PDA

View Full Version : The Force Unleashed II

G13
10-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Midnight release, baby. :D

This game is fucking sweet! If you were a fan of the first you're going to :bou::bou::bou::bou: your pants when you pop this mother in. These visuals are tops and Starkiller is a beast with the dual sabers. I find myself getting more into the flow of combat and trying out combos that I wouldn't have attempted even once in the first.

Who wants it? Who's getting it? Who has it? Discuss! :hyper:

Slothy
10-26-2010, 02:06 PM
I liked the first despite it's multitude of problems. But after playing the demo for the second I just can't justify buying it. Combat felt a bit better, but other than that it was a complete bore for me. Shame too, because I went in wanting to like it.

NorthernChaosGod
10-26-2010, 07:59 PM
I'll definitely be giving it a try, I had a lot of fun with the first one.

Roto13
10-26-2010, 08:09 PM
The first game had fans?

Inferno
10-26-2010, 08:28 PM
I was nicely surprised by the first one ! I thought it was awesome, and the sequel looks totally badass. I'm buying this thing for sure.

LunarWeaver
10-26-2010, 10:11 PM
I enjoyed the first well enough, and I'll play II, though the demo did disappoint me. It seems they listened to no criticisms at all. It was basically the same game all over again. At least what I found decently enjoyable won't be broken, but it won't be up to its potential either.

G13
10-26-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure what level the demo had in it but I've always been under the impression that demos were for finding out how the gameplay was, not to get you hooked on the story. I will say, though, I'm at the end of the second level right now and the story hasn't really pulled me in, but the gameplay is keeping me more than interested.

I was never a fan of the button commands when dealing with bigger enemies but they toned that down it seems. That was really my only beef with the first game. I hate not being able to bring the bosses down in my own way.

Elly
10-27-2010, 02:11 PM
i love the first one, even have the hardcover novel... after seeing the beautifuly rendered commercial for TFUII i have to know, is the PS3 version in true 1080p or is the video output still wattered down because it's a multiconsole release?..

G13
10-27-2010, 02:11 PM
I just beat it. I'm pretty pissed. It's so smurfing short. The story barely picked up any steam. I was under the impression that we would be unveiling the mystery of this character's past, finding out whether or not he really was a clone and all that jazz and helping the rebellion. No such luck.

Dagobah was smurfing ridiculous! The only gameplay on that planet was picking up the Holorons.

The rebellion missions consisted of you leading an assault on Kamino, AND THAT'S IT!

I read a "first few levels" review the other day that spanned about two pages and I realize now that I've finished the game that they spoiled half the smurfing game!

I was talking to someone about it earlier and they were saying how they had heard about a bunch of bugs in the game but the worst thing I experienced was a few tiny ass control panels disappearing if I looked at them at a certain angle. My biggest problems with this game are how short it is, the major lack of a gripping storyline, and, as stupid as it sounds, the fact that I can't see how many goddamn Holocrons are in the level. :mad2:

And as much as I liked the gameplay, it got really stale in the final battle. The description in the objectives menu said to unleash all that you learned on Vader but he smurfing deflects all your Force abilities. Every goddamn one of them, and there's only so many moves in a saber combo! The only other TFU boss I've had trouble with is Kazdan Paratus and he had absolutely nothing on that mothersmurfer. Christ!

Also, the ending was ass. Cliffhangers are nice but that was just... :|

I would say that, now that I've beaten it, this game is a huge waste of money. It has replay value in the gameplay alone but once you finish it you'll probably be so pissed off that you'll want to hide it out of sight for fear that your friends might see that you own such a :bou::bou::bou::bou: game. It would have made more sense, to me, to make it into DLC and save their loyal fans 80 smurfing bucks! :mad2:

smurf smurf mother:bou::bou::bou::bou:ting smurf :mad2::mad2::mad2: Fable III is looking a lot better right now.

Inferno
10-27-2010, 02:31 PM
You... you have beaten the game... already ? :freak:

Roto13
10-27-2010, 03:45 PM
This thread makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

Shoeberto
10-27-2010, 04:13 PM
smurf smurf mother:bou::bou::bou::bou:ting smurf :mad2::mad2::mad2:
I can sympathize with you only because this is how I felt a month ago after finishing Metroid: Other M after starting out incredibly optimistic.

NorthernChaosGod
10-27-2010, 04:35 PM
...you spend eighty dollars on this? :Oo:

G13
10-27-2010, 11:47 PM
You... you have beaten the game... already ? :freak:

Yes. On the Medium difficulty in four and a half hours. There's still Hard and Unleashed but I can only assume those will tack on maybe two or three extra hours.

smurf smurf mother:bou::bou::bou::bou:ting smurf :mad2::mad2::mad2:
I can sympathize with you only because this is how I felt a month ago after finishing Metroid: Other M after starting out incredibly optimistic.

Other M sucked? D: That looked totally rad too!

Honestly, I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in a game. It's like they were riding the shock-wave of success from the first and then forgot to turn on their engines.

...you spend eighty dollars on this? :Oo:

I don't think you realize how much of a Star Wars fanboy I am, Julian. If a Special Edition Star Wars game comes out you can bet your :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty beard I'm gonna fork out the dough.

Bunny
10-27-2010, 11:49 PM
From this thread, I have surmised that Star Wars Special Edition game is another way to say Really Crappy Game That You Should Avoid At All Costs.

G13
10-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Yep. :mad: