PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Moment in FF4?

FF_Fanatic57
11-11-2010, 02:09 PM
As the title reads, what's your favorite FF4 moment?

Mine is definitely after Cecil becomes a Paladin. It's fun leveling him up by himself on the mountain, especially since he starts at level "1".

One fight I had him level 10 times. It was fun watching the word "Cecil gained a level" a bunch of times :laughing:

What's your favorite moment?

Elskidor
11-14-2010, 07:45 PM
This is a really hard question but I love the entire introduction, and the transformation into a Paladin probably the most.

VeloZer0
11-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I loved seeing Golbez and FuSoYa take on Zemus. In game it was really neat to see him in battle with a party sized sprite.

Wolfen
11-17-2010, 08:31 AM
The whole entire game. :)

Roogle
11-17-2010, 06:56 PM
My favorite moment in the game was when Rydia rushes in to help the party take on Golbez directly. The changing of the battle theme and the way that she joins the party in the middle of the battle is still a very powerful moment to me.

Wolfen
11-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Rydia's appearance was definitely well done. I also love at the end right before the final battle when the Final Fantasy theme plays and all your party members are healed.

Roogle
11-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Yes, Nobuo Uematsu and the development team did a good job of incorporating the music with the gameplay. I love the way that the music changes suddenly despite the system limitations of games like that.

Wolf Kanno
11-24-2010, 04:03 AM
There are really too many to list for me. A quick list but I'm sure I'll forget a few...

The opening on the red wings

Cecil and Kain heading to Mist

Mist destroyed and Rydia summoning Titan

Edward seeing Anna's spirit

Kain's Betrayal and Golbez's entrance

Cecil washing up near Mysdia

Cecil becoming a Paladin

The whole Dark Elf Scenario

Any of the battles with the Four Fiends

The battle against Calcebria and Golbez, as well as Rydia's return

Going to the Land of Summons (Feymarch)

Going to the Moon and learning about Cecil and Zemus

The big battle with the Giant of Bab-il and the casts heroic return (screw all of you who wanted them to stay dead, that scene was awesome :p )

The entire Battle with Zemus/Zeromus, starting with Golbez and FuSoYa fighting Zemus down to using the crystal to give Zeromus physical form.

Really, I felt this game just had too many good scenes. :cool:

Crossblades
11-25-2010, 04:04 PM
The opening on the red wings

Kain's Betrayal and Golbez's entrance

Cecil becoming a Paladin

Rydia's return

The Lunar Trials(GBA version)

Vermachtnis
11-25-2010, 10:31 PM
The final battle. The entire final battle from FuSoYa and Golbez til the very end. It's my favorite final battle of the series.

Evastio
12-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Cecil becoming a Paladin

Going to the Moon and learning about Cecil and Zemus

The big battle with the Giant of Bab-il and the casts heroic return (screw all of you who wanted them to stay dead, that scene was awesome :p )

The entire Battle with Zemus/Zeromus, starting with Golbez and FuSoYa fighting Zemus down to using the crystal to give Zeromus physical form.

In addition to those, there's the ending (happiest and most complete ending in any FF), Cecil going back to Mysidia as a paladin proving himself to everyone there, Cecil saving Rydia from the Baron soldiers, Tellah's sacrifice, and Golbez regaining control of himself in the Giant of Bab-il. There's probably a lot more that I can't remember.

Roogle
12-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I like Tellah as a character and for his role in the storyline, but his fight against Golbez never struck me as a candidate for favorite moment in Final Fantasy IV.

I thought about it for a little while and came to the conclusion that it was because everyone, including the player, knew that his death was imminent if he used Meteor on Golbez, and Tellah faces Golbez with Golbez, Clad in the Dark as a battle theme. I imagine that if the player had no hints that he was planning to give up his life to cast Meteor and beat Golbez, and Dreadful Fight had played during his battle, then it would have been a lot more memorable and appreciated.

Tellah realized that fighting only for vengeance was a mistake only in his dying moments. I think those last moments are really sad...

black orb
12-08-2010, 03:11 AM
>>> The Calcobrenas..:luca:

Rase
12-13-2010, 08:35 AM
>>> The Calcobrenas..:luca:
This. So hard.

Hollycat
12-13-2010, 04:35 PM
you spoony bard

Dignified Pauper
12-21-2010, 04:59 PM
The battle with the Giant and the CPU. Inside the Giant is one of my favorite themes.

Rase
12-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Inside the Giant is one of my favorite themes.
<3 you. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXrsvC25GH8)

SkyRender
01-06-2011, 02:22 AM
My favorite scenes are as follows:

When I finally learned how to land the airship by Troia Castle (It was my first time playing and I had rented the game and opened a save file... it tooks me days to land outside that castle and explore it... I think i was like 7 or 8)

The intro dialogue and music when Kain and Cecil exit the Castle made me feel epic

When Rydia returns during the battle with Golbez in the Underworld

Pre-end game battle when everyone is lending their strength to you as you prepare to fight Zeromus

Kaie
04-30-2011, 03:03 AM
When Rydia appeared again and made toast of that annoying summon. Emotions went from :eek:how-am-I-ever-gonna-kill-this? to :jess::jess: