PDA

View Full Version : Cee Lo Green's "smurf You"

KentaRawr!
11-10-2010, 11:38 PM
So, I just figured out about this song today. I've fallen in love with it. :3 But, I was surprised to hear the "Forget You" version today, and I can't say I like that version as much. I prefer the big emphasis he puts on the word "FUCK" rather than on the second syllable of "Forget".

Maybe he should have censored it with smurf instead of forget! That would have been wonderful.

So, best song ever. Your thoughts, EoFF?

NorthernChaosGod
11-11-2010, 03:21 AM
I didn't know there was a censored version. :confused:

Having said that, I like the good version quite a bit.

Clo
11-11-2010, 05:50 AM
FUXK CENSORSHIP!

G13
11-11-2010, 05:55 AM
My 12 year old mentality is offended by that, Clograb. :colbert:

Shlup
11-11-2010, 06:16 AM
I have the song on my phone. It's nice for running. My friend and I sing it together. Loudly. I once made him a shortbread cupcake that said "FUCK YOU" in pretty turquoise frosting.

The censored version is stupid. The song is going to be in a movie soon (I forget which), and the preview had the censored version; I sincerely hope the actual movie does not.

DMKA
11-12-2010, 03:56 AM
I've never heard the "uncensored" version I guess. I've heard it a lot of times on the radio. On the censored regular radio stations it says "Forget You" and on the uncensored XM radio stations it says "F You", which I figured was the real version of the song.

I should probably listen to the real version to give it one more chance because right now I think it sucks.

EDIT: I just listened to the real version. I love it! I also never noticed he dropped video game console names! :D

fire_of_avalon
11-12-2010, 05:23 AM
Cee Lo Green is one of my favorite people in the universe and I love this song.

escobert
11-12-2010, 05:29 AM
wtf 'm old or something. you youngins and you're hippity hop!
also no way could I say I had one favorite song

Ouch!
11-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Yup. Two censored versions. "Forget you" and "eff you" are both watered down. I've heard the original and "Forget you," but have yet to hear "eff you." Out of curiousity, does the "eff you" version still censor :bou::bou::bou::bou: and nigger?

DMKA
11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Yup. Two censored versions. "Forget you" and "eff you" are both watered down. I've heard the original and "Forget you," but have yet to hear "eff you." Out of curiousity, does the "eff you" version still censor :bou::bou::bou::bou: and nigger?

Yes. It's lame.

Pheesh
11-12-2010, 03:24 PM
I absolutely hammered this song about a month ago, I loved it so much. But yeah, don't listen to it much anymore. It's always awesome when we're out and it comes on at a club though.

Clo
11-12-2010, 05:21 PM
I absolutely hammered this song about a month ago, I loved it so much. But yeah, don't listen to it much anymore. It's always awesome when we're out and it comes on at a club though.

They played it at a club?!

The clubs I go to are so lame... :mad:

Pheesh
11-12-2010, 05:55 PM

They played it at a club?!

Ya, a couple clubs actually. Was too drunk to remember if it was censored or not though =D

Necronopticous
11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
This song is too good. The rest of the record pales in comparison.

Freya
11-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I couldn't' decide which thread to post this BUT I guess this one would work. Glee semi spoiler I guess.

'Glee': Gwyneth Paltrow sings Cee-Lo's 'Forget You' (Exclusive Video) | EW.com (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/11/12/glee-gwyneth-paltrow-forget-you/)

Roto13
11-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I couldn't' decide which thread to post this BUT I guess this one would work. Glee semi spoiler I guess.

'Glee': Gwyneth Paltrow sings Cee-Lo's 'Forget You' (Exclusive Video) | EW.com (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/11/12/glee-gwyneth-paltrow-forget-you/)
Ugh. The censorship and the stupid autotune. Awful. >_>

Oh, god. "WHAAAAAAAAAAY"

You know, I always figured I wouldn't like Glee if I watched it, but that was brutal.

MJN SEIFER
11-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I omly descovered the F-You version yesterday - I was searching for stuff on Cee Lo Green to see if it was the Gnarls Barkley guy (it is by the way.) I must say I like the "true" version better, the "Forget You" version is always on TV and the Radio - it sounds so wrong now!

The songs ok. The only part I don't like is the drawn out "whyyyyyy?!" towards the end...:eep:

NorthernChaosGod
11-12-2010, 09:46 PM

That was awful. :|

Roto13
11-13-2010, 03:54 AM
Listening to this song for the millionth time. At this point I kind of wish I could write awesome music. :P