PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Idol

Agent0042
11-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Welcome to Final Fantasy Idol! Okay, here is what I would like to propose. If you would like to enter, simply post to either your own webspace or on YouTube a video or MP3 of yourself performing a vocal song from the Final Fantasy series. I'll include Kingdom Hearts as well. If you don't like the original genre, you're welcome to perform it any genre you want, but please stick to the original lyrics. You're also welcome to choose a song from either the games or one of the tie-in albums, such as "Fruit of Acasia" or "Sky of Galway."

I have almost no appreciable singing talent (and I'm also not a girl, though I get "ma'am" on the phone about nine times out of ten), so I will judge. I will play the role of Simon Cowell. I would also like to have at least one more and up to three other people as judges. You're welcome to take on a role, or critique as yourself.

This is an equal-opportunity competition, so even if you are a guy, you're welcome to perform if you want. I may upload a few gag auditions myself in the next few days.

The best-judged performer will be crowned Final Fantasy Idol!

Agent0042
11-16-2010, 11:11 AM
So everyone's just shy? Or this idea just doesn't appeal to anyone? Funny. I thought there'd be at least one person who'd be willing to try their chops at singing. I mean, if you're waiting for me, forget it. Trust me, you don't want to me hear me singing - we're talking William Hung-level bad, if not worse.

Hollycat
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
how about writing songs instead, everyone already has a mental voice of each member. or people could post names of songs that represent them, there arent enough ff songs with english lyrics to do this

Agent0042
11-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Hmm. I'm not really much into the idea of a songwriting competition and I would disagree that there aren't enough FF songs with English lyrics to do this. But nobody seems to be interested in singing, so I suppose either of your ideas could be used. Would you be interested in doing either of those-- writing something or posting songs that represent you?