PDA

View Full Version : Wind! Water! Fire! Earth!

Agrias
11-22-2010, 10:16 PM
I am currently lying in bed, sick as a dog, with the dog staring at me in the middle of a neighborhood winter wind storm. On occasion i hear a garbage can rolling down the hill past my house since today was garbage day and sometimes the neighbor yells after their cans. Its not the most exciting thing in the world, but for my area its scary because we never get wind storms up here. I think i prefer thunder storms to wind storms for sure. What kind of storms have you been in?

Peegee
11-22-2010, 11:50 PM
lol hong kong

See in the china, there's a chance of hurricanes because it's so close to the tropics. When I first came back from Hong Kong, my brothers had not gone there, and so I came back with tales. Basically I was saying how the HK natives were superstitious and scared and fearful people who would run away from rainfall as if it were the doomed assault from the gods themselves. And I am not talking about heavy showers, but lighter than drizzles. It baffled me and I thought I was being racist but my brothers later confirmed my belief.

Also even the worst hurricanes in HK are storms I just strolled outside through. But that's another story for another day where I describe how I will go outside topless when it's raining because I enjoy rain that much.

As for other storms I have been through an earthquake. It was funny because I didn't feel a thing but everybody around me were liek OMG WTF WAS THAT. God was I asleep?

@Alisu would thunderstorms be helpful against zombies or more harmful?

Clo
11-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Oh my dear god, I live in Western New York. Snow, snow, snow, blizzard, snow, snow, snow, snow, snow.

I've been trapped inside for days before. I think a few years ago we were stuck indoors for two days, and we didn't have electricity for three, because of a snowstorm.

I enjoy thunderstorms. There are never enough around here -- usually when there is a thunderstorm, I make food and just watch :p

Evastio
11-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Recently, snowstorms.

...well, not really. Though it has been constantly snowing the past few days where I live. But it's not like I've been snowed in during that time.

fire_of_avalon
11-23-2010, 01:34 AM
I have been in thunderstorms, hurricanes, blizzards, windstorms and the best one ever was an ice storm. The most dangerous thing I've ever experienced but the absolute most beautiful. I had to drive nearly 50 miles away from my home to Lake Lure that day very early and I'll never forget how as the sun was rising behind the clouds it hit the ice on the trees that were all bent over the road and everything turned this pale blue and just shined and sparkled.

Shlup
11-23-2010, 04:31 AM
I love thunderstorms. Wind storms are cool too; we used to have "wind days" in college when the wind got over 70mph.

That's... probably it. I haven't been in snow much, and certainly no fire storms.

Agrias
11-23-2010, 05:34 AM
Okay, so PG is a lunatic.

Just kidding, you're as normal and sane as the rest of us.

I have experienced a snow storm when i lived up in 100 mile house. We had to dig our way out to the car.

~*~Celes~*~
11-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I've been through a tornado, severe thunderstorms, ice storms, really heavy snowstorms, and I think maybe even a blizzard. That's about it though, I think.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-24-2010, 12:54 AM
Don't forget heart ; )

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-05-03-captainplanet1.jpg

Seraphic
11-24-2010, 01:51 AM
I've been through some heavy duty hurricanes living in Southern Florida, one of which left everybody in the whole county with no power for at the least a week or so.
It felt like some apocalyptic world where all the only thing that was open was the chinese takeout place, some of the traffic lights were on the floor leaving the police to direct traffic, and these massive lines to get gas at the gas station.
Wake up at around 12 and go to sleep at about 8 for lack of things to do. Boring times :/

Raistlin
11-24-2010, 01:56 AM
I've been in blizzards, thunderstorms, hurricanes, and been very close to tornadoes. Good times.

Agrias
11-24-2010, 04:24 AM
I've been in blizzards, thunderstorms, hurricanes, and been very close to tornadoes. Good times.

You thrill seeker.

NorthernChaosGod
11-24-2010, 06:34 PM
We get the occasional thunderstorm and hurricane down here, but that's about it. I think there was a firestorm or two before.

Iceglow
11-24-2010, 07:10 PM
See in the uk we call hurricanes storms we've had a couple I was in the 1987 great storm lol. I had to walk in the wind on the day before it, nearly got blown away! I've also been in several hundred thunder storms, once lightning struck a lamp post across the road from me, the heat and smell were incredible! I'll never forget the sensations and I was a good 25 meters from it (the post struck was the first street light inside a side street I was on the other side of the "main route" one day I'll screencap googlemaps to show exactly how close I got to being struck by lightning. It scared the :bou::bou::bou::bou: outta me and I sprinted the rest of the distance to my mates house. I think that someone was aiming for me and I just got saved because a tall metal pole got in the way ;)

I've also been on the road and watched a twister going through fields just one field from the road, gotta love Essex, they get everything now from drug running flights to loose women to tornadoes! Generally speaking I could make a bit of a joke about essex girls involving drugs and what they'll do to a man but well too easy!

couple of blizzards too they're not so uncommon these days in the uk though I have to say in London aside from the fact the city cannot cope with it we get it pretty damn easy though I'm hoping to not have a repeat of the past few years where snow equates to no transport running because if that happens and I have to walk it home from oxford street I'm going to have to murder people.

Agrias
11-26-2010, 05:33 AM
See in the uk we call hurricanes storms we've had a couple I was in the 1987 great storm lol. I had to walk in the wind on the day before it, nearly got blown away! I've also been in several hundred thunder storms, once lightning struck a lamp post across the road from me, the heat and smell were incredible! I'll never forget the sensations and I was a good 25 meters from it (the post struck was the first street light inside a side street I was on the other side of the "main route" one day I'll screencap googlemaps to show exactly how close I got to being struck by lightning. It scared the :bou::bou::bou::bou: outta me and I sprinted the rest of the distance to my mates house. I think that someone was aiming for me and I just got saved because a tall metal pole got in the way ;)

I've also been on the road and watched a twister going through fields just one field from the road, gotta love Essex, they get everything now from drug running flights to loose women to tornadoes! Generally speaking I could make a bit of a joke about essex girls involving drugs and what they'll do to a man but well too easy!

couple of blizzards too they're not so uncommon these days in the uk though I have to say in London aside from the fact the city cannot cope with it we get it pretty damn easy though I'm hoping to not have a repeat of the past few years where snow equates to no transport running because if that happens and I have to walk it home from oxford street I'm going to have to murder people.

I have to come see london soon! I have so many people i want to see in and/or around the uk that its really a wonder why i havent already gone. I could chase a storm or two if i had to! GRIN AND BEAR IT.