PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Email

Roto13
11-13-2010, 04:24 AM
So Facebook is probably going to announce its email service on Monday (http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/12/facebook-about-to-launch-a-gmail-slaying-titan/). It's rumoured to be referred to as a "Gmail killer" among the Facebook inner circle. What do you think?

The idea of trusting Facebook with my email makes me make an annoying stifled laughter/snorting noise. It's just... no. No. No no no no no. No.

escobert
11-13-2010, 04:39 AM
my Gmail works just fine thank you.

Raistlin
11-13-2010, 04:42 AM
"Gmail killer"? And they say that with a straight face?

Levian
11-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Hmm, don't see a point to it atm.

Their messaging system works well enough to communicate with other people on facebook, so there's no reason to use it for that. That leaves people who don't have facebook or I don't have as a facebook friend. Those kinds of emails would typically be work-related or other semi-serious things, so why would I use a facebook mail for that? gmail is much more professional in reputation, which makes it better to use in job hunting. I can imagine there are many employers out there who hates facebook.

Rye
11-13-2010, 04:51 AM
Facebook's messaging systems are too buggy. Gmail is the best for that. You can't have ALL of your online messaging eggs in one basket.

Bunny
11-13-2010, 05:38 AM
Everything, regardless of the field it is in, is referred to as the "Killer of the Previously Good Thing". It's getting out of hand by now.

I will not be using this because my gmail works just fine and I rarely use that.

Vermachtnis
11-13-2010, 06:59 AM
My yahoo email still works.

NorthernChaosGod
11-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Why the hell would I use that? I already have a couple email accounts that work just fine.

Meat Puppet
11-13-2010, 07:26 AM
gmail
lol

Momiji
11-13-2010, 09:07 AM
pfffft hahahahaha it'll be great if it's as fast as the site itself is

...oh wait

Rantz
11-13-2010, 10:37 AM
I will probably check it out to see if it's any good before ignoring it. :monster:

Old Manus
11-13-2010, 12:00 PM
The idea of trusting Facebook with my email makes me make an annoying stifled laughter/snorting noise. It's just... no. No. No no no no no. No.And you trust Google?

Alive-Cat
11-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Trust no one. Don't email. Enemies are everywhere. The system is watching you.

Raistlin
11-13-2010, 10:30 PM
They're everywhere, talking on the talkies.

Heath
11-16-2010, 11:35 PM
I dislike Facebook as a website, but have found that it's a rather handy thing to have at University and so I got sucked in that way. I use it frequently as a result. I really don't see people abandoning their current email addresses in droves in order to use a Facebook email. I certainly wouldn't want to use it.

Shlup
11-16-2010, 11:37 PM
The idea of trusting Facebook with my email makes me make an annoying stifled laughter/snorting noise. It's just... no. No. No no no no no. No.And you trust Google?

That was my first thought too.

Maybe I'll switch my main email to Facebook and start using Yahoo for business. I don't like Gmail.

I Took the Red Pill
11-17-2010, 12:49 AM
BBC News - Facebook ramps up Google rivalry with messaging service (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11760050)

Incoming message will be placed in one of three folders - one for friends, another for things like bank statements and a junk folder for messages people do not want to see.

Yeah safe to say I'm going to keep my bank statements away from Facebook.

Peegee
11-17-2010, 03:10 AM
I use gmail for nonsense though yes there's rare conversation with parents and the odd receipts

omg google knows my spending habits! let's move to fb and let them know it too!

sign yourself up for all sorts of depraved stuffed in your fb email

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-18-2010, 08:13 AM
I continue to use the same msn hotmail I created in order to join this site, and it still works just fine for me.

Admittedly, I made a second one that looked more professional so I didn't have to feel 10 years old when the bank asked for my email. "well...erm...it's..uh...lone wolf leonhart etc etc etc"