PDA

View Full Version : There was no FFXII! They skipped a Final Fantasy!

Jessweeee♪
11-20-2010, 02:52 AM
So uh...has there ever been any news on a FFXII Piano album? FFXIII's has been out for months.

Any time I try to do some research on it I just get posts on Yahoo! Answers and some nice fan made pieces.

Wolf Kanno
11-20-2010, 04:48 AM
Nope, there is no piano ost for XII. Just the original OST (Plus Limited Run), The Selections album released outside of Japan, and the two singles albums Kiss Me Goodbye and Symphonic Poem: Hope.

Agent0042
11-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Somebody mentioned this over at Final Fantasy Shrine. It was said, essentially, that most of the music of Final Fantasy XII is not suited for piano tracks.

Wolf Kanno
11-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Here's something interesting from Youtube... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9-8JR43JxI&feature=related)

There is no official Piano Collection but apparently fans have made their own. The quality is not as good as a professional album, but some of the tracks are pretty good, while others don't fare as well... I can see the argument that XII's OST isn't fit for piano, but that's probably cause they often used complex melodies, which doesn't translate as well to piano solos. Earlier OSTs work cause often many of the tracks used simply (yet gorgeous) melodies.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
11-26-2010, 08:53 PM
YouTube - Farting Bunny Rabbit - Sadie has no manners! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74AzD2wfu-g)

The video link above is what I think about this thread.

Yeah, we don't need animal bowel movements, thank you. If you don't care, don't be crude about it ~WK

Fynn
11-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Somebody mentioned this over at Final Fantasy Shrine. It was said, essentially, that most of the music of Final Fantasy XII is not suited for piano tracks.

Now that is just lazy... If a good piano arranger like Hamauzu or anyone of the like tried, they'd manage. It would make a beautiful piano arrangement as well.

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2010, 09:29 PM
I could definitely name enough that could be done!

crono_logical
12-04-2010, 03:00 AM
I always thought the piano arrangements were an Uematsu thing :p

Jessweeee♪
12-04-2010, 03:21 AM
That's what I thought until FFXIII's came out!