PDA

View Full Version : You ever get so mad you throw a spoon at a Goblin?

Vermachtnis
11-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Talk about moments that made you rage, whether they be story or personal related. Like failing umpteen times at the chocobo thing in X.

Anyway I was playing I and hunting for Warmech for like an hour. He finally showed up and found out the hardway I was underleveled. Total party wipe.

Elpizo
11-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Losing seven times in a row to Necron when I faced him for the first time got me quite angry, for sure. My party sucked when I first played through IX... Then the second time I attempted at beating him (after those 7 defeats the first time), I beat him in one go. That's because Grand Cross is such a gamble it drives you up the wall.

ShinGundam
11-11-2010, 09:10 PM
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/105/1055980/final-fantasy-xiii-20091216072107782-000.jpg
Turtle hunting

ljkkjlcm9
11-11-2010, 11:14 PM
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/105/1055980/final-fantasy-xiii-20091216072107782-000.jpg
Turtle hunting
This was a pain at first, but it got to the point that I couldn't really die, so it was just tedious.

The only time I've ever actually thrown my controller was a personal fight with my girlfriend, the worst fight we've ever had and I threw it down so hard that the buttons got messed up somehow... example: Triangle didn't do anything, but R1 did what triangle did. It was pretty bad.

THE JACKEL

Nevermore
11-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, of all goddamn games. Couldn't solve the puzzle in the Focus Tower which allows one to advance ahead.

I crushed my controller by stomping on it repeatedly with my bare foot.

My dad's all like; I ain't gettin you another one.

The worse of it is, this was my second playthrough...I don't remember having a hard time of it the first time round. So what the hell happened the second time...

The scariest part of this though, is why the hell did I even want to play through this crap again.

GO KID

Carl the Llama
11-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Never had this happen to me in a final fantasy game, though there was this one hole in Tiger Woods 2004 which was like a u bend where I had the best equipment but no matter how hard I tried I could not get the ball to land on the green... it got so bad I vowed never to play that hole again, and never have since, it was a really really stressy time for me, I hit the arm of my chair so loud my brother came in to see what I was shouting about.

VeloZer0
11-12-2010, 03:56 AM
I was up late playing FF7 PC, and I had just finished the stolen materia sidequest. I decided to take on the Pagoda with Yuffie never having used Yuffie once, and mostly speed running through the game up till that point. I made it trough just fine until I got to Godo. By keepig a rough track of how much damage I was doing and how much he was healing I couldn't even tell if I was reducing his HP at all. It was late, I really really wanted to go to bed, and the fight dragged on for half an hour. After burning though all of my ethers and elixers I finally downed him..... and the game crashed half way trough the cut scene. :mad2:

Worst one was Dissida. I had managed to get myself locked in a fight with an enemy 10 levels higher than me, with only 1 hp to start with. After probably an hour of attempts I finally had the winning bow within my sights.... and the camera got stuck on a wall and didn't follow me to the top floor. I picked up my PSP, whipped my arm back to throw it, an caught my self before I followed though and released. Then as I sat there holding the PSP steaming I noticed I was clenching so hard the plastic was all starting to buckle.

Wolf Kanno
11-12-2010, 06:05 AM
I didn't really have a story til VeloZer0 mentioned Dissidia and then it came back to me.

I have a ton of stories from Dissidia, mostly involving trying to get rare items off of lv 100 enemies using the Honey Bee Gear which significantly handicaps the player. I hate abusing Cloud and Terra's EX-modes but dear god it was the only way... I'm still missing stuff as well but just grew too apathetic to collect everything.

Learning Kefka and Ex-Death had their moments as well...

Del Murder
11-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Tidus's ultimate weapon crest when you had to get the smurfing balloons on chocobo. I hated that quest so much. Just could not do it for the life of me. In my first playthrough I think I tried it 50 times and never got the high score so eventually quit. It was the only ultimate weapon I didn't fully upgrade. Then on my second playthrough I tried it again (with dread) and got it on like the 3rd try. Go figure.

Roto13
11-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Final Fantasy games are usually pretty easy and anything that's unreasonably difficult is something that's probably not going to be fun in the first place so I just skip it if possible.

Though I remember my first time playing the Lunarians' chapter in Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and when I got to Bahamut's cave, I was attacked from behind by a malboro and it killed me before I could get an action in. I was at full HP and MP, too. There was nothing I could do about it. It had nothing to do with my actions.