PDA

View Full Version : It's a bargain!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Today I went to GameStop and the first thing I saw was the drastically reduced prices on some of the strategy guides. I bought the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 strategy guide for only $2.99, and then I left the store like a giddy school girl.

Have you ever found any really good sales?

NorthernChaosGod
12-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Strategy guides are available for free online.

CimminyCricket
12-03-2010, 08:03 AM
I find sweet deals all the time. I go to this department store called Ross, which is basically a store where they take all the stuff that nobody wanted to buy from bigger retails and lowers the price a bunch to get people to buy them.

Bunny
12-03-2010, 08:07 AM

Yeah but these guides have pictures and incorrect information!

Miriel
12-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty much obsessed with sites like Groupon, Living Social, Open Table, Yelp Deals, etc. Just today I bought an Open Table deal for $50 worth of food for $25 at a French bistro in San Francisco.

I got my Le Creuset oven for 40% off retail price, my Mac Pro for $1000 off retail, Del Murder and I got our HTC Incredibles in a buy-one-get-one-free deal. The couch I'm sitting on we got for super cheap off Craigslist (it's an Ikea Ektorp and I looove it). And last year, we found round trip tickets to South Korea (non-stop) for $500. TAX INCLUDED! The book I am currently reading, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, Del Murder got for me with a 40% off coupon at Borders. :D I get lots of great deals on books since I buy so many of them used. I found the Letters of J.R.R Tolkien for like $1 at a used book store!

Also, there's this place in Vegas that I always go to that serves a steak dinner for $6.99 and that also includes soup/salad, two sides, and beer. Best deal in town.

I am bargain hunter extraordinaire.

Alive-Cat
12-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Strategy guides, I think there should be a strategy guide for making minced soup. Not a cook book, I mean a strategy guide. You can almost NEVER get one of those. I think, in this day and age, that's the only thing that would turn me into a giddy school girl.
There should be a strategy guide on how to be a giddy school girl.

Roto13
12-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Uno is a dollar on the PSN this week. So there's that.

Peegee
12-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I agree with that entirely. But the speech they wanted to get across was an anti-Islam message, and they should be free to express that. The speech I would want to get across is an anti-holding-meaningless-things-sacred-and-whining-when-others-disrespect-them message, and so I should be free to express that by burning/destroying/desecrating the whole lot of "sacred" texts.

I love it when I see deals, because it means that I can get more of what I like. For example usually my clothes run me between 100-200$ a piece, which is ridiculous or just cheap, depending on whether you like deals or not.

I personally like deals because it means that I can get more of what I like. For example when I found jeans for 40$ in USA I bought a whole bunch and then I bought a whole bunch and then brought them all to canada where they just got dirty and then I wore them to work sometimes.

If I find a good deal I like deals because it means that I can get more of what I like.

kotora
12-03-2010, 07:09 PM
A lot of stuff I can get cheaper because my friend works at Media Markt. Means I can sometimes get new video games for like 30 euros, then sell them for 40 when I'm done.

also I got some cool clothes through bargains. Like my Hugo Boss suit which was only 250 euro (originally like 700).

Breine
12-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Uno is a dollar on the PSN this week. So there's that.

Nice.

G13
12-04-2010, 12:08 AM

Yeah but these guides have pictures and incorrect information!

I realize all of these things, but I like collecting strategy guides for the games I have.

Maybe you could try and contribute to the thread, as opposed to feigning cleverness.

Heh, funny.

I wait until the last possible moment to leave the safety of my mother's basement so I never get any of the good deals.

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Please get back onto the topic of bargains everyone!

(I deleted some posts.)

theundeadhero
12-05-2010, 05:53 AM
Sometimes the gamestop girl would draw hearts on my receipt and that's a bargain because she's a hotty :love:

NorthernChaosGod
12-05-2010, 09:12 PM
If I have to talk about bargains otherwise I'll hurt the OP's feelings, then I've been going out on Black Friday for the past four years now. I also get emails for the sales at Macy's and The Men's Warehouse.

Rodarian
12-06-2010, 07:51 AM
I paid 2 dollars for a bomber jacket in Dhaka....:cool:

Shorty
12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
I love scoping out bargains on craigslist or thrift stores. Just because something's at a cheap price doesn't mean it can't be awesome.

I tried to get into the whole couponing thing, but I decided the effort wasn't worth it. Some of those people are obsessed with their coupons.

Lunatic_High
12-06-2010, 06:50 PM
I managed to get the official Final Fantasy X-2 startegy guide from a local Game the other month for only 99p. Shame they didn't have any of the others as well really :-)

kotora
12-06-2010, 07:15 PM
today I went shopping for shoes. the ones I wanted were like 160 yuro. Found them online for 120.

Peegee
12-06-2010, 09:30 PM
today I went shopping for shoes. the ones I wanted were like 160 yuro. Found them online for 120.

120.00 EUR = 160.523 CAD

That's a decent price for shoes. Pics?

kotora
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM

120.00 EUR = 160.523 CAD

That's a decent price for shoes. Pics?

http://images.omoda.nl/img/41ee5feb85a7/max/340/max/340/grijze-timberland-enkelboot-earthkeepers-leather-6.jpg

basically I was looking for boots that I could hike in and wear them casually as well. these ones looked pretty good. plus they're called "earthkeepers" because they're made of recycled materials, so I can be totally smug about them like I just saved the planet.

Madame Adequate
12-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. $8.99. It was at a GameStop in Terre Haute, Indiana. Just sitting there. For no money and change.

Roto13
12-06-2010, 10:32 PM
^^ That reminds me. One time I bought the GameCube version of Namco Museum for $1.50 because there was a mistake on the marked price. (It was supposed to be $15.) I eventually ended up trading it for The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. Totally worth it.

Depression Moon
12-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Black Fri I snagged me up the God of War Collection for only $10 and The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray for only $5.

Laddy
12-07-2010, 02:09 AM
$30 Pea Coats! Need I say more?

Rodarian
12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
$2 people...$2.....:cool:

NorthernChaosGod
12-07-2010, 06:42 PM
$30 Pea Coats! Need I say more?
Fuck, where?

Depression Moon
12-08-2010, 01:32 AM
^^ That reminds me. One time I bought the GameCube version of Namco Museum for $1.50 because there was a mistake on the marked price. (It was supposed to be $15.) I eventually ended up trading it for The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. Totally worth it.

What the heck you got several games for only $1.50? I'm angrily jealous.

Raistlin
12-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. $8.99. It was at a GameStop in Terre Haute, Indiana. Just sitting there. For no money and change.

That's ridiculous. When was this?

That reminds me of one of my best gaming deals, which was getting Suikoden II for only $20 at a game store. That's about 75% off.

Rye
12-08-2010, 02:08 AM
I got a really good deal on a pair of flats from Steve Madden on Cyber Monday. 30% on top of their discount price, plus shipping.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/SteveMadden/ELLYY_BLACK-LEATHER?$large$

Madame Adequate
12-08-2010, 02:33 AM

That's ridiculous. When was this?

That reminds me of one of my best gaming deals, which was getting Suikoden II for only $20 at a game store. That's about 75% off.

This would have been 2004 I believe. And very nice deal on S2.

fire_of_avalon
12-08-2010, 02:42 AM
I am going to go on a rant.

Yesterday I served a Coupon Queen who FLIPPED THE FUCK OUT because she misplaced a coupon in her giant folder. And by flipped the fuck out what I mean is she looked at me with the panic-stricken sneer and said "I HAVE LOST A COUPON," picked up all her belongings and said "You'll have to hold my things, I must find this coupon. I must find it."

Afterwards her coupons weren't doubling because they didn't meet the specific requirements of the doubling deal and she, again, flips the fuck out. "Ma'am I can read, it's UP TO $2.00. We double coupons UP TO $2.00. We don't double coupons for $2.50." Eventually we just gave it to her because she just kept getting more and more upset. She ended up paying $2.67 for like 40 bucks worth of stuff and kept asking me if I thought she was a good shopper because she was able to do that, don't you think I planned well, didn't I do a good job.

I am a fan of a legitimate bargain as much as anybody but don't push what you're not owed, freaking coupon queens!

Roto13
12-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha, that's fantastic. The best part is the begging for validation at the end. "ARE YOU PROUD OF ME MOMMY ARE YOU PROUD"

~*~Celes~*~
12-08-2010, 08:45 AM
I get 10% off of anything that's not grocery, baby, or pharmacy items, even if it's on sale or clearance at my place of employment.

SO if something's on clearance for 50% off, I can get an additional 10% off leaving me to pay only 40% of the original sale price :3