PDA

View Full Version : Drinks: Diet or Regular?

Shorty
10-27-2010, 08:29 PM
The soda machine at my office is purely filled with diet soda. I don't drink soda very often, but when I'm in the mood, I really don't want to have to decide between a diet Coke or a diet Dr. Pepper. I can't stand the taste of aspertame.

Do you prefer regular soda or diet soda? Do you not care about which you drink, or can you not taste the difference?

Pheesh
10-27-2010, 08:46 PM
I can taste the difference, because diet soda tastes like someone stuck crushed ants and urine in it.

Normal people drink normal soda.

Rodarian
10-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Regular....Diet tastes funny :ick:

Nodded Emu
10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
I suppose you could say that diet tastes Fishy.

Hang on ...

... can't think

I prefer ..... Nest-cafe? Yeah! HAW HAW.

Clo
10-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Diet drinks, any diet drink, gives me a headache. I don't know why. :confused:

Ashi
10-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I dislike the taste of diet soda, therefore I do not drink any soda!

But when I go get a latte or something, I always ask for skimmed milk.:confused:

Chloe.
10-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I definitely prefer regular, but I'll drink diet if it's all that's there.

escobert
10-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't really drink much soda but regular if I do.

Vermachtnis
10-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Regular, I don't care what the commercials say. I won't believe in a good tasting Diet Soda.

Inferno
10-27-2010, 09:36 PM

On a second note, NEVER replace Heinz Ketchup with another brand.

Roto13
10-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Diet cola is NASTY.

I don't mind stuff like diet root beer or diet Sprite though.

By clicking this spoiler you acknowledge that "soda" is for assholes and "pop" is for people who don't suck.

Madame Adequate
10-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Real. Fake soda tastes vile.

Peegee
10-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Depends. I hate diet coke but I love coke zero. I can't stand diet pepsi or pepsi clear or whatever, though.

escobert
10-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Diet cola is NASTY.

I don't mind stuff like diet root beer or diet Sprite though.

By clicking this spoiler you acknowledge that "soda" is for assholes and "pop" is for people who don't suck.
Ew only gross people call it pop!

Chris
10-27-2010, 10:10 PM
I only drink Coke Zero and Pepsi Max, both of which taste great. There is simply too much sugar in a regular soda.

Breine
10-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't really care. I can taste the difference, sure, but I like both. Diet or not.

Also, the diet versions of Sprite and Fanta almost taste like their non-diet partners.

kotora
10-27-2010, 10:16 PM
lol @ "diet" drinks and people who drink them because they think it's gonna make them thinner

Rye
10-27-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't really drink soda in general. I do like this lemonade I buy though that has 5 calories a glass, but still tapes immensely fantastic.

Apparently, drinking diet to lose weight is actually bad, because you end up gaining more because the meals that accompany the diet drink are worse? I read this somewhere.

Madame Adequate
10-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Apparently, drinking diet to lose weight is actually bad, because you end up gaining more because the meals that accompany the diet drink are worse? I read this somewhere.

Yeah, when people get a diet soda they think it's so healthy that they have even less regard for whatever else they're ordering, so they oftentimes end up worse off.

Seraphic
10-28-2010, 12:10 AM
I almost always drink diet soda, and if not then I mix my regular soda with diet.

Regular soda is just too sweet for me so I need the diet in my life.I don't really think it's healthy or anything because I've read studies about how drinking a heavy amount of it can lead to stomach cancer or something,but regular soda has high fructose corn syrup so you're screwed either way. Btw, I don't disregard the fat content in everything else I eat because I have something that says diet on it,lol.

rubah
10-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Once you drink it enough, you start to enjoy diet soda on its own terms. I dont' have a problem with it.

Freshman year of college, once I realized how many sodas I was drinking, I made an effort (stu can attest to this!) to go diet as often as possible. It was pretty gross at first, and I won't say I prefer it now. Going back to HFCS is like ambrosia, every time. Hell, it's worth drinking diet soda just for that experience.

But yeah, I'm cool with it. You just can't look at them as the same drink.

Miriel
10-28-2010, 12:25 AM

Diet soda and other foods/drinks with sugar substitutes can lead to weight gain because it throws your body off balance. When you drink soda, the sweetness causes your body to believe that you are consuming calories. When no actual calorie come, you get hungrier, and eat more leading to weight gain. Sugar substitutes have also been linked to a slowdown of your metabolism. And in general aspartame is supposed to be really awful for your body.

If anyone is interested in a healthy sugar substitute without the incredibly harmful side effects of something like aspartame or sucralose, look into Stevia. It's natural and have been used in various countries for years and years but is only just getting to the US because of all sort of political reasons.

Anyway, I hardly ever drink soda anymore. Diet or otherwise.

G13
10-28-2010, 12:34 AM

A man after my own heart.

I don't mind diet but I'd rather have regular. I drink a lot of pop so it all has a special place in my fat, dissolving heart. Except for cream soda. That :bou::bou::bou::bou: is nasty.

Shorty
10-28-2010, 12:37 AM
"Pop" is an action. "Soda" is the correct usage when referring to the beverage.

Rye
10-28-2010, 12:50 AM
I know aspartame is bad, but is sucrolose/Splenda really that bad for you? I've never read any side effects on it =O

G13
10-28-2010, 12:50 AM
If I point at a can of pop and say the word I highly doubt anyone is going to look at me funny and say "What's that?"

I believe the full name of the beverage is "soda pop" and people have climbed too high on a stupid horse that they can't even see where the horse is standing anymore. It goes either way. I've called it pop all my life, probably not gonna change anytime soon.

DMKA
10-28-2010, 12:57 AM
I only drink diet sodas. A lot of people find a 25 year old man drinking Diet Coke a bizarre site, but it happens to be my favorite.

I can't stand regular soda; way too much sugar, to the point that it tastes awful to me. Not to mention that the sheer number of calories is horrifying in a regular soda and my teeth feel like they're going to rot straight out of my head after drinking it.

I remember like three months ago I drank a regular Coke for the first time in probably ten years...I couldn't believe how disgusting it was and how sticky it made my teeth.

Also, the pop/soda argument is incredibly retarded. Especially since we all know "Soda" is correct and "Pop" is for uneducated hillbilly folk. :3

Bunny
10-28-2010, 01:00 AM
but is sucrolose/Splenda really that bad for you?

Yes. Yes it is.

Diet drinks suck.

Rye
10-28-2010, 01:03 AM
But.... I love Splenda. ;;

Shoeberto
10-28-2010, 01:06 AM
It's a weird thing for me, because I don't really like most Coke products aside from Cherry Coke and Diet Coke, and since the former is seldom available, I'll usually go for Diet. With Pepsi products, I'll usually opt for something regular, though.

Bunny
10-28-2010, 01:16 AM

You're going to die of butt cancer.

Shoeberto
10-28-2010, 01:27 AM

Well, don't give her such a negative prognosis without mentioning the treatment - constant application of fresh semen to the butt-cancered area.

I'm looking up prices on the soonest plane tickets I can. I want to be there for you with this.

Bunny
10-28-2010, 01:31 AM
You are such a generous and gentle soul.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2010, 01:47 AM
WTF Stuart.

I don't like diet sodas. But I don't like most sodas period. I drink Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Cherry Coke and very, very, very, very occasionally a Pepsi.

NorthernChaosGod
10-28-2010, 02:32 AM
I prefer regular fucking soda, most diet sodas taste like ass.

I prefer sugar over HFCS, too, when I can get it.

Rye
10-28-2010, 02:36 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Madame Adequate
10-28-2010, 02:37 AM

Well, don't give her such a negative prognosis without mentioning the treatment - constant application of fresh semen to the butt-cancered area.

I'm looking up prices on the soonest plane tickets I can. I want to be there for you with this.

That's okay. I got this. But thank you.

Yar
10-28-2010, 02:44 AM
If you're drinking a sludge-colored sludge, it is no healthier for you if it's diet or regular. You may as well go for broke and drink regular, or just drink water instead.

If you're diabetic, have some other weird condition, or just plain prefer the taste, drinking diet makes sense. Otherwise, you're a fool.

Raistlin
10-28-2010, 02:47 AM
Diet soda is universally gross.

I drink soda on occasion. I used to drink it regularly as a young teenager but stopped when my doctor told me how bad it was for me to have so much.

Shoeberto
10-28-2010, 03:00 AM

That's okay. I got this. But thank you.
Any other ladies got butt cancer? Preferably single? I have a lot of love to give.

DMKA
10-28-2010, 03:45 AM
If you're drinking a sludge-colored sludge, it is no healthier for you if it's diet or regular. You may as well go for broke and drink regular, or just drink water instead.

People on the internet keep saying this because they are delusional and it comforts them because they drink regular 24/7 and don't want to acknowledge that it's the cause of their acne and obesity. Not that I'm accusing you of this, of course.

I suppose diet soda isn't "healthier" per se, because neither of them are by any means healthy for you, but it's certainly no where near as bad for you as that high fructose corn syrupy water with food coloring is.

NorthernChaosGod
10-28-2010, 03:49 AM
Or you could just practice some self-control?

Roto13
10-28-2010, 04:03 AM
Or you could just practice some self-control?

I'm totally in control when I drink Coke.

Shorty
10-28-2010, 04:04 AM
That's what the Coke wants you to think.

NorthernChaosGod
10-28-2010, 04:05 AM
I once had some Coke off a hooker's ass. True story.

Levian
10-28-2010, 04:22 AM
I'm a big fan of water, and not really a fan of carbonated beverages in general, except the occasional coke. So yeah, I'd sooner go for a glass of water than anything diet or any other regular soda which isn't coke. I guess that means I prefer regular over diet!

Diet soda makes me feel like there's an empty hole in my stomach. It makes me hungry. :mad2:

Yar
10-28-2010, 06:24 AM

People on the internet keep saying this because they are delusional and it comforts them because they drink regular 24/7 and don't want to acknowledge that it's the cause of their acne and obesity. Not that I'm accusing you of this, of course.

I suppose diet soda isn't "healthier" per se, because neither of them are by any means healthy for you, but it's certainly no where near as bad for you as that high fructose corn syrupy water with food coloring is.

They both have their own side effects. Of course, everything in moderation. If you're switching out the milk for your Lucky Charms with Mr Pibb, then you're in for health problems.

Let's face it. Drinking a bubbling brown substance can't be healthy for you.

I haven't bought pop for my house in over 2 years. The only time I ever have it is if I'm at a restaurant, and I'm feeling like treating myself. I thought I would miss the taste more than I actually have. Once you get rid of it, it's quite easy to forget.

Rantz
10-28-2010, 09:14 AM
If anyone is interested in a healthy sugar substitute without the incredibly harmful side effects of something like aspartame or sucralose, look into Stevia. It's natural and have been used in various countries for years and years but is only just getting to the US because of all sort of political reasons.

My uncle owns a Stevia company! Stevia is pretty cool because it has like 250x the sweetness concentration of sugar.

Fujiko
10-28-2010, 03:43 PM
I rarely drink soda, but omg never diet. Ew, no. D;

On a second note, NEVER replace Heinz Ketchup with another brand.

Heinz? You should try FELIX ketchup (Swedish brand); it is the best. THE BEST.

Clo
10-28-2010, 07:53 PM
I only drink soda on special occasions, like when I'm eating at a nice place. Or with my Jack Daniels. Other than that, no.

rubah
10-28-2010, 10:29 PM
My uncle owns a Stevia company! Stevia is pretty cool because it has like 250x the sweetness concentration of sugar.
But it's very lame because they always combine it with maltodextrin to sell it because old ladies who bake stuff obviously can't do the math to figure out how many 1/250th teaspoons of stevia you need. The only sweetener I can think of offhand that sold something approaching non-expanded was Equal's aspartame tablets.

Jessweeee♪
10-29-2010, 12:00 AM
It depends on what you're used to really. My grandfather is diabetic, so whenever we visited for the summer we'd only drink diet when we had sodas. It would taste funny at first, but by the time we went back home regular soda would be the funny tasting one.

Jiro
10-29-2010, 09:43 AM
No diet for me bitches, I'm too skinny

Cuchulainn
10-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Pshhh Regular of course. Diet drinks are for pussies and fat girls who're fooling no one but themselves.

Rianoa
10-29-2010, 06:21 PM
I have always drink diet drinks im not too keen on the sugar in regular drinks I may as well eat sugar for the same effect.

I drink regular drinks if there is no Diet coke in the fridge and if there's no caffeine drinks at all then there will be carnage is upon the house. (Caffeine Addict :\)

The Last Illoran
10-29-2010, 06:47 PM
regular :squeeze: diet

regular :shoot: diet

regular :trout: diet

regular :twak: diet

diet :penciltrick: regular

regular :kaofight2: diet

diet :ariel::ursula: regular

CommanderShepard
10-30-2010, 09:37 AM
I've been loving diet drinks lately. Mainly because I decided to drink one. I don't know when was the last time I drank one but whatevers, both will eventually kill you if you over do it :D

Awrini
10-30-2010, 10:28 AM
I could never get past the aftertaste I always find in diet drinks. http://www.211.idaho.gov/images/Mr_YUK2.jpg

Mirage
10-30-2010, 01:02 PM
I have always drink diet drinks im not too keen on the sugar in regular drinks I may as well eat sugar for the same effect.

Not really, sugar doesn't taste like soda.

Anyway, I dislike the taste of most diet drinks. It is probably the taste of aspartame that does it. I am however open to drinks that use other artificial sweeteners.

I try to avoid acidic drinks all together though, for the sake of my teeth.

Awrini
10-30-2010, 06:36 PM
You know, aspartame actually makes me quite ill. So I have to avoid it.

Momiji
10-31-2010, 06:20 AM
I actually prefer diet drinks. I can taste the difference, but I don't mind.

EDIT: what the fuck happened to my name and avatar

Alive-Cat
10-31-2010, 12:29 PM
DIET IS FOR PUSSIES! MAN UP. :nonono:

Mirage
10-31-2010, 12:52 PM
More like fatten up!

NorthernChaosGod
10-31-2010, 06:17 PM
More like fatten up!

Everything in moderation. :p

Clo
10-31-2010, 07:30 PM
The difference can ALWAYS be tasted. I don't even know why they would bother to claim you can't taste the difference.