PDA

View Full Version : Signing up for my next semester ALREADY?

Rye
10-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Just when I thought I had time to rest, I already have to start signing up for my next classes soon! I get my appointment date on Nov 1st. Luckily, I met up with my advisor so I have my classes all picked out. I'm finally done with my general education courses, it seems. Everything I'm doing next semester actually are requirements of my majors! Woo-hoo!

EGL 218 - American Literature II
WRT 392 - Theories and Methods of Mentoring Writers
EGL 333 - Italian American Experience in Literature
HIS 300 level (I'm still deciding between His of Pop Culture or His of Civil Rights)
JPN 111

(Because Japanese 101 didn't transfer over. Plus I need to take Japanese into the intermediate level for my English part of my double major, for some reason. XD)

So that's that.

Did you sign up for your classes/know which ones you're signing up for, for Spring Semester?

Levian
10-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Yup!

Org-205 - Gründerkurs. (establishing your own business)
En-123 - Business English
SE-210 - Political Economy of Corruption
SE-105 - Microeconomics

My last semester everrrr. maybe.

Raistlin
10-23-2010, 12:33 AM
I haven't signed up for classes yet or really finalized what I want to take. I am mostly just irritated that I'm having to wake up ridiculously early on one of my days off in order to register.

I realize now that I took for granted Gettysburg's great system, where we could sign up for Spring classes for the next academic year at the same time you're signing up for Fall ones. That probably isn't as feasible at larger universities, but my law school has 600 students.

fire_of_avalon
10-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Ooo, I would take history of civil rights.

Since I didn't get to take the courses online this semester, I'm signing up for Gender and Communication and Crime and Delinquency again.

Clo
10-23-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm not taking any classes.

I'm STUDENT TEACHING.

The end (of college) is nigh.

kotora
10-23-2010, 01:47 AM
sociology of art and culture
organization of art and culture

all that art and culture is making me feel really artsy and cultural

Rye
10-23-2010, 01:48 AM
I have to start my methods observations soon. =O

Shiny
10-23-2010, 01:58 AM
I already signed up for my spring semester when I signed up for the fall semester in April. That's how my school operates. However, I will probably be changing my Recording Foley class to a Producing or English class in January.

Psychological Theories on Personality
Film and Literature II
Finance Distribution
Recording Foley
Advanced Production II

All my editing related classes like Advanced Avid, Theory of Editing, and After Effects I'm taking this semester. I may consider taking Maya if I'm feeling masochistic.

rubah
10-23-2010, 04:00 AM
I don't get advised until next week, but it's not like I have a whole lot of choice, anyway!

well, I have a little.

CP II (senior design)
Psychology (was going to do sociology this semester, but dropped it and decided it didn't sound that great anyway)
anthropology of religion (I think?) I should be able to have some good discussions with TSoL after this 8)
RESEARCH ~*~*~*~*~*
Lab III (put this off, and it looks like my bet is paying off! Maybe. The "hard" professor who makes you write a lot of lab reports taught it this semester, and there was a strong chance he wouldn't this semester, so me and a lot of my friends decided to wait, and it turns out that one of the cool professors is teaching it, which is good, but he might be hard, so that would be bad. IT IS A GAMBLE)

also check it, that's fourteen hours. I finally catch a break!

asukaevaunit02
10-24-2010, 03:31 PM
After taking a gap year I'm returning to my studies of economics, my first semester back will involve:

AFC2000: Financial institutions and markets
AFC2140: Corporate finance
ECC2000: Intermediate microeconomics
ECC2010: Intermediate macroeconomics

I'm majoring in Economics, and trying some finance.

Laddy
10-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Good lord I want to get outta high school.

I will hopefully be attending NYU and dual-majoring in Film and Theatre.

I Took the Red Pill
10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Something like this:

MTH 236. Introduction to Algebra I: Bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: that they call it that, it's the third linear algebra course one takes as a math major and is supposed to serve as preparation for graduate algebra courses

MTH 240. Introduction to Topology: scared

ENG 207. Renaissance Literature: self-explanatory

ENG 245. After Beckett: Post-Samuel Beckett literature

Bunny
10-24-2010, 06:53 PM
I haven't signed up for the classes yet, but I pretty much know what I am taking.

Jiro
10-25-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm doing a summer course called erm CMN213 Editing for the Communications Professional

Then semester 1 next year is:
CMN235 News Writing: Print and Broadcast
CMN238 Creative Writing D: Paperback Hero
CMN246 Creative Writing for Children and Young Adults

Shoeberto
10-25-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm doing one intersession course over break, Middle Eastern Studies, to finish up that requirement.

Next quarter I'm taking:
Graphics II
Projects I (design class)
Technical Communication
Chemistry 2/Chem 2 lab (finish up another requirement)

Basically I need 36 hours to graduate after all the transferring was said and done, and that all comes up to 20, so I'm getting pretty close. I might have to go through the summer, but still, it's pretty damn good.

Shiny
10-25-2010, 05:12 PM
ENG 245. After Beckett: Post-Samuel Beckett literature
Apparently everything before Waiting for Godot doesn't matter.

Peegee
10-25-2010, 05:23 PM
yay rubah! now you can chat with pgies more

or something. I bug you enough as it is.

I remember when I tried my hand in computers, that the online sign-up was terrible. People swarmed to get the best times when the window to register was open, and the server would just die x_X

I hope you don't have to sign up online, but paper sign up is equally terrible. Ugh do not miss it at all.