PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Activity 2

Peegee
10-24-2010, 08:17 AM
I invited (dragged) my brother and his gf to watch this movie as I had been excited about its release since I had watched first movie and realized that the second was coming out this year (I would never have watched it except for this cottage trip a few months ago)

Anyway, the movie did not disappoint. I won't give much away but if you have seen the poster you would know there's a baby and a dog involved.

The last PA thread I fished out of the past was well received - I will say that my brother was covering his eyes after an hour into the movie; he usually doesn't care about horror movies [they don't scare him, but he did appreciate a good horror film like the shining], but the whole time he was telling himself that it's just a movie, etc etc. Doesn't work!

Seraphic
10-24-2010, 08:21 AM
I've been so excited for this movie and I'm so happy that I keep hearing good things about it.
Now if I can just somehow get to see it before it leaves theaters :/

AntagonistGB
10-24-2010, 09:11 AM
I remember being thoroughly unimpressed with the first, but that was only because horror movies aren't my thing, even psychological thrillers. But as far as that "found footage" style goes, it was alright. I may go out to see this one if some of my droogs are going out.

Chris
10-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Despite of being a major horror buff, I still haven't seen the first movie. I don't know, I tend to stay away from the "mainstream" flicks, as they are hardly ever as thrilling as some of movies with much smaller budgets. :D

Shorty
10-24-2010, 09:59 PM
PA was made on a fifteen-thousand dollar budget. I'd call that pretty small. Somehow, though, the sequel's budget jumped up to three million.

I generally like the documentary-style films (Blair Witch, Cloverfield, Rec), but I just found the first film absolutely terrible and disappointing after hearing so many good things about it. Maybe you have to see it in theaters or something to get really into it, but it was not for me. I doubt I'll be seeing PA2.

NorthernChaosGod
10-25-2010, 12:15 AM
What do people see in these movies? The first one was just The Blair Witch Project redux. I'll take something like The Shining over this nonsense any day.

fire_of_avalon
10-25-2010, 01:18 AM
The first one made me hide in the shoulder of some guy next to me. He laughed a lot.

I am so seeing this on Tuesday I think!

Jessweeee♪
10-25-2010, 01:21 AM
What do people see in these movies? The first one was just The Blair Witch Project redux. I'll take something like The Shining over this nonsense any day.

You don't enjoy many movies these days, do you? :(

NorthernChaosGod
10-25-2010, 06:15 AM
I enjoy tons of movies, but these low-budget "documentary" horror films bore me. :colbert:

Shiny
10-25-2010, 05:29 PM
PA was made on a fifteen-thousand dollar budget. I'd call that pretty small. Somehow, though, the sequel's budget jumped up to three million.

I generally like the documentary-style films (Blair Witch, Cloverfield, Rec), but I just found the first film absolutely terrible and disappointing after hearing so many good things about it. Maybe you have to see it in theaters or something to get really into it, but it was not for me. I doubt I'll be seeing PA2.

Yeah very small. There have been student thesis films made for more than that. I didn't like the first PA. I wasn't expecting much and even then I felt there was something to be desired. The conflict was introduced right away, so that the whole film centered around. There wasn't room for much surprise because you knew what you were dealing with. I believed that these could be real people, but at the same time I knew they were actors, so I'm not entirely sure if they accomplished what they set out to do. Rec was better.

I'd rather watch Aftermath tbh.

Peegee
10-25-2010, 05:37 PM
I will say that if you have watched PA1 that PA2 forces you to review PA1 from a different angle given more context/history. :D

Jessweeee♪
10-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Uuugh I'm torn. I liked the first one, and I want to watch PA2, but I also could not sleep for a week after watching the first.

Peegee
10-26-2010, 06:08 PM
due it! If anything the last two scares were SO AWESOME

Agrias
10-29-2010, 07:13 AM
It was scarey! :stare:

Rase
10-29-2010, 07:42 AM
I will see this. I want to see it with my friend up in MN, but I won't be there until Thanksgiving and she said she probably couldn't wait that long.

Seraphic
11-03-2010, 03:44 AM
I just saw it today and I thought it was pretty good, but I'm not sure yet if it's on par with the first one.
Where as the first PA gets to the point faster and has a longer period of lesser tension up until the end, the second PA takes nearly 3/4 of the movie to actually get started and then has a shorter period of real intensity.

So it all comes down to whether you want your eggs all in one basket or spread around.