PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play a Little Game

Evastio
10-23-2010, 07:05 PM
So far all the original Dissidia characters and Lightning, Kain, and Tifa have all been confirmed as playable Dissidia Duodecim characters. I thought it would be fun to make a little betting game on which characters will make it in as playable. So here's the deal: try to guess as many characters as you can that you absolutely think will make it in. If you guess a character right, you get $1000, if they aren't confirmed as playable by the time the whole playable cast is revealed, you lose $1000. And here's the main killer rule, if a character is confirmed as playable and you didn't guess them, you lose $500. Of course, we're not using real money, it's just a point convention I decided to use. So for example:

Guesses:
Gilgamesh
Sabin

All Newcomers that have been revealed after Tifa:
Xande
Gilgamesh
Locke

So this person would get $1000 for guessing Gilgamesh, lose $1000 for incorrectly guessing Sabin, and lose $500 for not guessing Locke. So his net score is -$500. So basically, you want to make your list as accurate to the real unrevealed Dissidia Duodecim playable character list as possible. So, for this game, forgetting your hopeful thinking and guessing based on who you think Square would put in is the key to winning. I anticipate we'll be getting a lot of negative scores at the end.

As for people who join this game late, to make it fair to the others, I'm thinking we should have a -$500 penalty for each character that has been revealed after Tifa.

Alright, so I'll start of with my guesses:

Leon
Xande
Gilgamesh
Locke
Seifer
Seymour
Vaan

Also, I guess I'll allow guess changing as long as you don't change your guess for a character that has recently been confirmed or heavily implied (like how Vaan's voice actor said he was voice acting for with Square on a new Final Fantasy during May 2010. Well, you can use that example and put Vaan on your list since that was stated a while ago, but if anything else like that happens from here on out, you can't change your guess for that character). And if you do change your guess, please edit your post or make a new post saying you changed your list.

Vermachtnis
10-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Mohawk Man
Maria
Unne

Faris
Celes

Zell
Vivi
Wakka

Ashe

Wolf Kanno
10-25-2010, 07:27 AM
Gilgamesh
Locke
Seifer
Yuna
Seymour
Vaan
Leon

I might come up with more but the rest is tricky. SE has mentioned there may be four to ten new characters for Dissidia and for some reason, I'm going to bet its a little more unbalanced with FFI most likely not getting a new character and possibly FFX getting two.

TyphoonThaReapa
10-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Zeromus
Auron
Seymour
Vaan
Seifer
Rinoa
Leon

Evastio
12-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I guess I'll update the scores now.

Evastio: $500
Vermachtnis: -$1000
Wolf Kanno: $500
TyphoonThaReapa: $500

Keep in mind that it's not too late to participate. Though obviously you're not allowed to guess Vaan or Laguna.

Wolf Kanno
01-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Updates Evastio?

Elskidor
01-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Gilgamesh
Locke
Vivi
Ashe

Wolf Kanno
01-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm switching my nomination of Locke for Celes.

Hollycat
01-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Legolas
Jack Sparrow
Mickey Mouse
Stewie
Obama
Kotora

real guesses:
Vaan- dang it, i didnt see the above post
Yuffie
Cid
wakka

Evastio
01-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Alright, so we've got a couple of new people in. Maybe a $500 penalty is a bit too much. I'm okay with applying a penalty lower than $250, or even getting rid of the penalty completely, seeing how most of us having positive scores currently is penalty enough. What does everyone else think?

Updates Evastio?
Updates? You mean regarding Yuna?

I know she's practically confirmed in that last trailer, but I still want her inclusion in Dissidia to be absolutely confirmed, as in her face is shown in a screenshot or a movie clip of Dissidia Duodecim. Yeah, the feet and dress sure looked like they belonged to Yuna, but I want to be 100% certain she's in.

Wolf Kanno
01-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Updates Evastio?
Updates? You mean regarding Yuna?

I know she's practically confirmed in that last trailer, but I still want her inclusion in Dissidia to be absolutely confirmed, as in her face is shown in a screenshot or a movie clip of Dissidia Duodecim. Yeah, the feet and dress sure looked like they belonged to Yuna, but I want to be 100% certain she's in.

*cough* (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=121781)

Evastio
01-11-2011, 02:39 AM
*cough* (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=121781)
Well, alright. If you're really that insistant on me updating the scores.

Evastio: $0
Vermachtnis: -$1500
Wolf Kanno: $1500
TyphoonThaReapa: $0
Elskidor: $0
Hypoallergenic Cactuar: $0

I decided that joining the game late with $0 was penalty enough, so it isn't really necessary to penalize late joiners to make it more fair to those who joined at the start.

Also, I really encourage you to change your guesses as other characters are revealed. You obviously can't be like "Oh, Yuna was shown in the trailer, so I'm guessing her now," but you can, for example, remove Seifer and Seymour from your guess list now that Laguna and Yuna have been confirmed. I was actually going to make the latter change, but I felt that I should remind you guys that doing so is not against the rules before I do that myself.

Now that it's been confirmed that NES FF characters won't be added to Dissidia Duodecim, should I account for the -$500 penalty now? Or should I wait until the game comes out and the whole roster is revealed?

Either way, I guess I'll show the scores considering both, so here's the scores with the "incorrect guesses" taken into account from what we know so far (eg: all guesses of FF characters from the NES era):

Evastio: -$1000
Vermachtnis: -$3000
Wolf Kanno: $1000
TyphoonThaReapa: -$500
Elskidor: $0
Hypoallergenic Cactuar: $0

Edit: I forgot that Elskidor and Hypoallergenic Cactuar weren't allowed to vote for Yuna because her inclusion in Dissidia was heavily hinted at, so I removed their -$500 penalty.