PDA

View Full Version : Runaway

Shiny
10-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Discuss Kanye West's long ass music video:

Runaway - Long Ass Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7W0DMAx8FY)

Depression Moon
10-27-2010, 11:25 PM
You tricked me Shiny.

leftay
10-27-2010, 11:45 PM
nicki minaj's narration in the beginning...........

Seraphic
10-27-2010, 11:55 PM
I was kinda bored.

I was really bored.

The girls screaming at dinner time was grating as all hell.

Will not see again.

NorthernChaosGod
10-28-2010, 03:10 AM
I thought this was about the Bon Jovi song. :(

I'm not watching a 35 minute video from Kanye West. :colbert:

escobert
10-28-2010, 07:26 PM
They still let him make music? or what he calls music...

Shiny
10-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah the music video, while ambitious is insanely and absurdly too long. It gets boring real fast. He could have ran with the same idea of the Phoenix and then just split it up into parts instead of having one long thing. A lot of parts -- particularly the parts with silence and dialogue were unnecessary and laughable at best. I do like some of the songs he features in there though and there were a few shots where I was like, "Wow that's pretty".

Seraphic
10-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah the music video, while ambitious is insanely and absurdly too long. It gets boring real fast. He could have ran with the same idea of the Phoenix and then just split it up into parts instead of having one long thing. A lot of parts -- particularly the parts with silence and dialogue were unnecessary and laughable at best. I do like some of the songs he features in there though and there were a few shots where I was like, "Wow that's pretty".

I agree, alot of it was just superfluous and unnecessary.
But individual parts were nice, like his breakdown of 'Power' in his house and the actual 'Runaway' part during dinner was nice I guess.
Although the whole palette of the video had that cross-processed feel to it, I never would've guessed the girl was a phoenix until she brought it up. Since she was a foreign element I feel like they could've spiced her up a bit, added some reds and yellows,or even pink to stay in context with the palette of the video, instead of the muted colors she had, although I did like her makeup and hair.
Overall, it's not as epic as he might have thought, it needs a heavy-handed edit.

DMKA
10-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Remember right after Michael Jackson died when he said he was the "new king of pop"? xD

Yeah, I can't stand Kanye West so I'm not watching this, but I am reading the comments (the ones about Satan/Illuminati are particularly amusing) on that video, which I have no doubt are more entertaining than the video itself.

Aurey
10-31-2010, 03:46 PM
nicki minaj's narration in the beginning...........

... is fucking great. I stopped watching after that.

Rye
10-31-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm a closet Nicki Minaj lover, so I loved the beginning.

It's pretty, but I stopped watching after 3 minutes. I don't have the patience.