PDA

View Full Version : ~Let's Talk Fashion~ NO BOYS ALLOWED

Laddy
11-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Okay, so what brands and styles do you like? Fav designers?

I'm suddenly getting all in Japanese and British fashions. In fact, I'm in the process of ordering some right now and hope to make my choices soon. ;D

I'm going to try and get some Armani products soon, but it's Armani.

I'm sort of in love with Express right now. Memphis lacks a lot of decent stores and boutiques, but Lux is a local one I love, and Banana Republic is gorwing on me.

Winter's coming up so I'm getting excited to go shopping soon! :3

Discuss fashion.

Psychotic
11-08-2010, 01:12 AM
You're a boy.

Laddy
11-08-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm a man.

Rye
11-08-2010, 01:14 AM
:lol:

Lately, I've been all over accessories from small boutiques or handmade jewelry/accessory makers on Etsy. As for outfits, I've been NY&Co and Forever 21 for the most part. :3

Laddy
11-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Forever 21 is a very, very nice store indeed. I always take my friends there when they need to look pretty. NYC&Co is also very nice but not as many Memphinians wear it.

kotora
11-08-2010, 01:25 AM
as of recently I intend to suit up at least once a week. Once I can afford it I'm gonna wear a suit every day of the week. Suits are awesome.

Laddy
11-08-2010, 01:32 AM
A good suit can make you, another reason I like Armaniiiii~.

kotora
11-08-2010, 01:37 AM
My current good suit is by Hugo Boss. Though tbh I can't really tell the difference between this one and the other cheap suit I have, other than it feels more expensive. Then again I guess it takes time to become a true suit connaisseur.

Laddy
11-08-2010, 01:55 AM
Yeah. the more you wear them the more clear the difference comes. Hugo Boss makes nice suits, I might look into them for Prom.

Seraphic
11-08-2010, 02:29 AM
Ahh designers :3

I'm partial to Vivienne Westwood,Comme des Garcons and Chanel for ready made stuff, but then I love to just gawk at the high fashion stuff of Alexander McQueen and Gareth Pugh. There's this Vivienne Westwood mohair sweater that I've been dying to have,but alas, I live in Florida and it's kind of pointless,lol.
As far as actual stores, I was really into Urban Outfitters and Forever 21's sister store Heritage, but they never have anything I like anymore.
They are gonna start opening H&M stores down here finally, so we'll see if they are as good as the New York ones.

Jessweeee♪
11-08-2010, 02:34 AM
I like the clothes in Forever 21 but everybody who works there is an absolute bitch. At least at the mall in my hometown. They give me really mean looks when I go in :(

I really like coats and boots. If I had crazy money to buy dozens more than I needed then I'd have an entire closet dedicated to them.

EDIT:

I thought Memphis was a large city? Maybe you should look around some more!

Bunny
11-08-2010, 03:43 AM
I'm about as fashionable as white after Labor Day.

NorthernChaosGod
11-08-2010, 04:00 AM
I'm a man.

You're not even legal.

Shlup
11-08-2010, 04:32 AM
I like Target.

Madame Adequate
11-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Uh yeah I guess I bother to wear clothes. Most days.

Miriel
11-08-2010, 06:02 AM
I love forever 21 and their cheapass knock off clothes. It gets the job done. I also love J Crew and Anthropologie. There's a lot of high end design houses whose work I admire, but I don't own a single high end/couture thing. I will get my hands on a Chanel bag one day though.

NorthernChaosGod
11-08-2010, 06:14 AM
I buy clothes from wherever I want.

Shiny
11-08-2010, 06:42 AM
I like Forever 21 too. I was browsing their website, but I only own like one thing from them. I mainly shop all over really. The malls around me have all those stores. I like affordable clothes, but I'm willing to spend a few extra bucks for things that I know I will wear a lot like coats, jeans, sweaters, and boots. My clothes shopping taste can range from Walmart to Prada.

Rodarian
11-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Since I am in business of Apparel I'll let you guys know whom some of my company's clients are

ZARA

PULL AND BEAR

PAPER DENIM & CLOTH

OLD NAVY

H&M

TDM

SAMURAI JEANS

JEAN COMB JEAN

ENYCE

MECCA

etc and etc

And how the clothes I wear are mostly European in style and taste with a flavor of Japanese

I have a whole range of clothing brands...From the inexpensive to my Issey's and Armani's ..Icebergs to Diesels....

Of course when I'm at home I dress like a hobo!! ^_^

Bunny
11-08-2010, 08:38 AM
SAMURAI JEANS

SAMURAI DO NOT WEAR JEANS

THIS IS VERY UPSETTING TO ME

FIX IT, ROD.

Alive-Cat
11-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm going to rebel against your sick, facist 'no boys allowed' regime, Laddy, and post in this thread! :mad2:
In the indie music scene I'm a part of, a lot of people look REALLY similar. Like with all styles of people. I think mostly everyone buys their clothes from places like topman, so I've taken to only wearing random skateboarding brands of t-shirts and hardcore t-shirts (t-shirts with hardcore bands on them.) :p I like dressing in the style but messing with it.
Jacket wise I usually wear sports jackets, Adidas, Fred Perry, whatever. I like it because my tight jeans and plimsolls and stuff is contrasted with the good old sporty coats.

Rodarian
11-08-2010, 09:20 AM
SAMURAI JEANS

SAMURAI DO NOT WEAR JEANS

THIS IS VERY UPSETTING TO ME

FIX IT, ROD.

Tell it to the Japanese Bunny Hunny SAMURAI JEANS-サムライジーンズ (http://www.samurai-j.com/)

G13
11-08-2010, 09:24 AM
I was always told to dress for the job I wanted. That's why I dress like a bum. The beard has been helping tons.

Mo-Nercy
11-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I only really care about brands when it comes to sneakers. Adidas, Converse and K-Swiss are my favourites and dominate the collection. I've got some Lacostes, Nikes and Reeboks too.

Whatever I wear on any given day depends on the shoes I want to wear.

Fuzakeru
11-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I like Target.

I second this. I can't fathom spending a ton of money on clothing that isn't for a special occasion. If it looks good - it looks good.

On items that will last me a long, long time I can bother with extra funding but those items I normally get as presents cause people know I'm cheap frugal. Example, I just got a pair of polarized Maui Jim's for my birthday with the Big Beach frames. Found out they were $350-ish afterwards. I'd NEVER spend that much on sunglasses even if they are incredibly nice!

Peegee
11-08-2010, 05:14 PM
mulitple layers leading to a slick look is always nice. For men, always have tailored jackets, and if they can afford it, tailored shirts (I settle for smaller shirts which have a better fit for my frame; 1.7:1 shoulder to hip ratio is annoying)

lol this guy is azn

http://finestitch.com.au/style-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/what-a-difference-a-tailored-suit-makes.jpg

See the difference between tailored suit though? It's brilliant. My next jacket / suit will be tailored and it will be glorious.

Alternatively more urban but stylish looks can be achieved through the use of jeans and jacket combos. For women, accessories ftw.

NorthernChaosGod
11-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't wear anything from any of your clients, Rod.

I was always told to dress for the job I wanted. That's why I dress like a bum. The beard has been helping tons.

Haha. I'm surprised this post wasn't made earlier.

Rye
11-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Pull and Bear is AMAZING. Too bad there aren't in America.

I love Anthropologie, but I have a hard time justifying the prices most of the time.

escobert
11-09-2010, 12:02 AM
The only thing I really look for is hats shoes and hoodies. Otherwise I just get whatever feels good for shirts and pants. I usually just get plain black/grey/white/blue shirts and for pants almost always Jeans.

nik0tine
11-09-2010, 12:24 AM
The shirt I am wearing right now has holes in the back.

Miss_Lulu
11-09-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm really really cheap when it comes to buying clothes. I don't like spending a lot of money on pants because my size is constantly going up and down, so most of the time when I have money I end up buying shirts and I have so many of them, that I really need to stop doing that.
I'm wayyyy to cheap to buy my own winter jacket, so I'm still wearing the one Julian bought me last year for Christmas. :)

I usually shop at Forever21, Delias, Alloy, Wet Seal, and Macy's. I LOVE Macy's. :)

Peegee
11-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm really really cheap when it comes to buying clothes. I don't like spending a lot of money on pants because my size is constantly going up and down, so most of the time when I have money I end up buying shirts and I have so many of them, that I really need to stop doing that.
I'm wayyyy to cheap to buy my own winter jacket, so I'm still wearing the one Julian bought me last year for Christmas. :)

I usually shop at Forever21, Delias, Alloy, Wet Seal, and Macy's. I LOVE Macy's. :)

lulullululul <3333333 you are online!

NorthernChaosGod
11-09-2010, 11:11 PM

You better be! It's a nice coat, it's not just for one winter. :colbert:

Shiny
11-10-2010, 03:59 AM
mulitple layers leading to a slick look is always nice. For men, always have tailored jackets, and if they can afford it, tailored shirts (I settle for smaller shirts which have a better fit for my frame; 1.7:1 shoulder to hip ratio is annoying)

lol this guy is azn

http://finestitch.com.au/style-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/what-a-difference-a-tailored-suit-makes.jpg

See the difference between tailored suit though? It's brilliant. My next jacket / suit will be tailored and it will be glorious.

Alternatively more urban but stylish looks can be achieved through the use of jeans and jacket combos. For women, accessories ftw.
I like to wear tailored men's blazers, but technically not really men's blazers because they don't have the super wide shoulder room.

Bunny
11-10-2010, 04:06 AM

Future investments?

NorthernChaosGod
11-10-2010, 07:33 AM

Future investments?
Sure, we'll go with that.

Peegee
11-10-2010, 09:59 PM
we should just all be naked.

NorthernChaosGod
11-11-2010, 01:49 AM
You'd like that, wouldn't you, PG?

Rodarian
11-11-2010, 06:26 AM
PG you've made snow angels while you were naked, didn't you .... :colbert:

Chris
11-11-2010, 11:58 AM
I hate fashion, and people who constantly fuss about it, annoy me to no end. Personally I have yet to find that the right brand of clothes can do anyone any good, and only damage your finances.

I had a terror-filled childhood, as my parents forced me to wear fancy clothes, but I hated every minute of it. As for me, as long as it looks reasonably good, I don't care where it came from. :|

Rye
11-11-2010, 01:40 PM
I need to go shopping for a new set of jeans. I've finally lost enough weight that I dropped another size. I think I'm finally back into my college freshman size of jeans. I can't wait until I have a little more money so that I can feel really proud of my weight loss efforts and buy new jeans. ;o~

I bought the cutest high-waisted hounds-tooth shorts from F21 and I actually don't look disgusting in them! And I was able to buy them in a size medium. In a teen store. I don't remember being able to do that even when I was a teen. It was the highpoint of my week! This is totally motivating me to work out more.

G13
11-11-2010, 01:44 PM

You have the strangest imagination.

KentaRawr!
11-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Oh man, I NEED this thread. I'm so lacking in style it's not even funny. Like, I have two outfits that I really like, and the rest is like "Ugh, it's clean." What's funny is that I can say I have a pair of shoes for all of my outfits. Except, I guess I kinda sorta have three. You see, I have this blue button-up shirt that I wear with some beige khaki pants and a pair of brown crocs. I also have a white button-up shirt that I wear with some blue jeans, and I wear the crocs with those, too. But that second one is strictly for school. The third outfit is one my friend's girlfriend helped me pick out, but sadly, we ended up getting pants that are too big. It's a blue hoodie, of various hues of blue, and some black jeans with some black and blue tennis shoes. I really like that one! I need more styles like that. It's like, "Hey, I'm a nerd, and I wear baggy clothes with smart color combinations". BAM. Perfect.

... But I shop at Wal-Mart. :[

NorthernChaosGod
11-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Oh man, I NEED this thread. I'm so lacking in style it's not even funny. Like, I have two outfits that I really like, and the rest is like "Ugh, it's clean." What's funny is that I can say I have a pair of shoes for all of my outfits. Except, I guess I kinda sorta have three. You see, I have this blue button-up shirt that I wear with some beige khaki pants and a pair of brown crocs. I also have a white button-up shirt that I wear with some blue jeans, and I wear the crocs with those, too. But that second one is strictly for school. The third outfit is one my friend's girlfriend helped me pick out, but sadly, we ended up getting pants that are too big. It's a blue hoodie, of various hues of blue, and some black jeans with some black and blue tennis shoes. I really like that one! I need more styles like that. It's like, "Hey, I'm a nerd, and I wear baggy clothes with smart color combinations". BAM. Perfect.

Yeah, you do need this thread.

Shoeberto
11-11-2010, 06:48 PM
I have a decent sense of style. But it was only after getting a girlfriend who was able to tell me everything I was doing wrong. And god, did I do everything wrong. Baggy novelty t-shirts and cargo pants. Ughhh.

I can at least dress myself now and look presentable. I'm not super fashionable or anything, though. I get a lot of clothes from Old Navy and Kohl's because they look good and are reasonably cheap. I'm never really in a situation to impress people with my labels, so it's not a big deal to me. I just like clothes that look nice and fit well.

Rodarian
11-11-2010, 07:32 PM

You have the strangest imagination.

Well it gives me my creative edge!

kotora
11-11-2010, 10:02 PM
noticed something weird today

the bad weather kept me from suiting up, but for some reason a lot of women were dressed up better/hotter than usual. someone explain.

KentaRawr!
11-12-2010, 01:47 AM

Yeah, you do need this thread.

Look, these crocs are awesome. They fit perfectly with that outfit. They're brown, they don't have the holes that douchey crocs do. These pieces of rubber are good pieces of rubber.

Shiny
11-12-2010, 06:50 AM
The only people who should be wearing Crocs are people who have stand on their feet all day or children because most children look adorable in anything.

KentaRawr!
11-12-2010, 01:23 PM
My friends do say I have a youth-like charm. :3

NorthernChaosGod
11-12-2010, 09:00 PM
The only people who should be wearing Crocs are people who have stand on their feet all day or children because most children look adorable in anything.

They make comfortable shoes that don't look like ass. My mom's a nurse and she does just fine without those abominations.

Peegee
11-12-2010, 10:30 PM
I need to go shopping for a new set of jeans. I've finally lost enough weight that I dropped another size. I think I'm finally back into my college freshman size of jeans. I can't wait until I have a little more money so that I can feel really proud of my weight loss efforts and buy new jeans. ;o~

I bought the cutest high-waisted hounds-tooth shorts from F21 and I actually don't look disgusting in them! And I was able to buy them in a size medium. In a teen store. I don't remember being able to do that even when I was a teen. It was the highpoint of my week! This is totally motivating me to work out more.

Go Rye! When do we get a pic of your guns? xDD :p

Mirage
11-13-2010, 07:09 PM
I wear dark grey jeans and buttoned short sleeved shirts.

kotora
11-13-2010, 09:21 PM
I wear dark grey jeans and buttoned short sleeved shirts.

are those the only kinds of clothes you wear?

Mirage
11-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Most of the time. Sometimes I wear jeans of a different colour, and perhaps a t-shirt with nerdy jokes on.

Breine
11-15-2010, 11:09 PM
I just wear what I like. Don't really care about brands that much to be honest. Buying clothes in second-hand stores/thrift stores is especially fun, and you will often find some really neat stuff for a small amount of money (most of the time anyway).

Shiny
11-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Yeah, thrift stores are great. Just went down to Little Italy/Little Chinatown today and they had some interesting things that you can't find elsewhere.

Rye
11-16-2010, 01:27 PM
I thought this outfit was rocking. I was feeling brave about mixing matterns, which I love, so I did grey and white horizontal stripes with a white and brown houndstooth shorts. I love it, but my Mom gave me this look like the 'nam dog, mostly because she literally only matches colors by their exact colors, and that's it. She's very simple dressed and unimaginative. She said the outfit itself was figure flattering, but the pattern was WTF.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/doesthisoutfitclashorrock.jpg

DOES IT WORK? HOT OR NAWT?!

Heath
11-16-2010, 11:41 PM
I thought this outfit was rocking. I was feeling brave about mixing matterns, which I love, so I did grey and white horizontal stripes with a white and brown houndstooth shorts. I love it, but my Mom gave me this look like the 'nam dog, mostly because she literally only matches colors by their exact colors, and that's it. She's very simple dressed and unimaginative. She said the outfit itself was figure flattering, but the pattern was WTF.

I think it looks nice. I really quite like the top, actually.

I'm about as fashionable at Hull. I dress in a relatively decent and not particularly fashionable way, not really remarkable, but I don't wish to dress that way!

Psychotic
11-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Fashion is actually very easy for me!

- Checked button up shirt. Any colours. My purple one gets the most compliments from women. If an idiot like me can get complimented, ANYONE CAN. LIVE THE AMERICAN DREAM.
- Stripey zip up hoodie. I plan to invest in more of these bad boys because they fucking rule.
- Jeans. They will be dark if I am wearing a blue shirt or hoodie because blue on blue looks bad to me.
- Converses.

Madame Adequate
11-17-2010, 12:29 AM

Your mom thinks that kettles - a device which can't help but disinfect itself every single time you use it - are breeding grounds for disease. Why you listen to her is far beyond my ability to comprehend.

kotora
11-17-2010, 12:37 AM

At first those shorts and that shirt looked like a pretty disturbing combination to me, but it actually kinda works.

Rodarian
11-17-2010, 05:44 AM
Rye: You're a hit in my books!! :thumb:

Laddy
11-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I like it a lot, Rye! Keep up the good work! :3

Shiny
11-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Polyester and denim jeans are amazingly comfy. Plus they look great with some short leather buckle boots. Right now wearing them, with some boots, a short sleeve frilly blazer, a striped short sleeve shirt, and a bling ass watch.

Rodarian
11-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Today I was walking on my old uni campus when several people complimented about the way I dressed...

I was also highly flattered when I overhead this gal, whom I assumed didn't like me, praised me to her friend when I past by her

"I always love the way he dress.."

:cool:

This is what I wore.....

KentaRawr!
11-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm going to have to post my outfits in this thread one day, too. But first I need a camera!!