PDA

View Full Version : need strategy, tips everything to beat the elder wyrm in golmore jungle

mindfray
11-27-2010, 07:40 AM
so what do i need setup so i don't have to spend the entire fight healing status ailments? what gambits to use? what accesories or weapons to use?

anything that will help

thanks

nik0tine
11-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Use wind elemental magic and weapons. Buy the Gladius ( I think its the gladius) and get the most powerful wind magic available.

Before the fight, buff everyone with whatever buffs you have, like bubble, protect, etc. I like to equip all three characters with reflect rings and spam my most powerful Aero spell on my party, hitting elder wyrm 3 times for massive damage. Add in the gladius wielder for extra damage and make one character a dedicated healer and you shouldn't have too many problems.

mindfray
11-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Use wind elemental magic and weapons. Buy the Gladius ( I think its the gladius) and get the most powerful wind magic available.

Before the fight, buff everyone with whatever buffs you have, like bubble, protect, etc. I like to equip all three characters with reflect rings and spam my most powerful Aero spell on my party, hitting elder wyrm 3 times for massive damage. Add in the gladius wielder for extra damage and make one character a dedicated healer and you shouldn't have too many problems.

so where do i get the reflect rings, and where do i buy a more powerful aero spell than the first one? also where do i buy the gladius?

and do i have to somehow cast reflect on the boss to heal my team? cause cura will bounce off the reflect on my team.

nik0tine
11-29-2010, 07:29 AM
so where do i get the reflect rings, and where do i buy a more powerful aero spell than the first one? also where do i buy the gladius?Unfortunately I don't remember where any of this stuff actually is. The gladius, however, I am sure is nearby. It may even be sold by the moogle in Eryuit (sp?) village. Check there for Aero spells too.

When you need to heal, unequip the reflect rings before you cast cura. Once healed, equip them once more.

mindfray
11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
well found out ruby rings are sold at Phon Coast, Mt. Bur-Omisace , and i don't know how to get there without beating the elder wyrm.

Karifean
11-29-2010, 04:56 PM
They can also be bought at the camp in Mosphoran Highwaste. Though I don't really think you need it. Just use a ranged fighter (which won't get hit by the status ailments) and have him use Remedy (with all its licenses, if possible) or Esuna.

mindfray
12-09-2010, 11:27 PM
well my ps2 died, bought it in january. glad i bought that walmart product replacement plan or i would have been out of another 99 bucks.

but anyways i tried putting vaan at range since he has three mist charges and trying to nail this thing at a distance. about near halfway everyone in the party got hit by the special attack, and i also had fran as using a bow. then everyone died game over.

are there any special arrows i can buy that will do more damage against this thing. I hate status ailments with a passion because of this thing.

so i guess its back to leveling by chain leveling the panthers to get extra pelts to sell. i sold 40 of them got about 18k. used that to buy some extra magic at the viera village and bought two golden amulets. so i might try and set soemone up with a gambit to use remedys to get rid of those nasty debuffs.

now is there a single accesory i can use to stop from getting a single ailment that would put a stop on a character if they got hit with the spore fall? i mean to make it so that character won't get taken out of the game unable to use remedies
going to farm more pelts and exp from panthers so everyone will have golden amulets to get those remedy licenses so i can cure everything on a single player in one shot.

still need help