PDA

View Full Version : PS3 version has been 100% ported!

nirojan
11-26-2010, 12:27 AM
I skimped over the first page and didn't see anything on it and decided to post it up. News is actually from Nov.17th, but whoever missed it and is awaiting the ps3 launch here you go:

The MMO's producer and director have revealed that the PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIV, which is slated to release in March, is already fully ported from the PC version.

Speaking with Famitsu, producer Hiromichi Tanaka and director Nobuaki Komoto explained that while the game is still getting polished, the process of moving it over from the PC has been finished. Because of differences between the two platforms, players can expect the PS3 version to have slightly lower texture quality. However, PC and PS3 players will all share the same servers, so you can party-up with users on the opposite platform.

Normally, the idea of a game being done months in advance is a good thing. However, given the overwhelming confluence of problems on the PC version, I'd almost rather hear "We have a lot of work to do" instead of "We're done!"

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/11/17/final-fantasy-xiv-port-for-ps3-is-100-complete.aspx

*Devore*
12-02-2010, 12:47 PM
So its finished. I'm guessing the reason why they are releasing it in march is because they want to fix all of the problems first. But still, atleast we can be pretty confidant that there will not be any delays with its PS3 launch.

Lionx
12-07-2010, 03:06 AM
From the state of the game that i remember it, i rather they not say its finished...but that they are still working vigilantly to make it better.

Rostum
12-07-2010, 04:18 AM
It says "moving it over from the PC has been finished" not that the porting process is completely finished. They are not that same thing.

Peegee
01-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Wow threads are so spaced out here.

I asked my friend who plays FF14 and he says the Ps3 port is stalled for now.

I'll also take this chance (since it's my first post) to say I'll be getting FF14 next week!

Rostum
01-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I'll also take this chance (since it's my first post) to say I'll be getting FF14 next week!

:lol: