PDA

View Full Version : Fox and baseball.

Jessweeee♪
10-22-2010, 01:15 AM
So uh, do they just cancel shows when a baseball game runs late? Mogi and I were all excited about a new episode of Bones tonight and instead baseball. I seem to remember this being a major issue with Futurama. What is their exact procedure with this sort of thing anyway?

Raistlin
10-22-2010, 01:19 AM
The sporting event will generally come first. If it's a new episode of a big TV show (like Bones) that is being run over, then it will probably be aired at a different time.

escobert
10-22-2010, 01:20 AM
Yes the next show is usually canceled or postponed until the game is over. Especially like right now when it's the playoffs.

Raistlin
10-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Oh, and I forgot to mention: the best thing you can do is just keep an eye out on Fox. They'll probably mention what they're going to do regarding the TV shows they're running over at some point.

Raistlin
10-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey wait a second, the game isn't running over Bones; it was scheduled well beforehand into this time slot. The next Bones episodes isn't even scheduled to air until November 4th (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bones_%28season_6%29). :p

Jessweeee♪
10-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Laaaaaame. I don't have access to a TV Guide (well I suppose there is the internet, but I don't care about TV when I am on the internet) so I didn't know this.

Shorty
10-22-2010, 02:03 AM
I think we can all agree that baseball shouldn't be aired on tv at all. Then we would never have this problem.

Del Murder
10-22-2010, 02:33 AM
In the previous episode of Bones it should have said something like 'coming up in 3 weeks' instead of next week. Like Raistlin said, your show wasn't postponed, it wasn't scheduled at all for this week. Every October this happens on FOX since they always run the baseball playoffs and World Series. So if you are a die hard Bones fan you should be used to this by now! There are only 22-24 episodes in a season so this is just two less weeks of reruns in the spring or something.

Jessweeee♪
10-22-2010, 04:52 AM
I've only been into it since June. It's one of Mogi's shows. I'm really liking it and I am disappointed that it was not on when I was expecting it to be :(

Oh well, I get to have fun outside the house this weekend.

Vermachtnis
10-22-2010, 05:04 AM
I think we can all agree that baseballsports shouldn't be aired on tv at all. Then we would never have this problem.

escobert
10-22-2010, 05:26 AM
No, they MUST air football!

Kirobaito
10-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Fox can play baseball anytime, and screw every one of your pathetic shows. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

HOLY CRAP THE RANGERS ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES

Elly
10-25-2010, 01:32 PM
i died a little inside the year FOX started showing sports on a network that used to be a safe haven from that crap...

Del Murder
10-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Fox can play baseball anytime, and screw every one of your pathetic shows. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

I couldn't help but think of you when I saw that happen, Teksus Raynja. However....GO GIANTS!

Kirobaito
10-26-2010, 12:14 AM

I couldn't help but think of you when I saw that happen, Teksus Raynja. However....GO GIANTS!
I'd rather it be the Giants than the danged Phillies, even though the Rangers play much better when they're the underdog (which apparently they're not anymore). At least it will still be a good story regardless of the outcome.

Del Murder
10-26-2010, 04:16 PM
I wish Strider was still around for this. I'm sure he's celebrating somwhere in the depths of Fresno.

Goldenboko
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM
I think we can all agree that baseball shouldn't be aired on tv at all. Then we would never have this problem.

I cut you.