PDA

View Full Version : Looking for title of an old game I played, maybe someone can help

Sephiroth2088
11-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Ok this is probably a longshot but I vaguely remember a game that I played maybe ten years ago, I rented it once and in all likelyhood it is for super nintendo. The following is pretty much everything I remember, it's not much but if you've played it maybe you'll know. I was twelve so here goes:

First off this an RPG game, fairly sure it's turn based. You seem to start out in some kind of lab with a fight right off the bat. After the fight I remember there being a world map that you could wonder around on, I'm pretty sure it had random battles. Also there was a bridge that you couldn't cross, either it hadn't been built yet or you just couldn't cross it. (No this is not FF1) I feel like the battles around here were considerably harder than elsewhere.

Here's a few more details that I can't remember for sure, don't focus on these so much:
-I think you might battle some kind of red weird looking monster in a lab and a scientist, but I'm not sure
-I think it may have been an island on the world map that you start at
-I feel like the lab blew up or something afterword, like it was flashing red during the fight or something
-you had a female companion that started the game with you.

Thanks, I may not remember enough to figure this out but I'm sure some day I'll find this game.

Shoeberto
11-12-2010, 08:03 PM
What system was it for? That'd help narrow it down a lot.

Dreddz
11-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Could be Phantasy Star IV. Even if it isn't PSIV is a good game, you should play it.

Levian
11-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Shot in the dark here: Chrono Trigger?

female companion, world map, bridge that can't be crossed, time machine sort of blows up.

No lab or big red boss though.

Roto13
11-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Gato is red and pink. :P I doubt he'd forget a game like Chrono Trigger, though. It's only everywhere.

EDIT: Is it Secret of the Stars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbusHgFosvQ)?

Sephiroth2088
11-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Yes!!! That's it, I remember that lab in part 3 of that video you linked me to, it's weird that everything before that was a complete blank but the lab stuck with me. I remember dr gari and vaguely must have remembered how he was going to errupt the volcano and all that. I could have sworn the lab started the game, maybe I used someone elses save file? If not it's strange how the memory works, thank you.

Roto13
11-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Don't thank me (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24349167&postcount=1690). :P

Rase
11-12-2010, 10:23 PM
That video made me immediately think of a worse-looking Mystic Quest. Well, the 45 seconds of it that I watched.

Sephiroth2088
11-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Kinda reminds me of FF1 mixed with chrono trigger. I feel like some of those towns were just ripped out of FF1.

Gonna have to try this game again for nostalgic value, that might be all I get because the you tube comments don't sound too good. Course you tubers can be not so smart.