PDA

View Full Version : I'm Actually Going To Cry

TyphoonThaReapa
11-04-2010, 10:34 PM
The most amazing thing happened to me today. For five years, I've been searching and I finally found them. You see, I had two friends from New Orleans that I never found after Hurricane Katrina. I searched and I searched but I never found them. I had nightmares about them, I developed attactment issues, and that part of my life never ended. But now I can finally close this chapter of my life and move on. I can finally live on without my mind revisiting the crazy :bou::bou::bou::bou: that happened when Hurricane Katrina hit my home town. I feel so relieved! Finally!

Have you guys ever felt like this before? I actually feel like I got apart of my spirit and my soul back! This is unbelievable! I've been waiting so long for this moment!

Elite Lord Sigma
11-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Good for you. At least they're safe and sound.

As for your question, I'm currently in a similar situation. Maybe one day I'll be able to tell you what that feeling is like for me.

Roto13
11-04-2010, 11:31 PM
If they're so important to you, why didn't they send you a fucking email at some point in the past 5 years? (I'm assuming you tried to contact them at some point.)

Shlup
11-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Why did it take you so long to find them?? Doesn't everyone have a Facebook?

Old Manus
11-05-2010, 01:03 AM
I remember when my house blew away in a hurricane. I thought about rebuilding my life, but checking my emails was too important.

Depression Moon
11-05-2010, 03:10 AM
That is very good news to hear. Miracles happen every once in a while.

Rodarian
11-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Why did it take you so long to find them?? Doesn't everyone have a Facebook?

This....But in all seriousness I'm glad things panned out for the better...Wow its been five years since Katrina....

TyphoonThaReapa
11-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Lol, I did search for them on the internet, but I didn't know their last names and before katrina we never exchanged emails and numbers because we wasn't thinking of doing so. I assume, they didn't know my last name either because, if so, they would have found me a long time ago. I even went back to New Orleans to search for them, but didn't find them. But now, that's all old news thank goodness lol.

Roto13
11-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I know the last names of everyone I give a :bou::bou::bou::bou: about. :P

TyphoonThaReapa
11-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Lol, shut the smurf up Roto! :roll2

Shlup
11-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Seriously, how do you call anyone a "friend" if you don't know their last name?? I'm having trouble thinking of anyone I know who I don't know their last name. xD

I love you, Reapa.

Madame Adequate
11-05-2010, 10:17 PM
You're all meanies! I'm glad you found your friends and that they're safe :kaolove:

NorthernChaosGod
11-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Seriously, how do you call anyone a "friend" if you don't know their last name?? I'm having trouble thinking of anyone I know who I don't know their last name. xD

What about being friends with Seal? :p

Peegee
11-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Losing track of people you actually give a pork about is pretty odd. I know somebody from Iowa who was always deeply depressed and spoke about suicide. Anyway the only link I have to him is his dA (lol) page which has not been active in many years, and ended with many blag posts about how life sucks and etc etc

Note I never called him a friend. I actually kept encouraging him to commit suicide and told him many ways he could get it done pain free.

I'm just saying.

Depression Moon
11-06-2010, 02:03 AM
That doesn't sound too helpful you should be trying to help people rather than egg them on seems malevolent.

kotora
11-06-2010, 02:07 AM
If that's what he wanted then it's actually pretty helpful what PG did. I mean what if he chose a horrible painful way to do it.

Shlup
11-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Anyone who listens to what PG says deserves what they get.

drotato
11-06-2010, 02:08 AM
HAH, you dun know my last name Shlup! >=D

EDIT: And OHMYGOD PG, that's horrible!!

TyphoonThaReapa
11-06-2010, 09:27 AM
A'yo, what the hell Slup? Must I scold you like I did Roto dammit? Lol, and PG, how admirably friendly of you. But this is all besides the point! This is the reuniting of three friends who kick so much ass with creativity, FF series don't have :bou::bou::bou::bou: on us! We demand respect bitches! :cool:

Shlup
11-06-2010, 11:21 AM
But I don't know you either. I only assume I know your first name.

A'yo, what the hell Slup? Must I scold you like I did Roto dammit?
Yes.

TyphoonThaReapa
11-07-2010, 04:40 AM
But I don't know you either. I only assume I know your first name.

A'yo, what the hell Slup? Must I scold you like I did Roto dammit?
Yes.

Dammit Shlup! Stop doing that in my threads! :mad2:

Fuzakeru
11-07-2010, 08:36 AM
More amazing than Katrina happening that long ago is that there is still so much work left to do to restore things to a pre-Katrina order.

I kinda understand. I mean, there were people I didn't hear from after the storm, that I knew fairly well in High School or previous jobs, till a year or so later and the relief I felt knowing they were alright was great. As far as my dearest friends and family? ...yeah. Going so long without knowing would have been awful.

Roto13
11-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Why did they build a city in a bowl anyway?

Laddy
11-08-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm going to be nice and said I'm very happy for Reapa and wish him all the best. Hope you can repair what you missed out on.

TyphoonThaReapa
11-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Why did they build a city in a bowl anyway?

Lol, to place the poorest people in the nation there so they an drown from a storm?

And thank you Laddy! Roto and Slup are heartless bastards that show no kind of respect! RESPECT DAMMIT! DON'T MAKE ME SING THE SONG!

Roto13
11-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Oh, I feel so hurt. I'm going to go visit my BFF, that guy who hangs around the Starbucks around the corner from my apartment sometimes. Without him, my life means nothing.