PDA

View Full Version : Hair

Bunny
11-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I just got my haircut.

I think I look like a douchebag. My ex-girlfriend thinks I look "adorable".

When is the last time you got a haircut? And do you have a specific person you get your haircut from? And how often do you get your hair cut? And do you like getting your hair cut? And are the prices of haircuts obscene or is it just me? And what are your opinions on the tip line after paying for your haircut?

Rye
11-06-2010, 12:14 AM
I got a haircut about two weeks ago, I think.

I've had the same person doing my hair for years.

I don't get my hair cut enough. Maybe once a month or two?

I love getting hair cuts.

The place I go to charges $60 a haircut, but I get a 50% discount since I'm a student.

I tip decently if I like the person. Anywhere between $6-10 dollars.

Roto13
11-06-2010, 12:14 AM
You can generally find places that will cut your hair for pretty cheap. They're probably not the best place to go if you want anything fancy, but whatever.

I haven't had a haircut since January. I got it cut really short so I could put off getting it cut again for a while. Once it got a certain length, I started slicking it back and I looked like a total badass. Now it's too long even for that. I need to get another one soon.

kotora
11-06-2010, 01:15 AM
I cut my own hair. Now I'm waiting for my mullet to regrow because mullets are awesome.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
11-06-2010, 01:22 AM
I haven't had my hair cut in around 6 months. I need it despertaley though. I dye my hair a lot and I'm afraid it's taking a toll on my hair. I don't have a certain place to get it done. I just go whatever is closest. And Since I've always had long hair if they mess it up, which has never happened, I can just get it cut again. I hate how I can never make it look like they did it though. :(

Shlup
11-06-2010, 01:24 AM
I get my hair cut about once a year, after it's grown ten inches, so I can donate it. I've gone to the same chick the last two years. She does really nice, natural-looking long layers. I pay way too much for my hair, but it's BJ's favorite feature of mine, so I try to take good care of it.

BJ gets his haircut every two or three weeks. He goes to one of the cheap places, and usually goes to the same person. He used to let it grow pretty scraggly and long, which was cute 'cause it would curl around his ears, but now he doesn't have enough on top to do that, so he keeps it really short.

Freya
11-06-2010, 01:41 AM
There isn't much you can do with my hair so I don't get it cut too often. I take really good care of it just trying to defrizz it so I don't have split ends too often. once maybe every 6 months MAYBE?

Madame Adequate
11-06-2010, 01:42 AM
I think I look like a douchebag. My ex-girlfriend thinks I look "adorable".

This sounds like my life, if you remove the "ex" part :colbert:

I get my haircut every few months. I tend to let it grow fairly long, though I'm not going back to having LONG long hair. I hate haircuts (Though I like the hair washing part because nice strong hands giving a scalp massage mmmm), I don't care who does them, they are ridiculously priced, and I don't understand why on earth you would tip a hairdresser but apparently you do? I dunno, can other Eng people give input, I just do what Rye tells me because she's scary.

Roto13
11-06-2010, 01:42 AM
When I donated my hair to charity, they cut it for free. I have boy hair, though, and girl hair is different.

Clo
11-06-2010, 02:18 AM
I get my haircut every three months. I used to always go this one lady I knew at a salon who gave me discounts, but then I moved! Ugh. I've only had one hair cut since, to put in more layers.

When I had boy-hair, I got my hair cut once a month. It was a pain in the dick. It's the only thing I disliked about short hair. It's why I grew it out after two years. Now I've had long-ish hair for three years! Weird.

Raistlin
11-06-2010, 03:05 AM
I cut my own hair short every couple of months, so I don't have to think about it for another couple of months.

blackmage_nuke
11-06-2010, 03:09 AM
I havent gotten a haircut in 2 years, I cut my own hair a few months back and thought it looked weird but no one noticed i cut my hair so i couldnt have done that bad a job

NorthernChaosGod
11-06-2010, 03:16 AM
I've been cutting my own hair for like three years now.

Jessweeee♪
11-06-2010, 03:41 AM
I used to just cut it every 1-3 years, but I'm planning on cutting it more often as soon as I get a job. My hair just looks terrible from the back, and I think the only thing I can do about that is to keep a fresh cut.

escobert
11-06-2010, 04:17 AM
I cut my hair once a week. I likes it nice and short :D

~*~Celes~*~
11-06-2010, 06:01 AM
i haven't had my hair actually CUT in about a year, haven't had a trim since june, and it shows.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/celeschere08/Picture279.jpg

excuse the messiness of the hair, rough day at work and I'm way too tired to brush it xD

Rodarian
11-06-2010, 08:46 AM
I got a haircut a few days back....I usually let my hair grow for an indefinite period...But its been growing a lot slower these days, a sign of aging.

I usually head to a mid priced salon to get my locks clipped. So there you have it.... I do miss my long locks of my youth....

Shiny
11-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Well, I'm getting a Brazilian done in a few hours. Contemplating whether I'm going to get it cut this time around. It might end up happening whether I want it or not because the people at this place my mom takes me to thinks a slight trim means hacking off all of your hair.

Bunny
11-06-2010, 09:16 AM
This sounds like my life, if you remove the "ex" part

I didn't actually break up with her but there was an icy glare involved and a threat to remove her from my car while driving on the interstate.

If I don't cut my hair after two weeks, it's too long. My bangs are in my eyes, sides cover my ears, and the back is almost down to my shoulders. You lucky bastards and your short growth or high tolerance for long hair.

Also for the guys of this forum:

Do you find it a little awkward and/or feel like a creep when the stylist or what have you positions herself so you are more or less staring directly at her tits the entire time?

NorthernChaosGod
11-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Do you find it a little awkward and/or feel like a creep when the stylist or what have you positions herself so you are more or less staring directly at her tits the entire time?
Only awkward if the girl cutting my hair wasn't hot, which happened about half the time. :|

Alive-Cat
11-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Haven't had my hair cut at an actual hairdressers in years, I always cut it myself. I have short back and sides and a longish top/fringe. I get my friend to use clippers on the back. I just trim everything else with scissors.

AnimeJunkie5219
11-06-2010, 01:19 PM
A 6 months ago and my girlfriend said i look cute and adorable i thought i looked retarded cause the left side was longer then the right side

Old Manus
11-06-2010, 07:05 PM
I don't think any of you have girlfriends. Enjoy your parents complaining about your scraggly hair.

Madame Adequate
11-06-2010, 07:21 PM

I have never once in my life had this happen for even one second, nevermind for an entire haircut.

Rantz
11-06-2010, 07:31 PM

I have never once in my life had this happen for even one second, nevermind for an entire haircut.

The one time I've been cut by a hairdresser it happened to me, although only like half of the time. I usually cut my own hair, but recently I'm considering keeping it medium to long more consistently, in which case I'll need more professional cuts, because it feels a lot better, and also so I don't look like a:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/ManWhore.jpg

fire_of_avalon
11-07-2010, 01:24 AM
I had a professional hair cut about a year ago and that's about as often as I can tolerate it. I had her shape it with layers and it was cute. Then I missed my long hair so I just let it grow like kudzu again and it's past my shoulder blades. I'm eventually going to get it trimmed to control the damaged ends so it will grow mega long. I want to have it hip length again before I go crazy.

Elskidor
11-07-2010, 01:45 AM
I cut mine every couple months or so. I figure professionals charge way too much, and probably go a lot slower, so I don't bother with them.

rubah
11-07-2010, 02:44 AM
I've been cutting my own hair lately. The last time, I got bored and half assed it, and so I've been waiting for it to grow out so I can get a Pro to cut it.

Inferno
11-07-2010, 02:50 AM
My girlfriends always did that, but now that I'm single, I'll have to go back to my mom. Clipper, zip-zip, I mean... why would I pay for this ?

xobx
11-07-2010, 12:39 PM
I got my haircut yesterday.

Rodarian
11-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Well, I'm getting a Brazilian wax done

fix'd xD

Rebellious Eagle
11-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Well, I cut my hair once maybe every few months, and by cut I mean trim. I like keeping my locks long, and so the only reason I even bother to trim them would be to get rid of split ends.
17" and counting. =D

Shiny
11-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Well, I'm getting a Brazilian wax done

fix'd xD

Ew, no. I don't want wax near or on my vagina. I will also say don't get the Brazilian straightner. The chemicals were horrible. Burnt my eyes and made my throat sore. I probably should have researched this more thoroughly before going, but my mom and my sister's hair seemed to come out fine so I dunno. I just hope all my hair doesn't fall out from it like I hear of some people's.

Shoeberto
11-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I could use a haircut. I have trouble finding people who understand what I'm looking for. Basically I want it to not look like crazy man hair. Some places I've been to either take that as "SHAVE IT ALL OFF" or "one snip, two snip, you're done!" Unfortunately my barber back home is pretty close to retirement so I'm having to look around right now for someone who doesn't butcher it :(

Roto13
11-07-2010, 07:27 PM
I could use a haircut. I have trouble finding people who understand what I'm looking for. Basically I want it to not look like crazy man hair. Some places I've been to either take that as "SHAVE IT ALL OFF" or "one snip, two snip, you're done!" Unfortunately my barber back home is pretty close to retirement so I'm having to look around right now for someone who doesn't butcher it :(

I suck at describing what I want my hair to look like so last time I got it cut I put a picture of myself with my hair the right away on my PSP and just said "Make me look like this again." The barber seemed to like that. :P

Breine
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I haven't had my hair cut, trimmed or anything else in 13 months now. For the last couple of years I've only cut my hair once a year. When it's gotten too long, I've taken the whole thing off with a hair trimmer. It's worked out really well that way, and it's free!

Depression Moon
11-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Every 1 or 2 months for me. It's not really allowed to have a lot of hair if I want a job.

Laddy
11-08-2010, 12:53 AM
*refrains from posting*

Nevermore
11-08-2010, 03:58 AM
I never cut my hair. Hasn't been cut since I was 14 or so. I've got this pretty Ragitty Anne :bou::bou::bou::bou: goin on here. Looks decent if I make an effort, but I usually don't.

Fuzakeru
11-08-2010, 04:54 PM
There's a beauty college down the road from me and they charge $6.00 for a wash, cut, and style.

I like the atmosphere. There's like 30-40 students talking and I normally get really, really friendly people that I enjoy conversing with. If they're nice and good at what they do I always make a point to call the top dog there and give them a detailed report of how awesome that person is.

It's about that time to get a cut again now actually. Yay! The feeling of someone else washing my hair is sooooo relaxing.

Peegee
11-08-2010, 05:37 PM
I've had my hair cut at the same place for 16 years, except when I was out of town during university. When I was in Barrie I drove down to Markham to get a hair cut because the local people/places are idiots.

Usually I get a trim on the top so it doesn't get too thick and the sides cut with a #2

My last haircut was a couple weekends ago. I got the hair cut rather short, so it's growing long time again~~~

Shorty
11-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I used to go to the same stylist for about two years, but I moved away from the salon and went less and less frequently because of the distance and because she charged $45 a cut.

A few months ago I was cutting my bangs and really smurfed them up, so I went down the street to a cheap little Great Clips. The stylist there gave me just as good of a haircut as my old stylist for only $12. I was very impressed.

I usually leave about a $5 tip.