PDA

View Full Version : Who does Roxas like more, Namine or Xion?

LadyRelena
11-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Now I know that Roxas is a Nobody (which means he doesn't have a heart) but he obviously cares A LOT about both Namine and Xion. I know this isn't some heated debate like that of the LTD in FF7, but I still see people picking sides in this matter and I find it interesting.

So which girl do you think he cared for more, or had a better connection with, and why?

Del Murder
11-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Definitely Xion. They spent a lot more time together and developed a much better friendship. I think he is only drawn to Namine because Roxas and Namine are the nobodys of bffs Sora and Kairi so they have that connection.

Ouch!
11-29-2010, 07:26 PM
But... but... Xion's a dude.

Del Murder
11-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Roxas is a confused teenager. You never experimented in college?

Jessweeee♪
11-29-2010, 08:04 PM
I would think Xion, since they spent all of that quality time together eating ice cream! Did he ever even meet Namine? On his own, I mean.

Wolf Kanno
11-30-2010, 04:23 AM
He meets her for a short moment in KHII's prologue. Also, Xion can be whatever she wants to be baby. :cool:

I'm going for Xion as well. Roxas' is only drawn to Namine because of their other sides. Xion was just closer and more meaningful to him. Though she is technically a side of him as well so I guess at this point it's masturbation but whatever.

Jessweeee♪
11-30-2010, 04:51 AM
Oh that's right. I forgot about the Prologue. My favorite part of the game. I should play it again.

LadyRelena
12-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Wow no one thinks Roxas actually liked Namine more. :( I just replayed KH2 and when she said "We'll be together again" he looked like he really wanted to be with her. Also, the ending scene when they smile at each other through Kari and Sora seemed much more heart felt then anything that happened with Xion.

For the recorded, Xion isn't really a girl or a boy. In fact she's literally a physical manifestation of Sora's memories of Kairi (Hence why she looks and acts like her) but is in no way a part of Kairi herself like Namine. Hypothetically, if Roxas had any feelings of romance or caring for Xion, it was because she was masked to look like Kairi and they were misplaced.

Namine however is the real deal. She actually IS a part of Kairi which is why they clicked almost immediately. In my opinion, to say that Roxas is in love with Xion it would be the same thing as saying he's in love with his arm; an arm that's dressed up to look like the girl he loves, but an arm none the less.

On a side note. I really liked Xion but I found her to be completely useless to the plot of Kingdom Hearts as a whole. It's like they created her soly for the purpose of making another game and milking the franchise, as well as to give Roxas another "possible" love interest. I suppose Namine wasn't popular in Japan and Roxas was, so they made a new girl for him. I guess my problem with her is that, I think I would really like her if it didn't feel like she was created for the purpose of fan pandering and shipping with Roxas.

Del Murder
12-01-2010, 03:10 AM
While I agree that she was created just to have another game, it did tie into the story well and was a good explanation for why Roxas ended up where he did at the start of KH2. It also turned Roxas into more of a tragic character and character development is a good thing.

blackmage_nuke
12-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Axel

Wolf Kanno
12-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I really liked Xion and well most of 358/2 cause frankly I feel the Nobodies are far more interesting than the Heartless and the Heart of All Worlds and normal KH shenanigans. So having a title dedicated to them as well as upstart Roxas allowed them to give a few really cool characters better development, which they needed cause I felt KH2 was a disaster of a game in terms of story.

Xion herself pretty much symbolized the main issues of the Nobodies which was that they are not wanted or needed. When they are gone they are gone and Xion took this concept to a tragic end (though coded appears to be hinting that she may actually make a return in the future, as she is actually mentioned in the game, meaning she's not been wiped completely out of existence, and she is one of the people Sora needs to save.) As DEl said, I feel the game really fleshed out Roxas and transformed him into one of the most tragic figures in KH.

Xion herself is not as annoying as I thought she would be and I genuinely empathized and liked her as a character. In truth, she's probably more like a sister to Roxas but I also feel that Namine's relationship with him is not as solid as shipper make it out to be. I always interpreted their words at the end of KH2 to be less romantic and more of a "Hey, we might be Nobodies and we have lost our physical forms, but we're still here". Their relationship never felt romantic, more like they empathized with each other cause they are in the same boat as each other (Abnormal Nobodies that are ostracized by their own kind) so it was more of them sticking together so they weren't alone. The two only spoke for a little while in KH2 and Roxas barely knows Namine.

Besides, I always felt Namine would have more of a thing for Sora himself since he did more for her. Granted the chances of that working was nil but by merging with Kairi she could still be close to him. Though the likely-hood of any of these characters getting major screen time in future installments (beyond coded specifically) is very unlikely, so it's not like any of this will be answered.

LadyRelena
12-06-2010, 08:09 AM
I really liked Xion and well most of 358/2 cause frankly I feel the Nobodies are far more interesting than the Heartless and the Heart of All Worlds and normal KH shenanigans. So having a title dedicated to them as well as upstart Roxas allowed them to give a few really cool characters better development,

I agree with this.

which they needed cause I felt KH2 was a disaster of a game in terms of story.

It's only a disaster if you go from KH1 to KH2. KH2 was always meant to be played after CoM. CoM is one of those necessary games needed for the main plot.

Xion herself pretty much symbolized the main issues of the Nobodies which was that they are not wanted or needed. When they are gone they are gone and Xion took this concept to a tragic end.

I can understand this but they didn't need to make up a new character just to show how much it sucks to be a Nobody. They already showed that in KH2 with Roxas a many of Org13. Making up a slight love interest character just so that they can kill her off and add dramatics, is unnecessary and shows blatant signs of poor writing and milking.

(though coded appears to be hinting that she may actually make a return in the future, as she is actually mentioned in the game, meaning she's not been wiped completely out of existence, and she is one of the people Sora needs to save.)

Is Coded the new name for KH3 or something?

As DEl said, I feel the game really fleshed out Roxas and transformed him into one of the most tragic figures in KH.

I also wanted Roxas fleshed out more but it wasn't necessary to make him so tragic. Personally I always thought Roxas and Namine were going to get their own hearts when Sora got to Kingdom Hearts (and then we could have seen them both fleshed out afterword) But it looks unlikely we'll see either one of them again (At least not Namine :(

Xion herself is not as annoying as I thought she would be and I genuinely empathized and liked her as a character.

I liked her as well and I have no problems with her personality wise. It just feels like they set up the relationship between her and Roxas a cretin way, so that fans could construe that perhaps they were more then just friends. The whole thing feels like their trying to retcon Roxas and Namine's established (not to mention canon) relationship just because Namine my not have been as popular as they would have liked. [Just as a side note before anyone comments on it; since Sora x Kairi are canon, that means Roxas x Namine are canon by association]

In truth, she's probably more like a sister to Roxas but I also feel that Namine's relationship with him is not as solid as shipper make it out to be. I always interpreted their words at the end of KH2 to be less romantic and more of a "Hey, we might be Nobodies and we have lost our physical forms, but we're still here". Their relationship never felt romantic, more like they empathized with each other cause they are in the same boat as each other (Abnormal Nobodies that are ostracized by their own kind) so it was more of them sticking together so they weren't alone. The two only spoke for a little while in KH2 and Roxas barely knows Namine.

I couldn't disagree more. They know each other inside almost immediately without even realizing it because they are a part of Sora and Kairi. Maybe it's been a while since you have played KH2 but there was a whole interlude where Namine, Roxas, Sora, and Kairi talked about nothing but "Being Together" with one another. Here is the part I'm talking about YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 2 Roxas and Namine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9oKVamr_uc) The conversation between Roxas and Namine, before they turn to Sora and Kairi, can't logically be construed as "Just friendship" given the context in of how they act and talk to each-other (not to mention that romantic music). Frankly I'm surprised I'm the only one who thinks he liked Namine more then Xion.

Besides, I always felt Namine would have more of a thing for Sora himself since he did more for her. Granted the chances of that working was nil but by merging with Kairi she could still be close to him.

I don't know how you would get this. I'm not saying it's wrong, just that I didn't see it. In the link I provided, she's clearly sating all the romantic dialog to Roxas and not Sora.

Though the likely-hood of any of these characters getting major screen time in future installments (beyond coded specifically) is very unlikely, so it's not like any of this will be answered.

Yes and I hate SE for it.

Ouch!
12-08-2010, 02:47 AM
Coded takes place after Kingdom Hearts 2 and was originally released for various cell phone platforms in Japan. It is currently being ported to the DS as Re: coded.

Mercen-X
12-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm still under the impression that Namine really is in the same boat as Roxas in that I believe Namine actually existed as a separate person before the events that led to Kairi sharing her heart with Sora. Then again, I haven't completed Days and haven't been able to play Sleep so I don't know if that question has been addressed.
Personally, I don't believe either Roxas or Namine or Xion had any romantic feelings to express. No matter how desperate you are to turn every little subtlety into a romantic gesture, in the end you have to come to terms with the fact that none of them actually had time to even think about that. They were primarily concerned for themselves while their concern for others was understandably secondhand and had a lot weighing on their shoulders. No amount of wishing will change the fact that in fiction as well as in reality we don't always have the luxury of time wasted on romantic fantasy.
If Roxas had any feelings for Xion it was most likely inspired by familiarity due to the fact that the Xion doll was basically a clone of the keyblade wielder tying "her" to Sora, Kairi, Aqua, and Roxas (if for some only in appearance).

LadyRelena
12-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm still under the impression that Namine really is in the same boat as Roxas in that I believe Namine actually existed as a separate person before the events that led to Kairi sharing her heart with Sora. Then again, I haven't completed Days and haven't been able to play Sleep so I don't know if that question has been addressed.
If this is true then perhaps well see Namine again when Sora gets to Kingdom Hearts.

Personally, I don't believe either Roxas or Namine or Xion had any romantic feelings to express. No matter how desperate you are to turn every little subtlety into a romantic gesture, in the end you have to come to terms with the fact that none of them actually had time to even think about that. They were primarily concerned for themselves while their concern for others was understandably secondhand and had a lot weighing on their shoulders. No amount of wishing will change the fact that in fiction as well as in reality we don't always have the luxury of time wasted on romantic fantasy.
Quite a gloomy outlook there. I'm not trying to "Look for" shipping points here. Sora and Kairi love each other and are canon, so it would be only fair to assume that their nobodies feel the same toward each other (especially since they seem to show affection to each other which go beyond the idea of "just friends"). Thats what I'm basing my argument on with them. As for Xion, he did sort of the same thing with her but had more time to develop feelings for her (whatever those feelings may have been)

This isn't about canon per-say, since Sora and Kairi's relationship make Roxas and Namine canon by dealt. This is saying, if Roxas himself had a choice in the matter which girl do you think he cared about most. It's just a fun little "what if" topic and not meant to be taken so seriously. I apologies if I made everyone think otherwise with my response. I suppose it doesn't matter since this thread seems dead anyway. I was just surprised that no one seemed to remember those parts of KH2.

Wolf Kanno
12-29-2010, 06:46 PM
The issue is that I don't feel that just because Namine and Roxas' other halfs are a couple, automatically means they would be a couple as well. As both Mercen-X and I have pointed out, they barely know each other. Even if that was enough, I would argue their love is the same as their existence, fake. Cause they don't actually like each other cause they fell in love through their time together, instead they are compelled to be in love cause their bodies happen to be a couple. So I feel any relationship these two would have with just from the info from 358/2 and KH2 would make the two question their own feelings for each other, if that were the case.

Also, considering the revelations of BbS, I feel its safe to assume that Roxas should not be treated as simply being Sora's Nobody cause of extenuating circumstances and thus should be free from the idea of "if Sora likes it, Roxas likes it" and neither should Namine herself since she as well holds part of Sora within her due to the circumstances of her creation.

Its because of this that I can't really say Roxas should be with anyone, cause he has no real relationship with Namine, and Xion is just another part of him, and even then I would argue they are more friends or brother/sister in terms of relations to each other.

I think most people prefer the Roxas Xion pairing cause its more grounded, you actually get to see the two grow together and have adventures and free time. Whereas Roxas and Namine's time together in all the titles makes up less than 10 minutes. I just don't feel their is strong evidence to suggest they like each other in that way let alone be a couple. I still interpret the scene they have together at the end of KH2, as more of friendship than love, simply because the rest of the evidence in the game shows its not possible for them to have hooked up so quickly. I still feel their relationship is one more based on kinship than romantic interest cause both were able to merge back with their other halves and continue to exist.

lovekiku
12-19-2011, 01:36 PM
A lot of us like Namine, such as myself, and a lot of people like Xion. However, I find this hard to debate over. I've played all games thus far, and truthfully I like both characters, but I like Namine more. I can somewhat blame this on the fact that we all knew Namine WAY before Xion, and while Namine may not have shown as much of herself as Xion did, my argument stands the same. I feel that because Namine had been introduced first is what causes my 'faving' of her, whereas I just don't really care that much for Xion. I like her, but I like Namine more. In this sense, had Xion been introduced first, my opinion would most definitely be different.

It's hard for me also because this argument seems completely unfair. A comparison to this argument would be the TifaCloudAerith argument for Final Fantasy VII, but the difference being that both Aerith and Tifa had been introduced in the same game AND both had different, yet powerful moments with Cloud. In THIS particular argument, however, it's almost easy to say that because Xion is new, she'd be more likeable and popular. My point is that because Xion was introduced after Namine, Xion is considered the new 'trend' in the Roxas love debate.

However, some like Namine for the exact same reason, but see things differently. Namine may have been introduced first, but that gave most of us time to grow attached to her. Because of this, the creation of Xion only outrages those who have grown so attached to Namine prefer her to be with Roxas. Xion fans, however, like her because she's new and has shown more.

There are many things that can, have, and will be debated on between the 'compatability' between both characters and Roxas. However, I will not choose between because in my opnion, this argument is unfair. Both girls are complete opposites. Namine is shy, fragile, part of Kairi, and in actuality kinda useless in battle. Xion is confused, whiny, part of Sora, and more useful in battle than Namine.

You know, when I really think about it, this whole affair is kinda wrong. if namine were to be with roxas, that would mean she'd be with sora, roxas, AND xion! if xion were to be with roxas, she'd be with roxas, sora, and... herself...? this is all some weird twisted threesome madness with some possible masturbation going on here! XD all jokes aside, I personally think roxas should be with namine and xion should be with axel XD i dunno why. I just like it that way! <3 Please don't flame this post!

Keyblademaster03
01-16-2012, 05:22 PM
I disagree with that. I think that Roxas like Nomine because Xion is a (spoiler) dude, and in the video game Kingdom Hearts 2 (Spoiler) Nomine IS Kairi's nobody, and Roxas and Nomine said (spoiler) "We will be together as long as Sora and Kairi stay together."

Hollycat
01-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Xion is not a "dude", xion is roxas's lost memories in a mechanical body

Sword
01-18-2012, 03:33 PM
As if this is a serious topic of discussion.

Hikari "Kari" Akuma
01-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I have to admit - I prefer neither.
I happen to fall under the "AkuRoku" fangirl title. Admittedly, I don't go around and pair every male together because I'm some crazed yaoi fangirl. It's just in most rpg's - at least I get a bigger glimpse into the female character's heads so I GET why she is the way she is.
Namine has a few redeeming traits I noticed in Re:CoM. Unlike her somebody Kairi, I actually got to see her in a difficult light. She had the workings to be a character I would have loved because of how she was portrayed. Sadly, she never had enough screen time for my taste. More than Kairi in any case, but that is besides the point.
I never played Xion's game but since she is Sora too and Roxas ends up forgetting her...eh.
So I'll just say Axel. Good screen time, good character interaction, some cute bonding scenes... Ignore Square's lack of openly gay characters and that seems like my ideal pairing for Roxas.

lisyaorancrazed
09-03-2012, 02:49 AM
i dont care about who roxas likes more but at the end of the day xion fades away before roxas and namine fade back into sora and kairi so even if roxas liked xion more he never could have been with her romantically not to mention everyone forgets about xion so i think roxas likes namine more.

Hollycat
09-03-2012, 05:41 AM
lisyaorancrazed, I'm sure some mod is about to run in here and say this, but I'm taking the joy from them.
We try to avoid posting in threads that no one has posted in for several months, but if you have something to say on the subject, make a new thread, I'm sure me and the other KH crazies would love to chat about it.

don't get angry, I've wanted to post that since I joined

The thing about that is we discourage that a whole bunch.

fire_of_avalon
09-03-2012, 05:47 AM
We do generally discourage reviving threads that are more than six months old, lisya, so I'm gonna close this thread. But if you'd like to discuss the topic further, feel free to create a new thread!