PDA

View Full Version : Demon Wall Woes

mindfray
11-21-2010, 02:10 AM
I'm having trouble with the first demon wall, if i remember correctly if you kill it instead of running away it unlocks a path that gives a great weapon.

but the thing is, it keeps wiping my group try after try.
vaan has two quickenings, fran has two, penello has one. i got maybe 15 hits with my quickenings and it still has a bit under half health.

are there any spells its weak to? or any tips to get this and the other two down?

Depression Moon
11-21-2010, 02:15 AM
Is this your first encounter to the dungeon? If so, you probably aren't powerful enough to beat it and if you do happen to beat it I have to warn you that the powerful weapon isn't guaranteed, it's set on a probability and you may have to beat the Demon Wall several times to get it.

mindfray
11-21-2010, 04:45 AM
well most of my characters are around 15-16. where would be a good place to farm exp and loot items?

Karifean
11-21-2010, 02:39 PM
If you equip 3 Hammers from the merchant outside, you'll have a much easier time fighting Demon Wall I. A quickening also helps. If you still can't beat him, level up some more. If it is still not possible, you can try four consecutive quickenings (which is how I beat him the 1st time) by swapping in the other party members one by one.

You do not have to beat Demon Wall I multiple times. If you defeat him, you unlock the path forever. Note that you must first kill Demon Wall II and use the teleporter back to where Demon Wall I was before you can unlock the path.

And if you do want the Demon Sword (or whatever it was called), you will probably have to go for it multiple times, the chance to get it isn't that high. Just get the treasure, the run back and teleport to outside the tomb (where the merchant is) and then go for it again. The treasure DOES respawn, so theoretically, you can get 99 swords.

Shin Gouken
11-22-2010, 12:16 AM
I'd farm for a Hastaga Mote from the Westersand and use that to put Haste on everyone, then Beserk your Damage Dealers and Vossler, leaving just one character to remove Sleep/Blind from your Beserked characters. That should bring you alot closer to victory. Maybe a few extra levels would help too

Setzer the Gambler
03-08-2011, 12:53 AM
I feel your pain with that wall...
How the heck do you get out of X-Zone... ?
I thought X-Zone was a spell that killed, not lost your in some kind of weird place... :P

Saber
03-10-2011, 11:15 PM
This helped me out a lot when going for that sword.

First off there is a place where skeletons pop out on a bridge in barheim passage I think. Anyways that is a good place to get LP fast. The objective is to learn everyones quickenings. You can find where they are by scrolling between the members and seeing some of them have three misplace nodes that others have elsewhere. You can also look online to know what path to take. Once you learn all three quickenings for all characters you will have triple the MP you normally would. Also you will be able to use their most powerful attacks also.

So with that out of the way you just want to go in and perform quickenings with three characters until they are all done. You must chain them and try to pick the strongest ones each time. Then when all three characters are drained of MP, switch one of them out for someone who has MP. Use their quickenings and after you do this with all characters the demon wall should be dead or near death.

I did this myself. Sadly I went down the path and never got the sword. I had to wait until waaayy later in the game to steal it from a rare enemy.