PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager 2011

Loony BoB
11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Am I the only one playing this?

I started out with Nottingham Forest recently. Got second in the league for my first season in charge. Media predicted I'd be first, but hey - it was hard with the congested fixtures, what with winning the FA Cup and all. Championship side qualifying for the Europa League aside, I tried to get my favourite not-yet-at-a-massive-club player (Romelu Lukaku, what a legend in the making - pity he'll probably go to Chelsea or Arsenal IRL) and got him - almost. Injured for four months, he failed his medical. Bugger. Had to get a fourth club-grown talent into my side for European purposes, so signed Andy Reid from Sunderland for a few million. Kasper Schmeichel in goal and an almost completely new back four (only DR was left untouched in the transfer window, although I loaned a DR for the inevitable injury cover I'll require), and into the PL I go.

It's pretty similar to FM2010 in looks, but the improvements are pretty quickly noticeable. Better interaction with players and media alike (although the media press conferences are still a bore), and agents and how they're being introduced are pretty well done. Realistic? Well, Middlesbrough got battered by me, Kris Boyd managed to do sod all throughout and still ended up the most tired player on the pitch. Joey Barton picks up yellow cards and big name players don't always end up as good as you'd hope. Pretty much picking up where FM2010 left off, really!

Old Manus
11-10-2010, 09:49 PM
I started out with Nottingham Forest recently.
Media predicted I'd be first
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/b875491f.jpg

Seriously though, I desperately want this game, but I'm still in the middle of my FM10 game and can't really bring myself to spend a year hauling the Swans to the Champions' League all over again.

Loony BoB
11-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Had to start over after finding out that the German national team fix requires a new start. I could have kept going but I know it would have bugged me for seasons to come, and I'd rather that I restarted after just one completed season than later on. Back to square one again! At least this time I knew what I needed to do in the early days, which players to target, etc.