PDA

View Full Version : Squenix Facebook Games

Roto13
11-02-2010, 12:11 AM
I don't know how long these have been around (probably not very long since they're still in beta) but apparently Squenix has released two Facebook games. Knights of the Crystals (http://apps.facebook.com/knightsofthecrystals/) (an RPG where all of the dungeon crawling and most of the battles take place off screen, for serious) and Chocobo's Crystal Tower (http://apps.facebook.com/chocobos/) (which is about raising Chocobos.)

I'm not particularly impressed by either of them, I have to say. :P

Levian
11-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Off screen dungeon crawler. So something like My Life as a King except without the building a city part perhaps?

Don't think I'll be getting into any facebook games regardless, I prefer my facebook uncluttered. :D I doubt there's any fun games on facebook anyway.

Roto13
11-02-2010, 12:18 AM
There are some pretty cool Facebook games (not that many, but some) but these aren't them. :P

Jessweeee♪
11-02-2010, 01:33 AM
I would expect facebook games made by Square to be on par with this here (http://www.sqexm.com/games.php?id=11&navid=2).

Bastian
11-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Whoa! I hadn't heard of those. I'm gonna give the RPG one a shot. I actually just started playing some super lame FB RPG made by the FB Tetris people. It's... stupid.

But I AM addicted to the two FB Tetris games.

I don't understand why S-E doesn't put some effort into a FB FF game. They could pull an "After Years" and set it after V or VI or something and recycle all the story and graphics but do it almost like an MMO. Could be interesting. I'll give the one they made a shot and report back.

EDIT:
Chocobo breading is boring. But I've never been into that kind of game at all.
Knights of the Crystals COULD have been interesting with a better interface. Had they opted for a more traditional FF interface, it would be kinda fun.

EDIT 2:
Okay... actually I just encountered a boss fight that was pretty old school FF style. Hm. I ran out of Action Points or something, so I can't play any more today. :*(

Roto13
11-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Yeah, you need Action Power to do quests. Apparently you can get some from your friends if they play the game too. It recharges at a rate of 1 point every 5 minutes, otherwise.

I've played Knights of the Crystals a bit more. I'm kind of enjoying the social aspect of it. Only because a few people on my Facebook friends list are playing it anyway so I haven't pestered anyone into playing it. :P It's meant to be played in short bursts. I guess I'll probably go back to it. And maybe I'll give the Chocobo one another chance too.

Roogle
11-02-2010, 06:25 PM
A friend of mine posted about a certain aspect of the Square Enix Facebook application (http://igtenos-rp.livejournal.com/68089.html) that allows you to recruit people without going through the normal process.

Roto13
11-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I've seen a few invitation links from people that let you add them to your guild without friending them. I'd like to know how to generate one of those links for myself, since I have no problem with having strangers in my guild, but I don't want them on my Facebook friends list.

Not that it matters since I've been getting an error all day that doesn't let me play the game at all. :P

Bastian
11-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks, Roto. I've been addicted to the game since you mentioned it. :P Stupid Action Points!

As for the random people in your guild... eh. Doesn't seem fair. Not gonna do it. None of my real friends dig this sort of thing, though, so my guild will aways just be me. :P

Roogle
11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
I suppose that I would be willing to give it a try if it catches on. It sounds like it could be a good way to bond with friends if you really like the same type of thing.

Roto13
11-03-2010, 07:48 PM
I've actually decided to make a Facebook profile just for Facebook games. This way I can add strangers without them being on my regular list, and I don't have to worry about bugging people with game-related wall posts. Here it is (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001779948798), for anyone interested.

Freya
11-05-2010, 05:10 AM
I like the chocobo game. My chocobo and roto's are gettin it on. I also like taking roto's KotC character on my boss fights :D

TyphoonThaReapa
11-06-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm playing the RPG. It reminds me of the Mafia War app. But yeah, it's ok but it'll get boring if it's more like Mafia War then it seems. By the way, you guys an add me to your guilds and friend list as well. Just look me up. I already have Freya. She's pretty strong.

Roto13
11-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I reached a point where I need two of a certain item to do a mission. To get that item, I need to find it as a random drop in a previous mission. I've done that mission like a hundred times and I haven't gotten that item. And since you can only do missions every now and then, I haven't made any progress since the day before yesterday.

So yeah, I'm done with that. :P Not really worth sitting there clicking "accept" over and over and over for no progress.

Bastian
11-13-2010, 06:55 PM
I still click Accept until I've exhausted my Action Points each day, but... I suspect I will stop soon. It got boring.

Roogle
11-15-2010, 06:51 PM
The game is in Beta testing right now, isn't it? What features do they plan to add in the future?

xarabas
11-19-2010, 10:50 PM
A friend of mine posted about a certain aspect of the Square Enix Facebook application (http://igtenos-rp.livejournal.com/68089.html) that allows you to recruit people without going through the normal process.

Can you please explain how to gain advantage of that?
Your friend didn't explain that in his link

Roogle
11-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Yes, I can explain it a little more. Click on the Discussions tab on the Knights of the Crystal application page to see what my friend was talking about.

Silent Warrior
12-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Oh, NOW I discover this... (No, I won't call this necro-ing. :p ) It feels... remarkably weird to play a J-RPG by clicking Accept nearly all the time. Still, I didn't immediately hate it. Let's see where this leads. If anyone wants to stick me in their team or something, send an e-mail at me - I'm not such a frequent guest these days, so PMs may lie forgotten for months on end.

Vyk
12-29-2010, 07:59 PM
I hate games that use that timed point system. Its as if they don't want you to play their game. So I won't. That's why I stopped playing some super hero game on there. Do a couple of missions and have to wait an hour? I'm not a big gamer in general anymore, so its hard enough to find motivation to start a game, let alone being forced to take an intermission all the time. Screw that