PDA

View Full Version : TURTLE!

Vermachtnis
11-30-2010, 05:01 AM
Let's talk about an under appreciated character in V, Mr. Turtlekins or Ghido as some people may call him. I like how he explained the Legendary Weapons in a way that even Butz could understand. "Yes, the twelve legendary weapons. They are weapons. They are legendary. There are even twelve of them."

Wolf Kanno
11-30-2010, 07:43 AM
I still love that Dissidia has an easter egg that references him. If you max out Ex-Death's level, you unlock a hidden dialogue from him where he's just yelling "TURTLE!".

As for the game, I wish they had gone into more detail about the sage. Ghido was really interesting and it would have been cool to hear a little more about him.

Though I know his true infamy was always being involved with all the fake internet rumors of a hidden Paladin job class. Usually involved somehow getting back into his cave after Ex-Death trashes the joint and he hands you a missing crystal shard.

Loony BoB
11-30-2010, 11:36 AM
He's pretty cool. There's a song dedicated to him in the musical 'Nine'. It's pretty saucy!

Roogle
12-02-2010, 07:50 PM
I liked Ghido. I am surprised that he was able to hold off Exdeath for any amount of time.

I thought it was weird that a hidden sage turned out to be an ordinary turtle that learned how to speak, and I thought it was a bit strange that all of the characters seemed to accept this rather quickly.

Wolf Kanno
12-04-2010, 03:46 AM
Well Bartz, does fight a wolfman and considering some of the monsters, I don't think a talking turtle is too far fetched at this point. :D

Roogle
12-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Yes, I understand that, but the wolves are anthropomorphic and have their own culture and village. The turtle, Ghido, is all alone and isolated without any other turtles, so are all turtles intelligent like Ghido or is Ghido the intelligent one of ordinary turtles? It confuses me to think about it.

VeloZer0
12-07-2010, 12:55 AM
A turtle doesn't seem so bad in the context of the game's main villain being a tree.