PDA

View Full Version : Home Improvement With Jonathan Taylor Thomas

Shiny
10-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Let's discuss bedrooms.

Basically I need home improvement help. I'm moving into my brother's old room and in it's need of some dire redecoration. Any tips on furniture and carpet (if I decide to have a carpet)? Right now, I'm thinking of going with Behr's Vintage Merlot paint and an off-white for the ceiling.

If you could or are in the process of redecorating your bedroom, how would you want it to look?

Alive-Cat
10-23-2010, 10:56 PM
I've developed a taste for old fashioned-y looking things. Old school stuff. Mixed with new. And loads of random things stuck on the walls. That's how my flat is going to look as well. :cool:

escobert
10-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Yes, I like old classical looking furniture. or just simple furniture. I also really like earthy colors :bigsmile:

TyphoonThaReapa
10-24-2010, 12:01 AM
A discussion about bedrooms and not one notion of smurfing. I'll change that! :cool:

I have nothing in my room backsides a bed that an fold into a sofa, and ironing board, and clothing. How's that for a sex reference! :roll2

NorthernChaosGod
10-24-2010, 12:39 AM
A discussion about bedrooms and not one notion of smurfing. I'll change that! :cool:

I have nothing in my room backsides a bed that an fold into a sofa, and ironing board, and clothing. How's that for a sex reference! :roll2

An implication that you get none?

Cuchulainn
10-24-2010, 12:45 AM

And do the laundry of those that do?

If it has a bed, a satelite TV & DVD player along with a computer. It's perfect. The rest is just background noise.

fire_of_avalon
10-24-2010, 12:51 AM
I like curtains and sheers and just layers and layers of window dressing. I hate hate haaaaaaaaaaate blinds. Ugh.

That's a nice color! What kind of flooring do you have now? Are you buying or restoring furniture? What needs to live in there with you? How big is the room? (I like to decorate.)

ChickenHeart
10-24-2010, 01:13 AM
My room was finished about a month ago, it has different shades of blue and it's quite a bright, good sized room but it needs like a desk, computer all that ugh =(
only a bed and a closet in there atm

Shorty
10-24-2010, 01:43 AM
I would replace my black modern furniture with with white shabby chic wooden furniture except for my bed, which would be wrought iron. I would replace the blinds with drapes and replace the horrible tan carpet with hardwood floor or tile. I'd paint silhouettes of trees and branches and put up Alfonso Mucha paintings. (My room will be decorated this way some day.)

Shiny, I love your idea for merlot paint. I think red tones look beautiful on walls.

Shlup
10-24-2010, 02:55 AM
I like yellow bedrooms. They're so cheery to wake up in!

Clo
10-24-2010, 03:13 AM
I like curtains and sheers and just layers and layers of window dressing. I hate hate haaaaaaaaaaate blinds. Ugh.

Ugh, blinds are the fucking worst. I have them in my bedroom and they drive me insane. I just want curtains.

I tend to like earthy colors, green, blues and browns. And I like very heavy curtains. And lots of seating!

Rye
10-24-2010, 03:17 AM
I really like my room as it is, except for the size. It's not necessarily SMALL, but I have so much stuff in it that I feel cramped. I have a 10 gallon fish tank, a full length closet, a huge book case, and my entire sewing studio all in one place.

If I could do it all over, I would go for a very soft sort of look to it. Very vintage, very minimalistic. Right now, my room is the exact opposite - vibrant green wall, posters and art everywhere.

Laddy
10-24-2010, 03:19 AM
I like Modern and Artistic styles, mostly,

Shiny
10-24-2010, 06:31 AM
I have an ugly forest green carpet in my room and the same one is currently in my brother's room. He also has sage green walls and a very old and beat-up dresser full of old rap lyrics he wrote when he thought he was going to become the next 50 Cent. I'm looking to get a new large bed indefinitely with new bed sheets that match the the curtains and paint. In addition to that, I will be needing new dressers because I'm not feeling the wicker drawers I have now at all.

As far as the floors go, if I recall correctly, there is a dark wood underneath the floor in my brother's old room. In mine, it's just some really cheap linoleum the people had placed down that lived here previously. I kinda wanna get rid of the carpet in his room altogether and just polish the wooden floor.

The idea of painting trees and branches is amazing. I've always loved dark silhouettes of branches.

Rodarian
10-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Dark wooden flooring is kinda classy. I also like low lying beds can help create more sense of space..

TyphoonThaReapa
10-25-2010, 01:42 AM

And do the laundry of those that do?

If it has a bed, a satelite TV & DVD player along with a computer. It's perfect. The rest is just background noise.

You guys read me so well...besides the laundry part :roll2

NorthernChaosGod
10-25-2010, 04:22 AM
:cool: