PDA

View Full Version : FFXII's Vaan Confirmed for Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Crossblades
11-10-2010, 02:25 PM
FFXII's Vaan Confirmed for Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy - PlayStation Portable News at IGN (http://psp.ign.com/articles/113/1133322p1.html)

Square Enix has managed to find yet another Final Fantasy franchise hero that wasn't included in the original Dissidia. Final Fantasy XII hero Vaan is the latest entry to the cast of Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy.

Japan's Shounen Jump magazine reveals this week that Vaan will be a playable character. He'll sport a new Yo:bou::bou::bou::bou:aka Amano design for his second costume, and "Mist Knack" for his EX Burst.

We probably won't get our first official online look at Vaan's appearance in the Dissidia sequel until next week, so you'll have to use your imagination to picture how the character will interact with the rest of the Final Fantasy all stars.

So far, Duodecim has been confirmed to include the cast of the original Dissidia along with FFV's Kain, FFXIII's Lightning, FFVII's Tifa and, now, FFXII's Vaan. We can probably expect more surprises to come as the game's Spring release period approaches.

Wolf Kanno
11-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Not my first choice but if you were paying attention, you knew this was coming so I'm not surprised. At least Vaan had cool looking limit breaks. His alternate outfit should be his TA2 outfit.

Anyway, let the bitching and moaning begin.

qwertysaur
11-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Vaan and Firion are going to have a flower picking adventure! :jess:

Depression Moon
11-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Nasty.

Elskidor
11-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Shoulda been Ashe.

Evastio
11-12-2010, 02:53 AM
I so called this.

Though I'm suprised how many of you are upset about this. I mean, practically all of the FFs have had the main character as the representative protagonist, so I don't see why FFXII should be an exception.

Here's his artwork:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101110212954/dissidia/images/thumb/d/db/DissidiaVaanArt.PNG/250px-DissidiaVaanArt.PNG

...though I find it quite strange that his artwork is different from the rest of the Dissidia characters.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101110190634/finalfantasy/images/thumb/1/1c/Lightning_Kain_Tifa_D012.png/800px-Lightning_Kain_Tifa_D012.png

Elskidor
11-12-2010, 03:05 AM
Not surprised at all, but never saw Vaan as the main character of XII is all. I guess the same could be said for Terra of FFVI, but Vaan always seemed more like an optional out of place character that the story could have killed off and it wouldn't ahve changed much.

Wolf Kanno
11-12-2010, 05:54 AM
^ I feel this pretty much states everyone's feelings about Vaan being a bit off for lead character status cause some people don't see him as the main character. He's more of the games gopher, whose sent off to explore towns and buy equipment cause its beneath the rest of the party and let's face it, he's Balthier's little bitch ;)

Vaan doesn't really surprise me, the VAs on both sides of the ocean have been pretty outspoken about working on a new project. Its also not surprising cause he was one of the characters considered for the original Dissidia and was scrapped and so far, most of the new characters for Dissidia 2 have been people originally planned for the original Dissidia so I'm already saying its a safe bet we may see Gilgamesh, Yuna, and Seymour.

Roogle
11-12-2010, 05:45 PM
I am not pleased with this announcement because I think Ashe, Basch, or Balthier deserved a spot on the roster much more than Vaan. I am not a fan of his character design or his role in the story of Final Fantasy XII, and I doubt that anything presented in Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy can convince me otherwise.