PDA

View Full Version : Member Appreciation Week

G13
11-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Earlier I was doing a bit of stalking and saw a very heartwarming VM exchange. I won't reveal names because then they'll know I'm stalking them (:monster:) but one member said a very nice thing to a recent new member. It got me thinking that we need more of this. It's not very often that any of us go out of our way to make new members, or old for that matter, feel accepted. Most of us are here every day and only interact with familiar members, hardly ever do we strike up a conversation with anyone new. Sure some of us probably think "I bet that guy's pretty cool" but how often do we do anything about it? I challenge everyone to spend this next week talking to new people. Just say hi at the very least. Let them know you know they exist.

Freya
11-08-2010, 06:54 AM
OK! I haven't been doing this with new members lately cause i've been busy with life and stuff but i'll put more effort into it!

Pheesh
11-08-2010, 07:08 AM
It seems like less new members have been making newbie threads since the vb change...or am I just not paying attention :/

G13
11-08-2010, 07:20 AM
I dunno. I haven't been noticing any either. But even then, people post in them and then what? How often does anyone continue the conversation from there?

This isn't just for newbies though. There are a good amount of members here that I don't know better than I should. People who could very well have many of the same interests that I do but we won't know one way or the other until someone takes the first step. It's for all of us to break away from our little cliques and become more of the community we claim to be.

Rodarian
11-08-2010, 07:20 AM
I appreciate new members... I do.... But I only lurk in a few places these days... Plus I rarely go down to underworld threads. :snicker:

Bunny
11-08-2010, 08:37 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about me.

G13
11-08-2010, 08:42 AM
It is! :wacky:

Marshall Banana
11-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Let's have a Star Wars marathon. :thumbsup:

Alive-Cat
11-08-2010, 08:59 AM
I make a habit of finding the newest member daily, and giving them a usernote/giving them a 'visitor message' (whatever you crazy kids are saying these days.)
I think usually though, it just ends up scaring them. Am I really so hard to love? :whimper:

Rantz
11-08-2010, 12:34 PM
I remember when Alive-Man gave me my first usernote ever. I thought he was making fun of me. :argh:

Alive-Cat
11-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I remember when Alive-Man gave me my first usernote ever. I thought he was making fun of me. :argh:

I think that is the general opinion! I think now you have the proportional strength of twenty men. And your dance moves have improved VASTLY.
Oh yeah and your voice is still as sweet as an angel. :greenie:

Old Manus
11-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Not all new forumgoers are 12 year old girls who've never used a forum before!

Psychotic
11-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Do I have to? Can't I just look down on newer members with a smug sense of superiority because I joined before they did? If I can't exclude them from my e-treehouse then frankly I have nothing else left to live for.

(fao: new members who don't know me, THIS IS JOKE, ALL I SAY IS JOKE, PSYCHOTIC NOT SERIOUS MEMBER AT ALL please be my friend forever :))

~*~Celes~*~
11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Do I have to? Can't I just look down on newer members with a smug sense of superiority because I joined before they did? If I can't exclude them from my e-treehouse then frankly I have nothing else left to live for.

(fao: new members who don't know me, THIS IS JOKE, ALL I SAY IS JOKE, PSYCHOTIC NOT SERIOUS MEMBER AT ALL please be my friend forever :))

xDDD

Hollycat
11-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Where do I fit in this list

respect

0-!----------------------100

forum power

0-!----------------------100

seriousness

0---!--------------------100

connections

0---------------------!--100 (you have no idea)

banned by 2013 likelyness

0----------------------!-100

0-----------------------!100

btw, this is how we should use rep points, have a few different areas that you can give rep to, and then on your profile it says what rank you are by number. like an av rep and a knowledgable/believable rep, and an over all good person rep.
yeah

kotora
11-08-2010, 04:15 PM
what new members

it's always the same people posting in every thread on this forum

Fuzakeru
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I have a bad habit of thinking certain members are really super cool and want to IM them or get to know them better but then I get too nervous to do it. :/ I'm sorta lame like that sometimes.

We could always go back to molesting all the new members on the forum that way they felt reaaaaaaally welcomed. :3

Hollycat
11-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Or give every new member the title "IM A BIG FAT NOOB" for a month!

Alive-Cat
11-08-2010, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't believe that, or anything coming from someone who's been allergy free since '93. There's vast databases of knowledge that tell me you're one of those goers of merriment, trial testing saviours. You're a big softie really, Cactuar. :D
:heart: you

Madame Adequate
11-08-2010, 07:46 PM
I definitely think my member could do with more appreciation.

Inferno
11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
It seems like less new members have been making newbie threads since the vb change...or am I just not paying attention :/

Exactly. I welcome newbies quite often, but the number of intro theads has been quite low lately.

Madonna
11-08-2010, 08:17 PM
We should obviously begin a No Newbie Left Behind program, where we can adopt new members.

TyphoonThaReapa
11-08-2010, 08:46 PM
A'yo, I appreciate noobs all the time. IN HELL! What? It's actually a pretty cool place. STOP JUDGING ME!

Hollycat
11-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I was serious about the NOOB thing, but yeah Im a softie, I love woriking at VBS and stuff and making people happy

Bunny
11-08-2010, 10:35 PM
I definitely think my member could do with more appreciation.

File a complaint with your girlfriend then.

G13
11-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Well now I know who actually reads my posts and who lightly skims, if even that. I'm encouraging you to talk to all sorts of members, new and old. Go tell Old Manus and Naomi The Insane how cool you think their names are, you know you've been meaning to. Tell Bunny how you've been in love with him since the first time he made fun of you. Tell Iceglow that... :erm: Tell Quin how much you miss him ever since he found that life of his. Tell MILF he's your hero, no reason needed we all know why. Appreciate your fellow members!

Timekeeper
11-09-2010, 09:27 AM
I could post another newbie thread. I've been here just over two years, but I'm still a newbie, and my first intro thread didn't count, I say. :colbert:

Alive-Cat
11-09-2010, 11:03 AM
The member I appreciate most is not here right now. :whimper:

Clo
11-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Now I am.

Alive-Cat
11-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Clo, you've returned from the Great War! :jess:

Hollycat
11-09-2010, 06:09 PM
what new members

it's always the same people posting in every thread on this forum

Its because we banned all the newbies

Crop
11-15-2010, 01:11 AM
I've been here longer than a lot of people but no one ever talks to me. I just chip in here and there, you're all too tightly knit together for me to break in.

Rodarian
11-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Crop you're just not Top Eyes On Model for us....Please pack your bags and get outhttp://www.goodnewsshutup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tyra_animated_gif.gif

Alive-Cat
11-15-2010, 06:04 PM
I think we all need to pull together and get some loving on! :heart:
Members I appreciate: Psychotic (always <3), Renegade, Levian, Rocket Edge, Cz, DK, Rantzien, Christmas, Clo, Mr Twisticles (where did he go he had so much promise), I Took The Red Pill, Kentarou, and last but not least SHODEN AND GUNBLADE MASTER R.I.P. YOU KINGS OF MEN BIG LOVE LOVE LOVE x
If you would like to get on my love list then just say so in this thread. :greenie:

Inferno
11-15-2010, 06:08 PM
If you would like to get on my love list then just say so in this thread. :greenie:

Does this involve an initiation party, rituals, sex and alcool !? Cause if it does, I need to know where to sign right now.

Alive-Cat
11-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Does this involve an initiation party, rituals, sex and alcool !? Cause if it does, I need to know where to sign right now.

There will be more parties, rituals, sex and alcool than in your wildest dreams! Meet me here in 72 minutes.

Bunny
11-15-2010, 10:16 PM

Sign the dotted line, right above the very very fine print that doesn't mean anything in particular.

Clo
11-15-2010, 10:57 PM
I always feel like when I walk into a room/forum, I'm immediately on everyone's love list until stated otherwise.

Seraphic
11-16-2010, 12:33 AM
The forum has always felt like playing The Sims in real time: Drop in to see what all you crazy kids are saying to each other and then hop on out.
But in reality it's like an emo kid who says he doesn't want to be part of the crowd, but actually really does.:greenie:

NorthernChaosGod
11-16-2010, 02:18 AM
I always feel like when I walk into a room/forum, I'm immediately on everyone's love list until stated otherwise.

You're party cat, what's not to love?

Clo
11-16-2010, 02:28 AM

You're party cat, what's not to love?

That's what I'm fucking talking about. :party:

Jiro
11-16-2010, 03:58 AM
I should probably visit here more often to join in the lovin'.

Alive-Cat
11-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Jiro makes the list. :heart:

Hollycat
11-16-2010, 03:43 PM
I am going to draw a stache on every last one of you so you remember me!

Alive-Cat
11-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Cactuar, I meant to put you on that list, but when I was thinking of EoFFers to put on there I thought I already put you on there!
By the end of this thread I will have a revised list of loved ones. :love: