PDA

View Full Version : Your Perception Of Internet World by Alive-Man.

Alive-Cat
11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
The story begins here.
I was a browsing the internet one day in recent history. The site I was primarily focusing on we will call 'facebook'. For some reason, (the reason will be up for debate in this thread,) I had to go 'ctrl +' a couple of times, then I decreased it back down a while later. After browsing 'facebook' for a while I started thinking that 'facebook' looks a lot better now, has the site been upgraded? WTF? I then realised I hadn't decreased the magnification completely, it was still one size bigger than default.
Since then I have kept it this way, this magical, lovely way.
The other day I did a bit of 'ctrl +' on EoFF as well. I have never looked back.
I'm not blind, I think maybe my eyes are just lazy. I like bigger text. It makes the internet infinitely better.

2 questions.

1. How do you browse the internet? Default size, + 1, + 2, + 3 or do you just have a couple of massive letters a page?

2. What plausible explanations, if any, can you come up with as to why I magnified in my browser in the first place?

Clo
11-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Oh my god!

This is the coolest thing ever (to... me)!

I am eternally gratefully to Alive-Man for introducing this to me. I especially like my email being bigger -- I always have so many fucking emails to send and read, and I like the font being a bit bigger. Now I can lean back and relax.

THIS IS SO FABULOUS.

:party:

Alive-Cat
11-11-2010, 07:53 PM
It's the new hip thing! :love: In thousands of years, people's eyes will have developed smaller and less able to see because the need to focus on small text will have left human existence. :)

Pheesh
11-11-2010, 07:56 PM
On Opera 'Ctrl + #' is how you quickly go to a page that's in the corresponding position on your speed dial. Even if it wasn't, I see no reason to have a larger font (although I did notice that facebook made their font smaller, that's probably why you like it bigger, it's probably magnified to what it used to be).

Raistlin
11-11-2010, 09:33 PM
How did you people not already know about this? *shakes head*

This reminds me of the time when a friend of mine's mouse was broken, and he was browsing the net with just a keyboard by tabbing through everything. I idly mentioned that shift+tab would tab in reverse. His response: "... I love you." He had been tabbing through every single option on a webpage again if he accidentally passed it. Oh, krissy.

NorthernChaosGod
11-12-2010, 01:28 AM
On Opera 'Ctrl + #' is how you quickly go to a page that's in the corresponding position on your speed dial. Even if it wasn't, I see no reason to have a larger font (although I did notice that facebook made their font smaller, that's probably why you like it bigger, it's probably magnified to what it used to be).

It's not CTRL and (number) it's CTRL and + (addition symbol). :roll2

Carl the Llama
11-12-2010, 01:42 AM
I knew about ctrl and + but I never use it, I just alt and scroll up on my mouse.

As to how many times I magnify it, about 3 upward scrolls.

Pheesh
11-12-2010, 08:31 AM

It's not CTRL and (number) it's CTRL and + (addition symbol). :roll2

My mistake, that does nothing on opera.

EDIT: turns out it's "shift +' and 'ctrl -'

Fuzakeru
11-13-2010, 06:23 PM
I like everything to be as tiny as possible! This just made my browsing EoFF so much easier and enjoyable! <3

blackmage_nuke
11-13-2010, 08:43 PM
I only use it when I want a bigger screen when Im playing flash games

Jiro
11-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Default suits me just fine.