PDA

View Full Version : Childhood dreams

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Q: Who do you want to be when you grow up, Nathan?

A: Tuxedo Mask.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk48/nmfloropoulos/tumblr_latfgvs4yq1qbclhzo1_500.png

Who or what did you dream about being when you were a child? Have you achieved what you wanted, or are you still working towards it? Do you even want the same things that you used to?

Did I ever become Tuxedo Mask? Let's just say I keep a few roses on my person at all times.

G13
11-17-2010, 02:41 PM
I used to want to be an astronaut because I was obsessed with space and finding other forms of life.

Now I'm content in just writing about it.

Jiro
11-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I don't think I'll ever quite become a ninja or work for Square so I'm content writing about them.

Pheesh
11-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I want to get to a point where playing music gets me the money that I need to live comfortably. Still working on it.

Madame Adequate
11-17-2010, 04:14 PM
I used to want to be an astronaut because I was obsessed with space and finding other forms of life.

Holy :bou::bou::bou::bou:, are you me?

Clo
11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
I wanted to be a cartoonist. What a lame childhood dream!

Bunny
11-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Let's hope not.

I wanted to be a drug kingpin.

Shlup
11-17-2010, 08:31 PM
I wanted to be a mother, a zookeeper, an animator, and/or a voice actor. Right now I am none of those things.

Shiny
11-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Who or what did you dream about being when you were a child?
Being a filmmaker or teacher. I use to make mini movies with my older brother.

Have you achieved what you wanted, or are you still working towards it?
Yes to both. I got to one level now I attend to go the next.

Do you even want the same things that you used to?
I don't really want to be a teacher anymore, but sometimes I end up doing it for people who are in need of my assistance with things like Pro Tools, After Effects, and even location managing.

Shorty
11-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I wanted to be an archaeologist like Indiana Jones, until I found out that you don't go on adventures and chase down Nazis for Ark of the Covenant.

You don't get a bullwhip to use, either.

I'm going to be a marine biologist, which isn't something I'd have ever guessed I'd do as I child.

Raistlin
11-17-2010, 11:25 PM
When I was really little I wanted to be a vet. I loved animals, which hasn't changed much. I had dogs, cats, rabbits, fish, and hermit crabs. I really wanted a snake, too.

Ever since middle school, though, I decided I wanted to be a lawyer.

Madame Adequate
11-17-2010, 11:37 PM
I wanted to be a vet for a long while, before realizing that I wouldn't be able to save every animal. There is no way I could handle that, psychologically.

G13
11-17-2010, 11:42 PM

Any advice on life, older me?

Roto13
11-17-2010, 11:48 PM
When I was a kid I wanted to own a department store for some reason. Then I studied business and I was like "Whoah, this is soooooo booooooriiiinnnggg" so that never happened. I'm better off.

Rianoa
11-18-2010, 01:07 AM
I wanted to be Sailor Moon when I was younger I have the stupidity down to a t but the princess of the moon I haven't succeeded but I will one day :D!

Agent Proto
11-18-2010, 01:10 AM
I wanted to be a cartoonist. What a lame childhood dream!

Hey, I wanted to be a cartoonist, too!

Miriel
11-18-2010, 01:23 AM
I wanted to be a Ballerina. That was before I knew that ballerinas had smurfed up feet and when I thought it was as simple as putting on a pretty tutu and twirling around.

I'm a photographer now and I've had the chance to photograph dancers and dance productions so that's pretty neat. Still makes me a little wistful that I never got to be a professional dancer. Not the skanky ho type of professional dancer, but the So You Think You Can Dance type. :p

Madame Adequate
11-18-2010, 01:24 AM

Any advice on life, older me?

Stay in school.

kotora
11-18-2010, 02:01 AM
I also wanted to be an astronaut

now I want to become a commando or a recon soldier. Which is also pretty awesome.

Miss_Lulu
11-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Growing up I can't really remember saying that I wanted to be anything in particular. I just remember saying I wanted to be anything that my mom wasn't.
So pretty much anything. Haha.

Fujiko
11-21-2010, 11:24 AM
An artist/painter. That's all I've ever wanted to do ever since I can remember, and I still paint and draw when I have the time (although I haven't done so in a long time). However, as I grew up I got really interested in sports, languages, and science, and I'm currently majoring in molecular biology.

Oh, childhood dreams~ :heart:

Fate Fatale
11-22-2010, 09:49 AM
oh gosh, I wanted to be loads of things. Writer, videogame maker, voice actor, graphic designer, prostitute... Y'know, the usual. Now, I'm in school to be a performer. Musical Theatre is the avenue I chose. I can't complain though. While I'd love to be one of the things mentioned before, I like where I am now. :)