PDA

View Full Version : Long Term plans -

Peegee
11-24-2010, 06:04 PM
<a href="http://i52.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/30lfmuf.jpg">http://i52.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/30lfmuf.jpg</a>

I wonder what my parents will get me tonight. Anyway, last night I was thinking of what I had accomplished this past year. Basically it wasn't much. I think I gained 13-15 lbs or something (I'm almost back to my starting mass from when I was 29), and so my plan for 2011 is to cut down to single digit body fat, but stay at the same mass, just as a personal mission.

Then I got to thinking of my plan for the next 9 years....

I also want to get a diploma in something to do with computers. I've been planning this since ... this year, but I've never actually forced myself to do it. Of course it would have to be distance ed and/or night course, but definitely something I want to do asap so that it has the most benefit

I want to not need to work out every week forever and ever, so by the time I'm 40 I'd better be done with having to exercise. I want 40-death to be maintenance exercises. So my body has to be done. ETA - 10 years, maybe a few more.

I also want to travel. The travel destinations are: Australia, the United Kingdom, Amsterdam, Japan, and anywhere else in the next 10 years that strikes my fancy. 2011 will be Australia.

What are your long term plans? I think Mandee wrote one out, but other than that, I think most of you don't have much else going except 'graduate and get a jerb', which is good, but within 10 years? What about 10 years?

Bunny
11-24-2010, 06:29 PM
My biggest long term goal is to figure out whether or not I want to pursue a graduate degree in history, deciding what area of history I am interested in, and what I will do with said graduate degree aside from teach at a University. Also whether or not I even want to get an undergraduate degree in history, though all signs point to yes.

Other long-term goals include finally traveling somewhere outside of the United States, a dream/goal that I have had since I was an early teenager. I want to backpack through Europe with a friend or two but have been constrained by time, money, and friends pursuing their own goals. Also on the table is living arrangements, mostly dealing with the location in which I will be doing it. I dislike moving a great deal (the actual physical part of moving, I don't mind the idea itself) but I also hate settling down in one place for too long, so I need to figure out how that will fit in with my girlfriend's plans, which are quite the opposite. Speaking of girlfriend, I suppose I should figure out when/how I will propose to her.

Shorty
11-24-2010, 06:43 PM
My biggest long-term plan is to study marine biology. I've never been one for long-term plans and I tend to just take things as they come, but now that I've finally figured out what I want to do, I'm really excited.

In ten years, I hope to atleast be on my way to a doctorate and living along the coast somewhere.

Peegee
11-24-2010, 08:10 PM
My biggest long-term plan is to study marine biology. I've never been one for long-term plans and I tend to just take things as they come, but now that I've finally figured out what I want to do, I'm really excited.

In ten years, I hope to atleast be on my way to a doctorate and living along the coast somewhere.

Like California? Cuz I can't imagine you living in FL :(

Shorty
11-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah, ideally Monterey Bay, or maybe somewhere in Oregon. Florida is for old people.

escobert
11-24-2010, 08:21 PM
I can't decide what I'm going to do tonight letalone years from now!

Peegee
11-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I can't decide what I'm going to do tonight letalone years from now!

Get crunk

escobert
11-24-2010, 09:53 PM
well that's everynight :p

Peegee
11-24-2010, 10:23 PM
well that's everynight :p

So what's the problem? Also you promised to chug a 40 for me.

escobert
11-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Well I know I'll end up drinking but who knows what else I'll end up doing! :p

Peegee
11-24-2010, 11:29 PM

you should chug a 40 for pg

fire_of_avalon
11-25-2010, 01:26 AM
In the next 10 years I'd like to have my Masters, have published a book, and have served on the board of a non-profit organization. I'd also like to learn to play a musical instrument.

I used to say I wanted to be settled down with someone and have kids 10 years from now but the more time passes the less it seems as if that's something I'll make happen for myself. But that's okay, too.

Clo
11-25-2010, 02:07 AM
I want to teach kids and run book clubs and defeat the evil empire, or something.

escobert
11-26-2010, 12:06 AM

you should chug a 40 for pg

I drank several 40's and other various alcohol drinks for you last night <3

Shlup
11-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Mine may be slightly altered from the last thread. Let us review:

Lose 10 more pounds (making for 50 total, biiiitches) - Deadline: Christmas 2010
Travel to Disney World - Deadline: March 2011
IMPREGNATE - Deadline: Easter 2011 (ovaries willing)
Travel Europe - Deadline: August 2012
Buy a house - Deadline: The next year or two

Note that "get a job" is no longer on the list. I'm still trying, but... whatever. Stressing about it is stressful, and I have a husband to support me while I do my housewife :bou::bou::bou::bou: so it's all good.

So, yes, I believe that plan is a bit shifted from the last thread.

Jiro
11-26-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm boring because I still have a long way to catch up. I suppose inside of ten years I would like to have graduated and be either working or have started a grad degree. Travel would be awesome but that depends on funds which I have none of atm.

In 10 years I would like a real beard too plz

Agrias
11-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Ooooooo, good thread PG!

Here are my plans so far:

1.become a business owner(2months)
2.have a baby(start in 4-6 months, if not sooner)
3.lose 20 pounds(after the baby)
4.take acting classes(with or without baby)
5.take singing classes(with or without baby)
6.learn wing chung(with or without baby)
7.get laser eye surgery(next year)
8.get an SUV(next year)
9.buy a house(in two years)

Some of the times depend on whether i actually get pregnant or not, but they are happening either way.

Shlup
11-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Alright, Agrias! Gonna be EoFF Team Preggo 2011!

Necronopticous
11-26-2010, 06:48 AM
My long term goals are
<ul><li>To crush enemies</li><li>To see them driven before me</li><li>To hear the lamentations of the women</li></ul>

Miriel
11-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Within the next 3 years:
Hit 6 figure salary
Get Married

Within the next 5 years:
Figure out whether to settle in Los Angeles (hometown) or San Francisco (adopted hometown)
Buy a house in one of the two cities stated above
Have babies to raise in the house we bought.

Within the next 10 years:
Launch another business
Successfully help the campaign to abolish puppy mills in the United States
Have traveled to: New Zealand, Italy, France, Egypt, Thailand, etc.

Mine may be slightly altered from the last thread. Let us review:

IMPREGNATE - Deadline: Easter 2011 (ovaries willing)

Ahh! That's just around the corner, how exciting! Babies, go go go! :cheer:

Shlup
11-26-2010, 07:08 AM
I vote LA, fyi.

Agrias
11-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Alright, Agrias! Gonna be EoFF Team Preggo 2011!

We will bring a new species to humankind unlike any before us! They will have abilities far beyond mere man. They will be able to eat a cookie, WITH THEIR MIND, DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUNN.

*~Le Gasp~*

Also, necro obviously wins this whole thread.

Peegee
11-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Good reminder Alisu! I also want to get lazer pew pew surgery next year :D

Psychotic
11-26-2010, 03:35 PM
- become pro money advisor
- get house
- trick a woman into being mine forever
- make vague plans to get in shape, forget after two weeks
- sleep

Raistlin
11-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Graduate law school, fight crime, and defeat the zombie horde.

Shiny
11-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Live.

Freya
11-26-2010, 09:47 PM
2011:
- take spring online classes
- get health insurance and 2 surgeries
- finish my novel i've been working on for forever and a day just to say I at least finished a novel
- Vegas for my 21st with sister and Yar because we're gangsters like that
- move the ef out of oklahoma
- (hopefully recovered enough from surgery #2) go to school out of state by the fall (again if possible)

2012:
- If I can't get out by next fall I'll aim for the spring after that.
- If I deem that finished novel worthy enough I might ATTEMPT to be published (can't get anywhere without at least trying first)

That's the extent of my current future plans

Fate Fatale
11-27-2010, 08:01 AM
My life is currently at a crossroads. I'm in college waiting to hear about getting into a musical theatre performance major, but I'm setting myself up to be a director if I don't get into that. So my life could go one of two ways.

Musical Theatre:
1. Finish college with a BFA in Musical Theatre
2. Move to either New York or London
3. Audition for every show available.
4. Land a role, either minor or major.
5. Make a name for myself as a stage performer.
6. Live my life's dream as a musical theatre performer.

Directing:
1. Graduate college with a BA in directing.
2. Move to Chicago and start producing smaller productions.
3. Grow my name as a director and person.
4. Direct larger and larger shows and work my way to New York.
5. Live my life as a big time director.

Either way, I'm going to have to work my ass off to succeed in life.
There's no business like show business.

Shiny
11-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Directing:
1. Graduate college with a BA in directing.

!!! You know, there is another EoFFer on here from Spain who is a cinematography major. And I'm editing. So cool.

kotora
11-28-2010, 09:14 AM
cewl

I might become a movie critic after I finish my studies and army career so I can completely rip apart your movie if you guys make one

Shattered Dreamer
11-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Hmm lets see:

1. Get playing paid cover gigs with band number 8 (hopefully be ready for that March - April 2011)
2. Start writing music again (ASAP) Can't be a cover musician forever & I haven't written a song in 2 years!
3. Make preparations to return to uni for undergrad degree number 2 this time in history. Law School costs €12000 in Ireland so that's out the question plus I'm a musician at heart not a lawyer! (Preparations begin Jan 2011)
4. Get off unemployment benefit (ASAP) Any job will do!
5. Form a lasting relationship (my last relationship was an utter disaster!)