View Full Version : My Least Favorite Season, Favorite EOFFer

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Christmas.

At least I get egg nog. I love egg nog.

Anyone else despise this season?

Roto13
11-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Christmas is awesome and haters need to stop being miserable little :bou::bou::bou::bou:s.

And it's not even American Thanksgiving yet.

Nevermore
11-13-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't like it either. It's funny that Christmas is often mentioned as the time of year to be with loved ones and all. Is our society so hectic that we must actually be reminded to tell our friends and family how we feel about them? Shouldn't we be doing that all year round? We need a date?
I find that even any slight participation for Christmas on my part is just work. It's so hectic, such a chore, everyone is so stressed and hyper. The epitome of the Rat Race.
It's like going camping for three days, where two and a half of those days is getting there and back, arguing about directions and bitching at a friend who forgot to bring something essential.

Of course, in the modern day Christmas really has nothing to do with that, as it's a whole festival of consumerism, just like about every holiday. I also hate Valentine's Day, as it seems so superficial in what it claims to define.

I also like to think about the origins of certain holidays like Christmas and where it began, so no Christian better be telling no Atheists that they can't celebrate it.
I mean even the Day of the Dead (November First.) became ''All Saints' Day.''

The only real people are the Jews. They got this by the ass, man. smurf the Prophet, and smurf the Queen.

Of course, it's not all bad, I'm just being real cynical. I got fond memories of Christmas as a kid, but those days are long gone. I hope it still has that effect on today's kids.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Truthfully, I don't mind the cheer and whatnot. I just dislike the presents parts. Everyone is always asking what I want and such. I don't need more useless :bou::bou::bou::bou:. No games I want are coming out near Christmas, so, no. Plus, I won't have more than a couple weeks to enjoy anything I get because I keep getting deployed in early January.
And trying to figure out what to get other people sucks too. Why can't Christmas just be a big feast like Thanksgiving is?

Roto13
11-13-2010, 09:00 PM
No games I want are coming out near Christmas,

How is this even possible?

Vermachtnis
11-13-2010, 09:05 PM
I love this season. Winter is awesome. Christmas is awesome. Egg nog is awesome. The cold is awesome. Everything smelling like a pine tree is awesome. The sales are awesome. The crowds are...not so awesome. Unless I'm being a spectator, then it's hilarious.

The people across the street from me had their decorations up two weeks before Halloween.

Madame Adequate
11-13-2010, 09:20 PM
I hate spring on Venus :nonono:

NorthernChaosGod
11-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Christmas is awesome, I don't know what you're on.

DMKA
11-13-2010, 10:02 PM

Down here in the United States we start "celebrating" Christmas in October. Hell I actually saw lights going up as early as September this year. My entire neighborhood and every freaking store you walk into is decked out for Christmas already.

I like Christmas for the most part but I absolutely hate all the snow and cold and such. Although I suppose that means I dislike winter, not Christmas. That, and work becomes so busy it's horrifying. I remember being at work from 7am until midnight several nights last year. I'm dreading the hell out of that.

Overall it really isn't half as fun as it was growing up though. But I suppose that applies to every holiday. C'est la vie, I guess.

Raistlin
11-13-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't mind Christmas. I get a break from law school and presents. I'm not particularly excited for it, though.

Marshall Banana
11-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Holidays are what you make of them, guys!

It bugs me that Christmas encroaches on Halloween, but it's still my favorite time of year! I love red + green, hot cocoa, the cold...

Mmm!

escobert
11-13-2010, 10:51 PM
I hate winter.

Roto13
11-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Christmas decorations go up in stores early because you're more likely to do Christmas shopping when there are Christmas decorations. :P And while you're not necessarily likely to buy more gifts overall if you're surrounded by Christmas decorations on November first, you are more likely to do your Christmas shopping at stores that have them up. It's more of a race than anything.

I love Christmas buy I don't start doing Christmassy stuff until December or I burn out on it long before Christmas. Though I will definitely be going to the Santa Claus Parade next weekend! I've never been to Toronto's Christmas parade before but I watch it on TV every year because it's huge. Too many clowns, though. What the hell.

Clo
11-14-2010, 02:18 AM
I don't celebrate Christmas. I don't really like it. Not my thing. I hate the cold... I like New Years alright though.

Shiny
11-14-2010, 03:39 AM
I prefer Thanksgiving because all the variety of food. Christmas can be nice with all the presents and I adore Christmas songs. The mood is much nicer than Thanksgiving. Yet Christmas has just been so heavily consumerized (yes I know it's made up word) that's it not so appealing to me anymore.

Roto13
11-14-2010, 03:57 AM
Charlie Brown got over it and he never gets over anything.

Inferno
11-14-2010, 04:38 AM
I hate winter.

Freya
11-14-2010, 04:51 AM
I thought there were only 4 seasons not five :(

Raven Riley
11-14-2010, 05:03 AM
I don't know what all the fuss is about. The holiday season is fun! :cheer:

Meat Puppet
11-14-2010, 05:22 AM
In Australia, we celebrate Christmas in summer. We also celebrate winter in summer. Actually, it is just always summer.

blackmage_nuke
11-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Not a fan of Christmas but I love New Years and sometimes my New Years cheer can be mistaken for Christmas cheer

Alive-Cat
11-14-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm with you on this, there is no better combination than Egg (http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/egg.jpg), and Nog (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/Nog.jpg). :love:

Fuzakeru
11-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Mmm. I love Christmas! I actually listened to Christmas music on my way to my work meeting this morning then to church and then I went and spent a little money on some small decorations for my room while I'm at home. n_n It was enjoyable! My peppermint candle is going, I had a cup of cocoa ( even if it's mid 70s here in Mississippi ), and I even got some of my shopping done. I like to buy my presents throughout November / December so I don't feel like I'm killing my wallet.

Clo
11-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Even though I don't really like or celebrate Christmas, I like Christmas songs about winter being delightful. Like Sleigh Ride. And Winter Wonderland. :)

Just hear those sleigh bells do do do, de de de de de, doooooo!

Chris
11-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Obvious and tedious clichés aside, I really enjoy Christmas. As for winter, well, I find it cosy.

Cuchulainn
11-15-2010, 05:03 PM
I don't celebrate Christmas. I don't really like it. Not my thing. I hate the cold... I like New Years alright though.

I am the exact opposite. I love Christmas, love the feelin around that night (Christmas Eve always trumps Christmas Day cause in Christmas Eve its you imagining Christmas Day and its always a :bou::bou::bou::bou: load better than the day itself). It's just a great season.

New Years Eve, however, can go Royally Fuck itself right up the arsehole with a splintered hurl.

OMFG LOOK THE DATES SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THAN USUAL QUICK LETS ALL GRAB A KEBAB AND GO TO A DISCO IT WILL ONLY COST US ONE MILLION DOLLARS FOR THE PRIVLEDGE.

Elskidor
11-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Love me some holidays from October to February. My birthday, my daughter's birthday, my brother and sister's birthday all falls in that mix so it really feels like a new holiday every other week. Also like the cold over the summer humidity, but I really prefer Fall's temperature

Levian
11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Charlie Brown got over it and he never gets over anything.

Screw Charlie Brown. Hitting Rihanna was totally unnecessary.

Jessweeee♪
11-16-2010, 07:48 AM
During Christmas you get awesome things like eggnog and cookies. Christmastime makes me think of other Christmases that were super cool and it puts me in a great mood! Perhaps as I venture further into adulthood I'll become bitter, but for now yeah, Christmas is pretty cool.