PDA

View Full Version : So, I was playing Dark Lord for the Famicom the other day.

KentaRawr!
12-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Let me fill you in on Dark Lord. You make a character, decide its class, decide its gender, and you decide how you're going to distribute their stats. Then, you go into a town and accept quests. While playing, I thought to myself:

Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a game like this where I could play with other people who made their own characters and we could do quests together!?

Then, I realized that this kind of game already exists, and that I wasted a lot of my time between years 10-16 playing games like that.

Have you ever thought to yourself that something would be really awesome in gaming, only to remember that it already exists?

Vyk
12-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Usually its pointed out that what I want exists. But not in the way I want it to. Like say you want a fun beat'em'up with your friend. One of the best choices out there is the arcade Ninja Turtles games. But about your only real option for that is emulators that allow for co-op over the internet. Which is an awesome option they've implemented, so thank god for that. But some people might just be like "Why not just play Castle Crashers?". And yeah, Castle Crashers is a fun and awesome game. But it is not Turtles in Time or Hyperstone Heist

And I think playing old-school co-op, like Secret of Mana, or your fictional version of Dark Lord, would probably be a lot more fun for some people than hitting up on WoW or something. So though it may have been invented already, its just not the same in some cases

I think maybe I put a little too much thought into this topic haha..

KentaRawr!
12-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I was thinking more like PSO than WoW.