PDA

View Full Version : FF Dissidia vs Soul Calibur! Who With Me?!

TyphoonThaReapa
10-26-2010, 04:44 AM
A'yo, come on people. We all know that this game would probably be the best fighting game to ever exist.

What do you guys think?

Nightmare V.S Garland

Cloud V.S Sigfried

Taki V.S Zidane

Sephiroth V.S Mitsurugi

Warrior of Light V.S Sophitia

Doesn't it sound badass? :cool:

Roto13
10-26-2010, 05:07 AM
No. >_> It sounds ridiculous.

Evastio
10-26-2010, 05:25 AM
I have to agree with Roto, sorry to a spoilsport. The two wouldn't really fuse well, given that Final Fantasy characters are much more fleshed out in terms of personality and character interaction, and as a result, it would be hard to make a story for the game. Also, it would be really hard to come up with a middle ground between Soul Calibur's and Dissidia's fighting styles, seeing how they're vastly different (fusing Soul Calibur's mainly melee fighting style with Dissidia's physics defying fighting style would be really difficult).

black orb
10-26-2010, 11:28 PM
>>> The gameplay is totally different, it would not work.. I would love to see the Soul calibur`s character creation in a Dissidia game though..:luca:

Depression Moon
10-27-2010, 01:12 AM
I think y'all are a bit shallow minded. It could just adapt to the style of one game or it could play differently from both games.

TyphoonThaReapa
10-27-2010, 01:43 AM
I think y'all are a bit shallow minded. It could just adapt to the style of one game or it could play differently from both games.

Thank you!

A'yo, Roto and Evasto are party poopers running all the bitches (Analogy for good ideas) away! :colbert:

Wolf Kanno
10-28-2010, 04:04 AM
I wouldn't see a point, I like FF but I never cared much for SC and both games have sub-par plots to begin with. I figure at best it would be like DC vs Mortal Kombat but eww....

FF is about spectacle and SC... well I won't go into my thoughts on SC but really, I can't see a way to make this happy for either camp. The only reason MvC worked so well is because Capcom created the Marvel fighting games which was based off of Darkstalkers and the Alpha series engines so it wasn't a stretch for SF fans. CvS generally comes down to which version of the game you played but also worked cause both combat systems are not terribly far from each other structure wise, still its a shame the SNK version never made it to consoles.

Making two versions of the game could work but really its cheaper and more practicle to make one, especially as a new franchise its not guaranteed to be successful cause it will alienate one fan base depending on which version you pick up. SC is a true fighting game where as Dissidia is more like " my first fighting game" on training wheels and the core elements that make either game fun are completely different because Dissidia uses a RPG staple of stats and equipment to garner advantages as opposed to SC which requires pristine reflexes and skill.

SuperMillionaire
10-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I would say that Square Enix characters (as a whole) could fit in with Namco, Capcom, and perhaps even Arc System Works.

Mercen-X
11-19-2010, 10:26 PM
No. I've thought about this before too. I never thought I'd approve of Dissidia's style but it works and is the only way to represent the unreal awesomeness of the characters. The only way to stay true to both games would be to go the route of Monty Oum.

Characters from Final Fantasy could then be pitted against combatants from Soul Edge/Calibur and Tekken (due to being made by the same company and sharing the character Yoshimitsu). The only question here would be where does one draw the line as to what is and isn't Soul Calibur/Tekken. Link, Necrid, & Spawn have cameoed in Soul Calibur. Tekken is crossing fists with Street Fighter. Do we toss Link, Necrid, Spawn and Street Fighters into the fray as well? Obviously the Street Fighters are unnecessary as they can star in their own crossworlds in something like Fantasy Fighter.
But I see no other way in which Link or Necrid or Spawn would end up fighting Final Fantasy characters.
Starkiller, Yoda, and Vader, on the other hand, have the same deal as the Street Fighters. At least Vader has already been featured in a Star Wars fighter called Masters of Teras Kasi (TearAhs KAhsie: a fictional martial art known only to the Emperor's Hand: Arden Lyn) along with several other characters including a Tusken Raider (sand people) named Hoar.

Complete cast of Teras Kasi:
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader (must be unlocked)
Han Solo
Princess Leia Organa
Chewbacca
Arden Lyn
Boba Fett
Stormtrooper (must be unlocked)
Hoar
Thok, a Gamorrean guard
Princess Leia (in Jabba's slave outfit)
Mara Jade (Emperor's Hand)
Jodo Kast (Mandalorian wannabe)

Personally, I'd love to see Final Fantasy characters teaming up to try taking down General Grievous, not to mention pretty much any Sith.
Anyone noticed that in Monty Oum, we've only seen Final Fantasy HEROES? There hasn't been a single villain despite the fact the DOA cast so far includes the good, the bad, and the undecided.

Wolfen
02-23-2011, 07:38 AM
I always thought the guy with the huge sword in Soul Caliber reminded me of Cloud, but that's about it.