PDA

View Full Version : I'm not going into the toilet! I'm going into SHOWBUSINESS!

Jessweeee♪
10-22-2010, 05:33 PM
The Producers! If you haven't seen it, then go find a DVD now! Who thinks this movie is awesome? I've yet to see the original. Just the musical that came of it and the 2005 movie adaptation of the musical adaptation.

YouTube - The Producers 2005 Musical Movie Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzF4N0StVes)

Wolf Kanno
10-26-2010, 05:37 AM
This was a great movie, but like you I haven't seen the original but its Mel Brooks, so I'm pretty sure its just as awesome as the musical remake. :redface:

Rantz
10-26-2010, 07:30 AM
I, on the other hand, have seen the original, but not the remake yet! Had it downloaded for a while though, so I'll see it when I can!

Jessweeee♪
10-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Mel Brooks is the reason why I'm debating watching it just a teensy bit. I think it should be okay, since it was made so early on, but it seems like there was this period of time where he was like YEAAAH LOOK I'M MEL FUCKING BROOKS AND I AM IN THIS FILM in everything he was in. He's awesome when he's not doing that though.

Seraphic
10-26-2010, 10:33 PM
I bought the dvd of the remake at Blockbuster for one of those 4 for $20 deal things.
I saw about the first 20 minutes and just didn't care to see the rest of it, and I usually like musicals.

Breine
10-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Haven't seen the original, but just the remake. As far as I remember I quite enjoyed it. I had already seen the live musical version of it, so it was interesting to see it in the form of a movie.

BG-57
10-27-2010, 11:02 PM
The original is awesome, but it's not so much a musical as it is about a musical. Zero Mostel was a great master of rubber faced reactions, while Gene Wilder played the part of nebbish neurotics to the hilt. It's dated in some respects; the flower power hippie cast to play Hitler, Lorenzo St. Dubois (or L.S.D.), was dropped in the musical version.

I found the stage musical hilarious, but the film of the musical was strangely stilted.