Full Version : They Look Like They Smell Good

Shiny
10-21-2010, 12:43 AM
So, when I went to Comic Con I couldn't help but notice the atrocious amount of people who wreaked of garbage, armpit, and other nasties. Have you ever been told that you have b.o. or encountered someone with b.o.? If yes to the later, any funny stories involving it?

Rye
10-21-2010, 12:46 AM
ROFL, Shiny. The sad thing that my friends (who con fairly often) tell me that New York Comic Con is famous for being one of the BEST smelling cons.

I went there on Sunday. There were less people, but the people who were still there were people who stayed in NY all weekend and probably didn't bathe, so it was kind of bad smelling, but not as bad as I had initially expected. I think it was because I spent most of my time in the Anime Fest side, and most of those people were girls, who usually bathe a little more.

Usually. There were a few really disgusting girls there. They also happened to be those shrieking "FREE HUGSSSS!!!!" people. XDDD

fire_of_avalon
10-21-2010, 12:52 AM
I've encountered people with b.o. before. We have this one customer.... Jesus smurfing Christ. Like you've never, ever, ever smelled this. He can't bathe. There's no way this man has bathed since he's been coming into the store. And he always comes to me first when I'm there because I have the keys to the cigarette case.

EDIT: His smell actually gets to you before he does. Like when he's approaching, I automatically take two big steps back from him.

Vyk
10-21-2010, 12:59 AM
I remember we had someone trying to adopt a dog once from our shelter who had very obviously just vomited all over themselves right before coming in and just wiped it off and went about their day or something. Fortunately I was not the person having to attend them

I will say the deodorant I use is not meant to fight extreme physical labor. Even if I'm perfectly cleaned and lathered in it, I always get a tad ripe after, say, helping someone move, or something. But that's more 'cause I'm not used to really sweating much and use the stuff more for smelling good. So I rarely test drive them for their effectiveness

But I can imagine standing around all day in a Boba Fett costume would make one tend to sweat a bit as well

Shiny
10-21-2010, 01:05 AM
ROFL, Shiny. The sad thing that my friends (who con fairly often) tell me that New York Comic Con is famous for being one of the BEST smelling cons.

I went there on Sunday. There were less people, but the people who were still there were people who stayed in NY all weekend and probably didn't bathe, so it was kind of bad smelling, but not as bad as I had initially expected. I think it was because I spent most of my time in the Anime Fest side, and most of those people were girls, who usually bathe a little more.

Usually. There were a few really disgusting girls there. They also happened to be those shrieking "FREE HUGSSSS!!!!" people. XDDD
I would think cute Asian people bathe, but no. Anime Festival side is where I encountered most of the b.o. And it was confusing because I would walk by people who smelled like cherry blossoms and then I smelled like mango or some :bou::bou::bou::bou: so it was a mix of cherry blossom mango and b.o. NEVER AGAIN!

My friend was telling me at the Con she went to on Sunday, there was a guy with a free hugs sign and he wanted to hug her. But she was all, "DO NOT WANT" because he smelled like ass. So she's like, "No thankyou." He then walks over to her and then proceeds to grab her up into a hug. She was so furious because after he let go she could still smell his stench on her. He gave her his stank!

Shorty
10-21-2010, 01:52 AM
oh my god, this thread. Imagining being in a place filled with the smell of BO makes me sick.

Thank god that no, I cannot recall any situation I have ever experienced this, but it is making me reconsider ever wanting to go to any kind of convention, ever.

Rye
10-21-2010, 01:59 AM
Speaking of sweat and BO...

We have this creep in my Post-War Japan history course who follows me and my friends around like a puppy. I felt really bad before so I used to be kind, but this guy is seriously insane. He would follow us all the way to our car sometimes, despite us constantly dropping pointed hints like "Oh, don't you have class soon? It's a long walk... maybe you should go?" He is really sweaty and wears a sweaty necktowel, and he demands tight sweaty hugs from all the girls.

A few days ago, I got onto campus an hour early, so I sat down at one of the tables in the library near the reading room and tried to get through a few acts of this Shakespeare play I'm reading. I accidentally made eye-contact with him as he walked by, so he took that as permission to sit next to me for a HALF HOUR as I silently read Shakespeare, despite the fact that I was like "Oh hey, I have to read this, so you know, I'm gonna be pretty boring, heh heh, can't talk, seeya later." All he said was "HURF HURF THAT'S FINE I'LL JUST STICK AROUND HERE HURFFF...."

At this point, I really don't feel bad anymore, and I'm about at my ropes end with this guy. My friends say I handle him like an expert ("distant polite kindness") but I'm becoming more and more pointed with him as time goes on. Pretty soon I might snap. No more sweaty hugs. =(

Madame Adequate
10-21-2010, 02:08 AM
I really love the tangy scent of sweaty armpits.

Rye
10-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Then come visit me and take the sweaty hug bullet for me, mang. =(

rubah
10-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Unfortunately, some of the unpleasant stereotypes about the french hold true, at least for some of their teenagers and people who ride public transit. I'd never smelled anything like it in the US before.

Shiny
10-21-2010, 02:19 AM
Unfortunately, some of the unpleasant stereotypes about the french hold true, at least for some of their teenagers and people who ride public transit. I'd never smelled anything like it in the US before.

Come to NYC and ride on a subway train. They have plenty of smelly people.

Rye
10-21-2010, 02:21 AM
The subway smells like boiling piss in the summer. =( That's the only time I take it though. NYC winters are cold, but I enjoy the cold. I really hate going into Manhattan during the summer though. I can't take heat.

Madonna
10-21-2010, 02:52 AM
Reek. Poor language usage is about as offensive as poor hygiene.

I have been told I smell like food after a long day of work. This is not strange because I make food all day.

Shiny
10-21-2010, 04:25 AM
Reek. Poor language usage is about as offensive as poor hygiene.

I have been told I smell like food after a long day of work. This is not strange because I make food all day.
I will mispell words all I want grammar nazi. :aimkiss:

The food smelling b.o. is slighlty more acceptable because sometimes it cannot be avoided when food stench goes to the hair. All you can do is wait till the end of the day to shampoo, or if you're a freak like I am, you always have hair spray, leave-in-conditioner, or dry shampoo on you.

Rodarian
10-21-2010, 09:25 AM
I can recall quite a few BO incidence in regards to ppl's hygiene....I once knew this Nova Scotia chick who smelt so terrible that I held my breath for two minutes, plus another minute more before my subway stop.. :S

Thankfully I keep my BO under control and for the most part people tell me that I smell good....

FYI I have never used deodorant EVER.... (I also shave my pits)

kotora
10-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Speaking of sweat and BO...

We have this creep in my Post-War Japan history course who follows me and my friends around like a puppy. I felt really bad before so I used to be kind, but this guy is seriously insane. He would follow us all the way to our car sometimes, despite us constantly dropping pointed hints like "Oh, don't you have class soon? It's a long walk... maybe you should go?" He is really sweaty and wears a sweaty necktowel, and he demands tight sweaty hugs from all the girls.

A few days ago, I got onto campus an hour early, so I sat down at one of the tables in the library near the reading room and tried to get through a few acts of this Shakespeare play I'm reading. I accidentally made eye-contact with him as he walked by, so he took that as permission to sit next to me for a HALF HOUR as I silently read Shakespeare, despite the fact that I was like "Oh hey, I have to read this, so you know, I'm gonna be pretty boring, heh heh, can't talk, seeya later." All he said was "HURF HURF THAT'S FINE I'LL JUST STICK AROUND HERE HURFFF...."

At this point, I really don't feel bad anymore, and I'm about at my ropes end with this guy. My friends say I handle him like an expert ("distant polite kindness") but I'm becoming more and more pointed with him as time goes on. Pretty soon I might snap. No more sweaty hugs. =(

lol why don't you just tell him what you really think. What's the worst that can happen, him getting all sad and hurt and never wanting to get near you again?

whenever I'm around smelly people in class or something (which luckily isn't that often) I just take out the Axe deo I usually carry around in my backpack and spray it in their direction. Should take care of the problem.

~*~Celes~*~
10-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Some of my family members don't know how to bathe it seems :x

Psychotic
10-21-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't get how people can go out in public like that. I have to shower and deodorise before I leave the house. If I can smell something bad coming from my armpit then I feel self-conscious as fuck and lose all confidence. There's a lady at my work who has it and she is a nice person and good to talk to but I am always thinking "OH GOD PLEASE LEAVE :barf:" and feel guilty for it.

Clo
10-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Jesus, is it really that hard to shower occasionally? Most people I've known smell pretty decently, but that's probably because I avoid the ones who smell poorly. I knew one guy once who smelled like buckets of sweat, but he was a very, very large young man. We just leaned away from that one.

I've known a lot of people that don't wash their hair, and that can start smelling after a while. I understand that shampooing can be something that is just done occasionally, but c'mon people, you need to have the hair type for that. Some people have hair that NEEDS to be shampoo'd somewhat regularly, and they do not. It's oily and smells like farts after a while.

Jessweeee♪
10-21-2010, 04:34 PM
The other day we were going somewhere to get job applications, and my boyfriend and I wanted to take showers first. I mean we were only asking if they were hiring and grabbing applications, so we didn't have to look super nice, but we felt it was important to at least look like we give a :bou::bou::bou::bou:. His dad got all impatient and was like "HEY YOU GUYS NEED TO GO DOWN THERE THEY SAID ON THE NEWS YESTERDAY THEY WERE HIRING SO THAT JOB IS PROBABLY ALREADY GONE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DRESS UP YOU KNOW I GO OUT AND DO YARDWORK AND GARDENING EVERY DAY IN THE HEAT AND I GO THREE OR FOUR DAYS WITHOUT SHOWERING."

And thus the mystery of the weird fish smell in the backroom was solved.

NorthernChaosGod
10-21-2010, 05:20 PM

What the dick, man? :Oo:

Seraphic
10-21-2010, 05:49 PM
When I worked at the movie theater, I used to get stuck working with this guy who smelled soo bad, it was like he took a bath in b.o.; just rubbed it all over him good.
The worst times were when we were alone together in the box office during the late afternoon when the sun would hit the box office directly, then it would just be like a b.o. hotbox.
I'm surprised I never passed out from it all.
Omg there was this time when I had him AND this girl who apparently had never met a bar of soap in her life and she kind of smelled like pickles in the box office at the same time.
Death.

Rodarian
10-21-2010, 06:13 PM

What the dick, man? :Oo:

I take a body shower at least twice a day and usually I wear a vest underneath to soak up sweat when I'm at work. Plus I don't wear the same shirt more than three times before I give it for a wash. Shaving pits is for hygiene purposes.

Its been more than ten years and I have yet to hear a single complaint and believe me I've asked if I had a B.O problem. I don't so I count my blessings...

kotora
10-21-2010, 08:05 PM
If Pakistan is anything like India it wouldn't surprise me at all if people don't even notice the smell of sweat.

Cuchulainn
10-21-2010, 08:30 PM
If Pakistan is anything like India it wouldn't surprise me at all if people don't even notice the smell of sweat.

Harsh but true.

We've a few smell ole fuckers insured with us. There's really no excuse whatsoever for smelling like balls. a few times you can bathe & deodorise & in a hurry do it wrong & miss a patch but if you're usually clean you're usually the first to notice.

And Rod...you change your shirt after wearing it 3 times? I clean mine after wearing it once ya dirty wee git.

Hot Shot
10-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Well there was this one guy in my media class last year and he had rank b.o and bad breath. And one day we were taking photos and he put his arm around one girl. And she said to one of my other classmates (both the girl and this guy are Philippino) "wow he he stinks!" And none of understood and the guy with the really bad b.o said "hey, speak in English". When the class (minus the guy with b.o) found out what was said, we all lol'd for quite a while. Bear in mind this guys a bit of a jerk and really annoying too so nobody felt sorry for him.

Shoeberto
10-21-2010, 11:40 PM
I guess... I guess I'll just stop hanging out with you. I didn't know you felt that way.

Rye
10-21-2010, 11:43 PM
You can take your sweaty neck towel with you! :colbert:

EDIT:

@ Paul: I totally understand that fear of having BO, even despite showering and using deodorant in the mornings and such. XD I carry an extra deodorant with me in my handbag just in case.

You'll be happy to know that you always smelled clean and good all the times we hung out in Lex. But I know that was because you especially dolled up for yours truly, Fun Size. :aimkiss:

Rostum
10-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Ever been in a room full of really geeky programmers and gaming nerds? The smell is horrendous. I'd rather hang out with the artists where we actually keep ourselves healthy and manage a shower each day.

Now this is a major generalisation, chances are I've had really bad luck with the people I've had to work and study with.

:D

Shoeberto
10-22-2010, 12:21 AM
You can take your sweaty neck towel with you! :colbert:
I was trying to implant my scent on it for you... so you could remember me by it. I once loved you and now all I have left is a broken heart and a soiled towel that reeks of disappointment.

Please, if you won't take my heart, at least take the towel. And... use it, and take pictures, for me. Please. I need this.

Iceglow
10-22-2010, 02:36 AM
I work in retail on the worlds busiest street, we get a lot of smelly people in our store, generally speaking theres a few whom make us all run for cover and a regular old guy whose lame and going blind comes in every day and hobbles about he stinks so bad I hold my breath from the minute I see him to the minute I've reached a minimum safe distance of at least 40ft. I've done this breathing in or out if I see him or catch his tang in the air I stop respirating mid breathing cycle

Shiny
10-22-2010, 03:06 AM

Speaking of India. My SAT tutor definitely had pit b.o., but I hear some Indian people don't wear deodorant purposely.

Its been more than ten years and I have yet to hear a single complaint and believe me I've asked if I had a B.O problem. I don't so I count my blessings...

People with b.o. usually don't get told they have b.o. just FYI. If a person has it I may subtely tell them. Like I'll take out some body spray, spray it on myself and if they go, "Oh that smells good" I'll be like, "Do you want some" and spray it before they even have the time to respond. :aimkiss:

Jessweeee♪
10-22-2010, 04:27 AM
I shower and such every other day and I occasionally put on deodorant. I prefer products with a generic clean smell like baking soda or "ocean rain" (because the only thing worse than BO is being overpowered by Cherry Blossom and Jasmine). That's enough to keep me from feeling self-conscious. Anyone who is not satisfied should stop surrounding themselves with flowers and pumpkin pies and maybe shower less.

Shlup
10-22-2010, 04:30 AM
BJ sweats a lot, but it never smells bad. I swear his armpits just leak water. It's weird... but I'm not complaining.

We have a few super fat friends who you don't want to sit down wind from when the weather is right.

The smelliest person I know, though, is my very bestest friend. That's right, Ashley smells bad. She just does it so I feel better about myself though. That's what BFFF are for, right?

My pits get stinky if I get sweaty. It's true; no denying it. *shrug* I try to get BJ to smell it but he won't.

~*~Celes~*~
10-22-2010, 04:38 AM
I am very particular about my personal hygiene so i always smell good <3

NorthernChaosGod
10-22-2010, 05:26 AM
I smell awesome even when I sweat, I have awesome deodorant.

Madonna
10-22-2010, 07:12 AM
Yeah, Axe is pretty great.

Rodarian
10-22-2010, 08:22 AM

Har har...Yes people do notice the smell of sweat and other odors but complaining about it doesn't really help.May I remind you that Pakistan is not completely a backwater town thank you very much.

@Shiny, nobody has ever tried that stunt on me and I always ask someone point blank if I emitting BO. I sweat like anyone else but I don't give off any heinous odor.

I take of care of my hygiene , its just B.O has never been an issue for me or anyone else.

G13
10-22-2010, 08:52 AM
I used to work with this guy that just reeked. It was alright for me though cause I worked mainline and he was vent (all the way in the back of the warehouse). One time he came up and worked mainline for a day and I literally thought someone had spilled trash all over the front floor, and he was a good 30 feet away from me. I can't even be sure it was just BO. The dude was absolutely rancid.

Iceglow
10-22-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm the kind of particular about being smelly/sweaty I will carry 2 cans of deodrant with me at all times, 1st can is my anti-perspirant recently I have been using FCUK ones, they smell great but to be fair they're crap at actually stopping you from sweating. 2nd can is a body spray, sometimes at work no matter what prep I do I'll have to wear a shirt what is a couple of days old and starting to get a little smelly, this is when it gets sprayed heavily in body spray. I'll also re-apply deodrant at start of lunch or the end of lunch meaning I am super fresh all day.

Alive-Cat
10-22-2010, 10:06 AM
For some reason, I've always been really lucky with B.O. It's just INCREDIBLY hard for me to stink. Sometimes when I work out, I work out extra just so that I can smell B.O. on myself because it's such a rare thing to be able to smell any. I want to be normal!!!
If I don't wear any deodorant at all, by the end of the day my armpits do get a little ripe, but you can only smell it if you put your nose right in there. No one's ever done that, though.
I always use deodorant anyway. So it be no issue for me.
I've known plenty of people who stink. They are SCUM. :mad2:

Rodarian
10-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Alive-man you're like me then...

Rantz
10-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Ever been in a room full of really geeky programmers and gaming nerds? The smell is horrendous. I'd rather hang out with the artists where we actually keep ourselves healthy and manage a shower each day.

I am actually sitting in a room of programmers right now, as I do every day, and the only thing I can really smell is a faint smell of a fruit someone just ate! I've never noticed programmers being particularly smelly :D

Jessweeee♪
10-22-2010, 04:53 PM
For some reason, I've always been really lucky with B.O. It's just INCREDIBLY hard for me to stink. Sometimes when I work out, I work out extra just so that I can smell B.O. on myself because it's such a rare thing to be able to smell any. I want to be normal!!!
If I don't wear any deodorant at all, by the end of the day my armpits do get a little ripe, but you can only smell it if you put your nose right in there. No one's ever done that, though.

If it makes you feel any better, you always smell twice as bad as what you're smelling, because you can't really smell your own stink!

Peegee
10-22-2010, 05:01 PM
No. If I'm living at home I shower 1 or 2ce a day. If I'm visiting a friend I shower every other day only because on the 3rd day I feel icky.

Storytime. When I was in university one of my roommates invited her friend over for a few days. All of the other girls said they would be staying away from the house and warned me to do the same. I was like ????? and decided to hang around and see

Damnit the girl was so big she couldn't bathe or if she bathed she couldn't dry herself properly so the water just sat in the folds of her skin. She SMELLED SO BAD YOU COULD SMELL HER EVERYWHERE

waaaaah :'(

Mirage
10-22-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't use deo but i doubt i smell all that bad. I shower before i leave the house, usually. Even if I do get sweaty somewhere, fresh sweat doesn't smell all that bad. Old sweat does. At least for me.

Shiny
10-23-2010, 01:49 AM
For who? I suppose it is good for people with b.o. but the commercials are b.s. All of the Axe/Lynx scents I've smelled have been too strong.

If it makes you feel any better, you always smell twice as bad as what you're smelling, because you can't really smell your own stink!
This is partly true. I remember when I was younger I use to spray two spritz of perfume because I didn't smell it on me when it was only just one. Then one day my mom was like, "Dayum, that's a lot of perfume. Too strong." I only spritz on one but it's enough for other people to smell even though I don't really smell it after awhile.

Madonna
10-23-2010, 06:02 AM
For who? I suppose it is good for people with b.o. but the commercials are b.s. All of the Axe/Lynx scents I've smelled have been too strong.

I smell awesome even when I sweat, I have awesome deodorant.

NorthernChaosGod
10-23-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't use Axe, I use a real deodorant.

Alive-Cat
10-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Alive-man you're like me then...

Do you think we're actually twins, then, seperated at birth? :excited: