PDA

View Full Version : I can spell good now.

Alive-Cat
10-26-2010, 02:05 PM
I'VE NEVER BEEN TOO GREAT AT SPELLING. Good at creative writing, not too good at spelling. Or rather, I can spell normal words fine, and I'm smart enough to know all these big words and what they mean, but not smart enough to actually spell most of them.
Getting to the point, I always copy a post into word to check the spelling, especially if there's longer words in it, so I can correct the spelling and copy it back.
Recently, when I copy things into word NO SPELLING MISTAKES HAVE BEEN COMING UP. :hyper:
This happened to me once, but it turned out my word was just broken and I'd been FLYING BLIND. OMFG. :whimper:
But this time, it's real. :cool:

How's your spelling? Are you actually an good, or like me do you often have to CHECK?

SIDE TOPIC: How many times a day do you use socks?

EDIT: oh yeah actually, some people don't wear socks these days. I wear just trainer socks, so you can't see them, so it looks like I'm not wearing socks. do you? DO YOUR FEET STINK? Do you know anyone who refuses to wear socks and their feets stink?

Clo
10-26-2010, 04:48 PM
You know, you are so efficient, with your two topics in one thread. I approve. HOORAY FOR EFFICIENCY, ALIVE-MAN!

Jessweeee♪
10-26-2010, 05:48 PM
My spelling is fine. In elementary school I was always in a class where you got candy for being a good speller, so I tried my hardest!

I wear sandals most of the time, so I rarely wear socks. As far as I know, my feet do not stink, but I don't make a habit of bringing them to my face or asking other people to smell them.

Alive-Cat
10-26-2010, 06:08 PM
You know, you are so efficient, with your two topics in one thread. I approve. HOORAY FOR EFFICIENCY, ALIVE-MAN!

Yes, super-thread-efficiency is now the aim of my game. Every thread I post from now on will have at least two topics.
Oh yeah, well done with your super efficient Courier New font. :greenie:

but I don't make a habit of bringing them to my face or asking other people to smell them.

That, I think, is my biggest downfall. :(

Vermachtnis
10-26-2010, 06:48 PM
That should be spell well. :colbert:

Alive-Cat
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
That should be spell well. :colbert:

This thread is about spelling, not grammar! I only forgive you because I love you. :greenie:

Bunny
10-26-2010, 07:02 PM
My spelling is atrocious and I always wear socks.

Chloe.
10-26-2010, 07:08 PM
My spelling has always been rather good I think, I get the odd word that I find difficult but other than that it's fine.

I only wear socks when I wear boots and that kind of thing, or if I'm at home and my feet are cold :(

Alive-Cat
10-26-2010, 07:19 PM
My feet are cold RIGHT NOW.

NorthernChaosGod
10-26-2010, 07:33 PM
My spelling is fairly up to standard.

I always wear socks, sometimes two pairs in a day. (I change my socks after the gym).

Clo
10-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Oh yeah, well done with your super efficient Courier New font. :greenie:

I switched it on accident. :(

Bunny
10-26-2010, 07:36 PM
My spelling is fairly up to standard.

Unfortunately, it's California standard.

NorthernChaosGod
10-26-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm going to punch you in the foot.

Clo
10-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Also, I hate socks! Especially in the winter, because when you put on boots and you're walking through the snow, sometimes your socks will slide down your ankle, even if they're ankle socks, and you can't fix them because you can't fit your hand in your boot and THERE IS NO WINNING WITH SOCKS, MAN.

NorthernChaosGod
10-26-2010, 07:50 PM
:Oo: Buy better socks. My socks never move far enough to be a problem, especially my ankle socks.

Clo
10-26-2010, 07:51 PM
But I have tiny teaspoon feet. :cry:

NorthernChaosGod
10-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm sorry. :( Do girl socks come in one "size" to accommodate most feet too?

Peegee
10-26-2010, 08:35 PM
I talk good English you.

According to my adamant opinion and evinced by many arguments with Allie, English is a context-driven language. This means that grammar and spelling rules are not necessary as long as the context and the meaning of what needs to be conveyed is successful.

For example you all know what the first sentence means.

fro eamxepl yuo lal kwon waht teh frsit stenneec maens.

Raistlin
10-26-2010, 08:42 PM
I have pretty good spelling, and I never wear socks unless I have to. I wear sandals year-round except for work or when it's too cold/wet.

fire_of_avalon
10-27-2010, 03:08 AM
I used to spell well. Then I stopped writing as much and now I'm mediocre at best. I haven't misspelled anything in this post, though. Yet.

I do like socks when my feet are cold but I wear as little on my feet as possible at all times. In the summer-time I take my shoes off when I get to my car and I don't put them back on until I go back to work or another place that won't let me in without shoes.